IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that it matters but as far as Go vs. Get, I hear "Guh" (Go) which fits w/ the regional accent and could explain why different people hear different things on that first word that has been cut off.

I think if it were a school employee someone would have recognized him from the audio or photo. I'm sure everyone is looking at everyone with these things in mind. MOO

Agreed. I honestly feel like school staff members were some of the first to be checked out, right next to family and sex offenders.

I think if it were a school employee someone would have recognized him from the audio or photo. I'm sure everyone is looking at everyone with these things in mind. MOO

Seem logically, although when you are looking for a suspect....

Does anyone know or remember if the FBI was involved with Lizzie and Lyric's case? Did they do a billboard campaign and such?

Yes the FBI were involved in searching for them they provided dogs and support. Billboards were used and there is still a $150,000 dollar reward. But their case has gone cold. Elizabeth and Lyric were found by hunters. I just hope Abigail and Liberty's case doesn't go cold too. I still think it's possible they are linked.

Delurking. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I thought about this last night. Why didn't he take their cell phones away? Why didn't he make sure they weren't recording? This kind of makes me think he did not think this through beforehand. If he was following their social media, wouldn't he know they were tech savvy? This makes me think that he isn't very bright or that he hasn't done this before. Listening to the audio gave me chills - his voice was so cold and controlled. But really, he wasn't as in control as he thought because Liberty was recording him. He didn't know he was being recorded. I think the reason the police didn't say where the picture of the suspect came from right away is because they wanted him to think that there was someone else there to witness it. And/or that the suspect didn't realize that Liberty was recording him.

Welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

I guess to me, and only my opinion, who cares if they have a few false confessions due to too much info? The chances of this guy walking up to police and saying I did it seems extremely slim. Much, much smaller and less dangerous than allowing him to remain free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if the guy is married or has family they already know who he is and are most likely afraid.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record and it may be annoying, but I would encourage anyone and everyone with social media to share this as much as you can, and share it with John Walsh. Seriously, Walsh does some amazing things with cases he's involved with. He has a MASSIVE social media presence, and if he shared this, I think it would help so much. I find it hard to believe this isn't on his radar yet, I'm sure it is, but hasn't shared it on Twitter or Facebook, to my knowledge.

No, but I think he sometimes goes to school board meetings, etc. <modsnip>

I guess to me, and only my opinion, who cares if they have a few false confessions due to too much info? The chances of this guy walking up to police and saying I did it seems extremely slim. Much, much smaller and less dangerous than allowing him to remain free.

Because if they cannot tell the difference they would put the wrong person in jail and the killer would still be free to kill other girls.

Yes the FBI were involved in searching for them they provided dogs and support. Billboards were used and there is still a $150,000 dollar reward. But their case has gone cold.

Just a WAG here, but I think Bridge Man could have killed those two girls. Railroad bridges, parks, streams or bodies of water, two girls at once...

I bought my 14 year old daughter an iphone 5s and a lifeproof case for it to protect my investment. I find this to be a very common practice among our friends and family. But i"m new to this thread and haven't read a bit of any of the last ones yet and have no idea what this conversation is about so forgive me if this makes no sense.

I also do this when I buy my kids phones. Lifeproof all the way . I am sure it has saved me 1000's of dollars.

I think it is possible by the time the suspect saw Liberty's phone the battery was already dead and he was not worried about it, thinking it was dead the whole time or he never saw the phone because she might have hid it before he looked for one, or he did take it but it had a passcode on it and the screen went black so he did not know it was recording , I am sure he had no idea his voice or picture was on that phone.

I have this feeling the days will pass by with no more arrest, and they'll have to hold another PC and release more audio or information.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case and they catch this guy ASAP, but my gut is making me think this.

To me "down the hill" seems to be taken out of context in a larger sequence of words. I am afraid LE simply cannot release more audio because it may be to gruesome.

Also my husband butt dials me all the time and I can hear voices and detect movements but cannot make any of his words out. This may also be the case. I REALLY hope this is not the case though.

Delurking. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I thought about this last night. Why didn't he take their cell phones away? Why didn't he make sure they weren't recording? This kind of makes me think he did not think this through beforehand. If he was following their social media, wouldn't he know they were tech savvy? This makes me think that he isn't very bright or that he hasn't done this before. Listening to the audio gave me chills - his voice was so cold and controlled. But really, he wasn't as in control as he thought because Liberty was recording him. He didn't know he was being recorded. I think the reason the police didn't say where the picture of the suspect came from right away is because they wanted him to think that there was someone else there to witness it. And/or that the suspect didn't realize that Liberty was recording him.

I thought about this too and said something similar in a post earlier:

In regards to the photos/videos found on Libby's phone - I think they had noticed this man following them and she was documenting it to show her family or friends later the creepy guy that had been on their trail, assuming these photos are taken before they realised the true danger they were in. (I think this was beforehand purely because of his posture.. looking down, hands in pockets, all shrugged inwards? Seems like he is trying to play it cool)

I believe the killer had no idea that he had been documented and probably had a set idea of what he was going to do, went in, did that and got out of there. His mind would've been pre-occupied I'd imagine. He probably forgot about social media/camera apps and would've only noticed if they'd tried to call someone or text. The audio is chilling and I've no doubts that there's a lot more of it but even if it is a video it may have been in her pocket - hence the muffled quality of the audio.

I really don't think the murderer found them via social media. Snapchat is a private app - only people you accept can see your shared photos and you choose who to share them with. I'd assume if they had a Facebook or Instagram that they would've had it set to private too. Also, most teens (from my experience anyway of having a lil' sister who is 14) don't tend to share where they're going or what they're doing until they're actually right in the middle of it. It just seems really unlikely and he knew the area too well. It doesn't rule out everything though!

Also in regards to iCloud: iCloud usually needs a wifi connection to work - it isn't always backing everything up constantly because that's just not how the technology works unfortunately. You also cannot just 'access iCloud' because again, not how the tech works. It isn't like dropbox or iPhoto or anything like that. It's a memory system and I think people don't really understand how it works. This also assumes she had an iPhone and that it was set up to sync to iCloud. We don't really know for sure. This leads me to believe that the LE found the phone on the body and were able to find these videos/photos etc after charging them.

Agreed. But defense attorney's would have a field day with trying to plant reasonable doubt.

JMO
Catching up and just want to add my observations on the latest news.

It sounded like he may have had an accent in the audio recording of his voice. I almost thought an England accent.

Not totally sure although it sounded to me like a british accent or something like that.

I think it is likely he pulled a gun and ordered them to walk off the bridge and had them keep walking to close to where they ended up being found.

I dont think there was a second person because if there was then I dont think he would have had his hands in his pockets. I think the video is showing the moment they were crossing paths and I believe the girls knew something was seriously odd with the way he came onto the bridge towards them and so one of them turned on the camera. I believe at this moment is when he grabbed a gun out of his pocket and ordered them to walk off the bridge to the spot he knew about.

I think he may have lived in this area years ago and is back temporarily and by now he may have left the area.

The other witnesses there that day talked of seeing at least one other man. One called him a man in black and another girl just referred to another man she saw.

I really think LE needs to interview all people who were there that day and try to narrow down who this other person was they all saw.

One witness claimed a person may still live in the area that he knew about. LE should go door to door and interview any homes in the immediate surrounding areas as this person may live in a small home in that same area.

If he doesnt live there nearby then I think he used to live there and was back staying for a short while. His crime probably made him leave by now unless he lives nearby.

Yes, but WHY?

I don't understand keeping info under wraps rather than putting out more than enough to identify him NOW. Before he kills again. We know this won't be his only murder if he remains at large. MOO

Because the more they hold back, the better they are able to nail down and prosecute the CORRECT PERSON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru