IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me "down the hill" seems to be taken out of context in a larger sequence of words. I am afraid LE simply cannot release more audio because it may be to gruesome.

Also my husband butt dials me all the time and I can hear voices and detect movements but cannot make any of his words out. This may also be the case. I REALLY hope this is not the case though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I feel like the audio they shared was pretty damn clear. I have a strong suspicion a lot of the audio they have is clear enough to tell what's being said, but it's too much to share with the general public... What a horrible horrible thought. I can't stop thinking about these girls. Normally I sleuth cases out of interest, this one makes me feel like I have a personal duty to help, even if its just by being on the internet all day. Sigh.

Because if they cannot tell the difference they would put the wrong person in jail and the killer would still be free to kill other girls.

I'm assuming they have DNA and it would be fairly quick to rule out a false confession. If you confess to a crime you didn't commit then you kind of deserve a few days in jail while police verify, imo. And it would be ok with me if that means they can locate the real killer sooner.

if the guy is married or has family they already know who he is and are most likely afraid.

I guess that is a possibility although I would be calling the police if I knew who it was no matter how they were related to me or how afraid I was . However it is always easy to say when you ar not in that situation. You never know what goes on behind doors and they may not be able to inform the police. I just feel that someone has to know this man.

Actually the detective originally said "you're going to hear four, I mean three words." I too believe he says GET DOWN THE HILL.

I think he got muddled up because you hear it 4 time. I'm not being argumentative BTW because I thought the same when he said it to but then I when it was played 4 timeso I just thought he might have got the numbers mixed up

Jmo i don't see the perp as being in the know with technology, their all lots of people that just don't know. I would suspect from the photo of him that he was not aware he was being photographed/video recorded, him head is down, he may not have realized it till after the fact. Jmo

Because the more they hold back, the better they are able to nail down and prosecute the CORRECT PERSON.

Also, if they release too much information, the perp can cover his tracks. If they announce are looking for someone with a shaved head he could grow his hair, to make a silly example. LE gives out information that might spark useful tips from the public, but not so much that the perp is more prepared to allude them.

if the guy is married or has family they already know who he is and are most likely afraid.

Possibly. A lot of famous cases though show that the family sometimes doesn't know. John Wayne Gacy and BTK come to mind. Also Ted Bundy. Bundy's girlfriend and one of his good friends (Anne Rule) had suspicions he was responsible but held back thinking they might be wrong. Although his girlfriend eventually gave his name to police and Anne Rule as well. But you get what I mean. Killers have a way of concealing what they do. Sometimes they live a very extreme double life and no one knows.

I hope there isn't someone out there second guessing themselves... but I get it.

No, but I think he sometimes goes to school board meetings, etc. Anyway, he doesn't live in Delhi, so the question of whether he works there is moot.

I think he did live there or does live there. If he does not live there I think he moved away very recently. He also might have been returning his own kids to the mother that day because of the no school that day , which could indicate he might work a night job ,if that is the case. We do not know enough about this crime to profile this guy.

Agreed. I feel like the audio they shared was pretty damn clear. I have a strong suspicion a lot of the audio they have is clear enough to tell what's being said, but it's too much to share with the general public... What a horrible horrible thought. I can't stop thinking about these girls. Normally I sleuth cases out of interest, this one makes me feel like I have a personal duty to help, even if its just by being on the internet all day. Sigh.

BBM. I agree. And it makes sense now why the Sheriff was acting the way he was in the first press conference. I think he was utterly shell-shocked. I want to go find that PC again and watch it again with what we know now. If anyone has a handy link, that would be great.

I thought the audio was awfully clear for her phone supposedly being in a pocket. I suppose it's been digitally cleaned up.

When I listen to the audio at regular speed (the version that has Get in it), I hear "Get down the hill", but at slower speeds, it sounds like, "Get down, kneel" .. must be getting distorted, I'm not using a good tool. Windows media player "playspeed" option.

BBM. I agree. And it makes sense now why the Sheriff was acting the way he was in the first press conference. I think he was utterly shell-shocked. I want to go find that PC again and watch it again with what we know now. If anyone has a handy link, that would be great.

Agreed. I can't imagine what those men have seen and heard. Someone has to do it, its a thankless job IMO.

I'm assuming they have DNA and it would be fairly quick to rule out a false confession. If you confess to a crime you didn't commit then you kind of deserve a few days in jail while police verify, imo. And it would be ok with me if that means they can locate the real killer sooner.

bbm

I was just about to ask about this. Thanks for giving me something quotable, Peppery. ;)

I've seen several replies here where posters talked about LE having DNA as if it was a fact. I've tried to keep up with these threads but they're moving so fast (I was on page 14 in #6 when y'all were on p24 in #7) I may have missed it. Please forgive me if I did.

Has LE stated as a fact that they have DNA from the crime scene (or otherwise)?

I did not detect an English accent. I am from the U.K but live in America now. I am not a linguistic expert though. Sorry just editing this as I tried to reply to a post with the quotation marks and it did not work. A poster said they detected a British accent.

Possibly. A lot of famous cases though show that the family sometimes doesn't know. John Wayne Gacy and BTK come to mind. Also Ted Bundy. Bundy's girlfriend and one of his good friends (Anne Rule) had suspicions he was responsible but held back thinking they might be wrong. Although his girlfriend eventually gave his name to police and Anne Rule as well. But you get what I mean. Killers have a way of concealing what they do. Sometimes they live a very extreme double life and no one knows.

I hope there isn't someone out there second guessing themselves... but I get it.

I also think it's possible someone is denying his/her suspicions about a family member. If it turns out their family member is responsible, that turns their own life into turmoil. That is a scary thing to face, and I think people go into denial and pretend they don't know what they know.

I think what will convince someone is to point out the perp could strike again. Calling in a tip could save someone's life, quite literally. THAT is motivation to call, imo, more than a reward.

jmopinion

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Justice101
Hey, these page after page steps are driving me batty. Is there any way in the settings to make all the posts show up on one page?

I have mine set for 100 posts per page. You can find it in settings.

Also from thread #7. Thanks so much. I went to: Settings, General Settings, Thread Display Options, Number of Posts to Show Per Page.

This format is much less annoying to me also.

bbm

I was just about to ask about this. Thanks for giving me something quotable, Peppery. ;)

I've seen several replies here where posters talked about LE having DNA as if it was a fact. I've tried to keep up with these threads but they're moving so fast (I was on page 14 in #6 when y'all were on p24 in #7) I may have missed it. Please forgive me if I did.

Has LE stated as a fact that they have DNA from the crime scene (or otherwise)?

I don't believe they have. However, in an early MSM article, they claimed they were asking people to donate DNA. To me and others, this implies they have DNA.

Finally caught up. I skipped dozens of pages though.
Here's hoping today is the day that someone comes forward and provides LE with the break they need to get this monster.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I also think it's possible someone is denying his/her suspicions about a family member. If it turns out their family member is responsible, that turns their own life into turmoil. That is a scary thing to face, and I think people go into denial and pretend they don't know what they know.

I think what will convince someone is to point out the perp could strike again. Calling in a tip could save someone's live, quite literally. THAT is motivation to call, imo, more than a reward.

jmopinion

I completely agree. I think theres two likely scenarios here. The family or friends have no idea and genuinely would never think the person they know is responsible. Or someone who knows him has a slight inkling but is convincing themselves they're thinking like a crazy person. I really doubt that he is some wayward drifter that doesn't interact with anyone enough to know him. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member