IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually it was a designated "snow day" . School system's schedule those in the calendar.

It was President's Day and that's why the schools were closed. Sometimes businesses are closed as well....no mail that day, no banks that day.

No.

It was a planned day off from school due to them having built snow days into the calendar that were not used. Presidents' Day was not 2-13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was President's Day and that's why the schools were closed. Sometimes businesses are closed as well....no mail that day, no banks that day.

President's Day was a week after the murders. The girls were killed on Monday, Feb 13th.

No, school was closed because of an unused snow day. It was not a "regular" holiday where other businesses were closed.

Said "Down the Hill" as he was using a weapon pointing the way he wanted them to go. MOO

I stupidly dumped my cellphone in with the rest of the wash, only to realize 10-15 minutes into the wash cycle, what I had done. It would not turn on. Watched a YouTube vid on how to dry your phone out. It worked. This was an older model phone when I had it, and this was a few years ago. I'm thinking if they found it in the water, it could be restored to working order.

I see everyone discussing the missing phone and wanting to locate it. But we know they've already retrieved the video, audio and photos from it without having it so I'm unsure why everyone focuses on wanting the phone.

I did have the thought knowing the LE was under the bridge with metal detectors that perhaps in the video they saw the phone being dropped (purposely or accidentally by Libby to save what was on it or in hopes he'd go after it to give them a chance to run?) MOO

I wondered the same thing out loud after the press conference yesterday too ............why this tiny drip of information ?.............didn't make much sense to me either. See interview excerpts below:

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

See ? They have much more of both the video and audio..

Yeah, whatever you do, let's not dump plenty of information on the public so we can seal this deal. I guess the idea is that as long as they solve this crime eventually, that's just as important as doing it quickly.

The only problem with that theory............the perp is still walking around among us and is free to kill again anytime he feels like it...................

See ya' at next weeks presser !!
They will release as little info as they have to in order to catch him. As the case grows colder, they will release more.

Delurking. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I thought about this last night. Why didn't he take their cell phones away? Why didn't he make sure they weren't recording? This kind of makes me think he did not think this through beforehand. If he was following their social media, wouldn't he know they were tech savvy? This makes me think that he isn't very bright or that he hasn't done this before. Listening to the audio gave me chills - his voice was so cold and controlled. But really, he wasn't as in control as he thought because Liberty was recording him. He didn't know he was being recorded. I think the reason the police didn't say where the picture of the suspect came from right away is because they wanted him to think that there was someone else there to witness it. And/or that the suspect didn't realize that Liberty was recording him.

@Peppery

I'm not an attorney but in regards to number 3 - you kind of answered your own question there I think!
It really is because of copycat killers and other people who would LOVE to claim they committed these murders - as sick as that is.

In most murder cases you read about, you find that there are usually 1 or 2 people who 'turn themselves in' or you see it in serial killers that have already been captured when a new body is found.

For these people, killing someone is a thrill and a game and most importantly to them, an achievement. A sense of purpose. They live for the kill! It's crazy to your everyday person but we're talking about the weirdest of the weird here.

Also it's very unlikely anyone could guess exactly how they died with certainty and that's the key in a confession - being certain of your actions. Annnnd the problem with people who lie, is that they are terrible at back tracking. If a person comes in who truly killed Libby & Abby they would easily be able to say, look here's how it happened, here's the time frame, I killed them by XYZ. They would also be able to remember how the area looks, what the girls were wearing, conversations prior to the killing etc. There's a lot of evidence that all adds up to a guilty verdict / being able to identify a killer.

Basically, for these reasons, if they released all the info they have then it makes it a lot harder for them to find the killer. Even if we are really really curious, it's best for now that they keep it to themselves. I think we are all curious because we want to help but knowing the cause of death is not going to benefit us at all, I doubt anyone would be like 'Oh yes! My cousin would've/could've done that' after knowing exactly how these girls suffered. It would push people away from giving tips too, especially if it's a loved one they are accusing or suspecting as they may fear their jail sentence etc after hearing crime details

Wonder if they were playing Pokemon go. Maybe the guy was to and that gave him an in to the girls.

I see everyone discussing the missing phone and wanting to locate it. But we know they've already retrieved the video, audio and photos from it without having it so I'm unsure why everyone focuses on wanting the phone.

I did have the thought knowing the LE was under the bridge with metal detectors that perhaps in the video they saw the phone being dropped (purposely or accidentally by Libby to save what was on it or in hopes he'd go after it to give them a chance to run?) MOO

LE would like to have every bit of evidence they can evaluate. Maybe fingerprints or info that had not made it to the cloud.

It does sound like he says "get down the hill" but why would the police only say he says"down the hill".Surely if they thought he said "Get down the hill" they would have said so.
They clearly say you will hear 3 words. "DOWN THE HILL"

Because maybe to them get didn't seem all that important. If they added the get more clearly we would be trying to get the word before get. Jmo

I'm sorry, President's Day was NOT on Feb 13th. I'm so muddled and anxious I misspoke. And I'd forgotten that it was an unused "snow day."

Possible, but much more likely a single perpetrator. My guess is a stranger who was at the initial contact site for legitimate reasons and that this crime was one of opportunity. He either lived in the area or was engaging in some routine. Given the age of the victims, a weapon was used and the murder site would be within 200 yards of where the bodies were found.

BBM. ITA. Duo killers are out there, but they are rare.

Interesting reading on different types of Duo Couple killers, page 261. Actually, the entire book is interesting.

https://books.google.com/books?id=p...pg=PA261#v=onepage&q=duo killers rare&f=false

They will release as little info as they have to in order to catch him. As the case grows colder, they will release more.

Yes, but WHY?

I don't understand keeping info under wraps rather than putting out more than enough to identify him NOW. Before he kills again. We know this won't be his only murder if he remains at large. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the detective originally said "you're going to hear four, I mean three words." I too believe he says GET DOWN THE HILL.

I wondered the same thing out loud after the press conference yesterday too ............why this tiny drip of information ?.............didn't make much sense to me either. See interview excerpts below:

http://wlfi.com/2017/02/22/delphi-t...ore-her-death-police-hope-it-leads-to-arrest/

See ? They have much more of both the video and audio..

Yeah, whatever you do, let's not dump plenty of information on the public so we can seal this deal. I guess the idea is that as long as they solve this crime eventually, that's just as important as doing it quickly.

The only problem with that theory............the perp is still walking around among us and is free to kill again anytime he feels like it...................

See ya' at next weeks presser !!

I like your point about solving this crime eventually being just as important as doing it quickly....because I was thinking that time is of the essence. Voices change as people age....the photograph might me nothing a few years down the road, after the suspect has a weight loss/weight gain, gets more gray hair, and his voice changes.

I was thinking we need to figure this out NOW.

Delurking. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I thought about this last night. Why didn't he take their cell phones away? Why didn't he make sure they weren't recording? This kind of makes me think he did not think this through beforehand. If he was following their social media, wouldn't he know they were tech savvy? This makes me think that he isn't very bright or that he hasn't done this before. Listening to the audio gave me chills - his voice was so cold and controlled. But really, he wasn't as in control as he thought because Liberty was recording him. He didn't know he was being recorded. I think the reason the police didn't say where the picture of the suspect came from right away is because they wanted him to think that there was someone else there to witness it. And/or that the suspect didn't realize that Liberty was recording him.

I'm guessing that it didn't occur to him that one of the girls was secretly recording. He might have taken their phones later in the crime, but her recording was stored on the cloud so LE was able to retrieve it, or maybe they found the phone.

I'm thinking that he assumed that if Libby didn't actually have the phone in her hand, she wasn't using it. I think the phone was recording while in her pocket or backpack.

Total guesses on my part. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member