IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love your comments about Libby being a hero! Some eloquent and touching. Thank you!

Wondering if possibly the suspect was stalking either one of the girls way before the crime was committed, possibly hours or days before.

He may have seen one of them at a grocery store, shop, gas station, etc. and from there learned their routine or where one of them lives and was able to literally or physically stalk them right to the hiking trail.

Suspect more of less targeted one of the girls much earlier than day of crime.
Once girls arrived at the hiking trail, he saw his opportunity.

If so, then LE would want to check any store or street cameras for person matching suspect photos/video of places where the girls visited in days hours prior to crime.

Just a thought and possibly LE has already done this since it is kind of an obvious thing that LE would want to do. Again, MOO:moo:, and apologies if this has already been discussed.

bbm - this is something you should let LE know. They can't think of everything, and this might be a new angle.
I agree! Call it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

Wondering if possibly the suspect was stalking either one of the girls way before the crime was committed, possibly hours or days before.

He may have seen one of them at a grocery store, shop, gas station, etc. and from there learned their routine or where one of them lives and was able to literally or physically stalk them right to the hiking trail.

Suspect more of less targeted one of the girls much earlier than day of crime.
Once girls arrived at the hiking trail, he saw his opportunity.

If so, then LE would want to check any store or street cameras for person matching suspect photos/video of places where the girls visited in days hours prior to crime.

It would be standard operating procedure to canvas the area and obtain all available security camera footage that may have captured the perpetrator before and/or after the crime. They would also be pulling cellphone tower data to identify any cellphones in the area where the crime took place on the assumption that the perpetrator's cellphone may have been active.

I've just been playing around with my video on my phone because I thought libby or someone would have had to press stop on the record to save the video. Turns out that you don't. I switched my phone of while recording and the video was saved to my phone and my cloud account.
I think they were messing about making videos and caught this guy on the video. She realises the danger and puts the phone in her pocket and probably records the whole thing and the phone battery dies. I imagine if you have you camera on for a long period of time it eats up the battery and they had been on the phone throughout the day also using battery life. The guy either doesn't know about the phone she has which is unlikely or tosses it away not knowing what's she has recorded.
as for calling 911 I don't think it fair to question that when no one has been in the situation these girls were.
I walk my daughter to school on nice sunny days and have to walk a very secluded woody area for no more than a minute. I put my keys in between my knuckle ready incase someone ever grabs me. But the the reality is I would probably be so scared I would drop them and if someone grabs me from behind with a knife what are keys going to do.
you can't explain how fear paralyses you and takes over. They must have been terrified.
I'm not sure that voice recording is any better than the picture in trying to ID the monster that did this. I hope I wrong and they catch him soon.

Was it said where the phone was found that LE retrieved the photo/audio from, iirc it was out before the girls were found. TIA

The grandfather told the media, "I know Abbie. Abbie put up one Hell of a fight." There was a lot of chatter asking what he meant by that and was he there at the time based on the phrasing. I do not believe that the grandfather was involved for a variety of reasons.

I threw this by a PI friend of mine and he said, "Ok he didn't say that because he was involved. He said that because he saw the coroner's report and she must have had injuries consistent with a violent struggle. She could also have his DNA under her fingernails if she scratched him."

I believe that this was probably the case. It's probably also the source of the DNA in this case. Obviously they have DNA of Unsub. That's as clear as air. The only reason they are going around gathering DNA from people is because they have Unsub DNA.

Wow! These threads are moving so fast! Last night for me, it was somewhere in thread 6, now it's 8.

In the POI pic, I believe i see Abby's shoes balancing on the beam near the POI (side on from him). (Either side of him seems to have had the blemish tool to it.) I am now thinking that Libby flicked her phone onto videoing after he said something off putting to them and starts walking away from (Abby) in those images that have been released. Just can't work out what has been removed with the blemish tool on his other side. I think he came back for them, sort of trying to create a false sense of security by walking away. I think this guys very used to children - alot of them, which is why he sounds in charge as he says "down the hill" but i don't think he works with them. My guess when i've stared at the image is that he is late 40's no older than 55. I think he may have been alone. I think he is local but a town in grief may not see one of their own at the moment which is why he remains unidentified as such, although i think that LE have a pretty good idea of who he is, they just now need it to be rock solid.

What a brave girl she is. I just hope that the breakthrough they need happens very quickly so that it doesn't drag on & cause these poor men, women and families long term grief studying/thinking about it, day in and day out.

What does this mean that the phone pinged all over town after the murders? That probably means that Unsub was walking around town with the phone, no? Yet police say that they tried to ping the phone, but it was dead. Two things.

The phone was either:

Dead

or

Pinging all over town

It can't be both. Right?

I mentioned this in the last post, but we were posting so fast at that time I think it was lost.
If their cell phones were pinging around town as stated in the news by her grandfather, then couldn't LE search store and street surveillance in that time frame for the suspect? Maybe get a clearer image of him to share with the public.

did-i-miss-smiley.gif

You guys are moving pretty fast with these posts! I had to skip 2 threads with at least 2500 plus posts.... :gaah:

Any thing "new" besides the video recording of this guy? I think he's saying "Get down the hill".

TIA for an update!

:pcguru:

I see 125 people here reading...

Tell me what you see....

The first image is an enlargement of a section of the photo showing Abby on the bridge

guy1.JPG

If you look at the base of the tree behind and to the right of her you see this.

guy.JPG

It is as large as I can get it.

I notified the tip line of this image as well

What does this mean that the phone pinged all over town after the murders? That probably means that Unsub was walking around town with the phone, no? Yet police say that they tried to ping the phone, but it was dead. Two things.

The phone was either:

Dead

or

Pinging all over town

It can't be both. Right?

What does unsub mean?. Sorry new here

W My guess when i've stared at the image is that he is late 40's no older than 55. I think he may have been alone. I think he is local but a town in grief may not see one of their own at the moment which is why he remains unidentified as such, although i think that LE have a pretty good idea of who he is, they just now need it to be rock solid.

Agree with age.
He may have had a partner, as bizarre as it sounds.
Not a local, can't be. Lives nearly but probably at least 50 miles away. But he goes there often. He has not been there since the murders.
I do not think LE have a clue who this guy is.

The audio bothered me so much all night. get down the hill. not keep going straight, not move it along, not head down there. I remembered when I had a few puppies, that is what I said All The Time. Get Down. It became part of my everyday vernacular, I said it so much. I hated what I sounded like. Then I went to dog training school and learned dogs don't listen to that command. I think you overuse that command on smaller dogs because you have to bend over all the time to get them off you when they are jumping up. Maybe he has been around dogs a lot.

I mentioned this in the last post, but we were posting so fast at that time I think it was lost.
If their cell phones were pinging around town as stated in the news by her grandfather, then couldn't LE search store and street surveillance in that time frame for the suspect? Maybe get a clearer image of him to share with the public.

As law enforcement has the cellphone, it stands to reason that it was recovered at the crime scene. The claim that it may have been pinging off different cellphone towers may be correct, in that a cellphone will not always connect to the nearest tower and often will switch between towers without moving. Given the shore time frame in which the incident unfolded, it is unlikely that the cellphone traveled around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader