IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting. The registered sexual predator that I was referring to in an earlier post initially lived in Lafayette...

In reference to the video posted on Facebook of someone's security system footage, I submitted the tip. I don't believe we can discuss the video further, but just wanted to FYI.
If it's posted by LE or whatever then we can discuss it right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I love hiw active everyone on here is in speculating and whatnot but I really don't understand how you guys keep coming up with these "profiles". I get it's your "opinion" and all but isn't more like a guess or shot in the dark than anything? I just don't see how this is helping at all. I think speculation has to be based off of at least some form of facts... this stuff is literally coming from nowhere.

Moo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think it depends. Perps can often share the same characteristics. If you're familiar with similar cases, an MO/profile is easy to speculate. If you're educated in forensics or psychology, you can speculate more closely. There's a lot of information available in this case if you know what you're looking for. Possible some of the posters are educated in the field.

I don't agree with the "disabled or elderly relative or lives with parent" characteristics fwiw. JMO.

I see everyone discussing the missing phone and wanting to locate it. But we know they've already retrieved the video, audio and photos from it without having it so I'm unsure why everyone focuses on wanting the phone.

I did have the thought knowing the LE was under the bridge with metal detectors that perhaps in the video they saw the phone being dropped (purposely or accidentally by Libby to save what was on it or in hopes he'd go after it to give them a chance to run?) MOO
You would want to know if LE recovered Liberty's phone (or any other item the girls were known to have with them) because if they didn't then it would mean either the perp(s) took it with them or the girls were taken away from the bridge/park area to some other location prior to their bodies turning up where they were found and there is another crime scene elsewhere.

Hi Thank You for helping me.At first I thought the suspect was waiting for them and knew they would be there. I am getting convinced the suspect saw this snap chat photo and then came out.I have from the beginning thought Abigail was targeted.
=ambi;13171992]Hey Suz,

Snapchat is a private app - only people you accept can see your shared photos and you choose who to share them with. The picture of Abigail at 2pm would've been uploaded to Libby onto her 'Story' - a feature of snapchat that allows users to share elements of their day in a viewing platform as such. It can only be viewed by approved friends. (People Libby herself had approved on her own account) Snapchat also SHOWS you who has viewed your photos. You can see usernames. I'd assume if they had a Facebook or Instagram that they would've had it set to private too. Also, most teens (from my experience anyway of having a lil' sister who is 14) don't tend to share where they're going or what they're doing until they're actually right in the middle of it. It just seems unlikely that the killer stumbled across a photo or check-in that afternoon and made his way there. He knew the area far too well. I think the whole social media (or snapchat in particular) giving away where they were thing is almost certainly not how this creepo found these girls. It's likely he had planned to kill that day and they were the most vulnerable targets OR he had been following them around days prior to the murder.

[[Also, yes your snapchat story can be on public BUT someone would have to know your username to add you and you would still 100% know that they are viewing your photos on there. If he had been lurking via social media prior to the killings it was not on snapchat!]][/QUOTE]

Is someone able to download the video from one of the various links and email it in as a tip? Don't want it to get deleted and LE can't see it. I'm unable to at the moment.

I can't find any bathroom facilities on the maps. Do any exist? Are they, perhaps, sitting perched on top of a hill or slope?

It would provide a prime opportunity for the abduction of two people. The one outside is alone, the second one comes out to find their friend being threatened and is ordered to comply, then they are marched behind the facilities into the woods. Complete surprise. Just a thought.

I'm amazed at Libby's wherewithal to access her phone in the face of such immanent danger. She's a brave soul. I am perplexed by how she managed it, though. My phone is set to lock after a minute or two and i have to enter a password, then I have to swipe to get to my camera, then swipe again to set to video. I have no idea what type of phone she had, but I keep reading where people assume she" pressed a button to record" - does anyone have a phone that you could literally just look at and press a button for recording? I think this is important to dissect. In my opinion, the most likely way she could have utilized her phone would have been in a leading or lure type of setting. A situation in which things were starting off normal, but she grew suspicious without tipping off the perp, and manipulated her phone to record. Again, just a thought.

The phone issue was somethingoing that confused me because my phone locks after a minute too but I put my video recorder on earlier and put my phone on table while I did some stuff and when I went back it had recorded for 5 mins without locking. I think she was probably already recording when this guy appears and she puts the phone in her pocket either knowing it's recording or not realising.

I recall reading a book about serial predators a few years ago that noted they spend inordinate amounts of their spare time just cruising around, looking for places to either attack victims or dispose of their remains. It's a hobby, an obsession with many of them. They know far more about our communities and their unsafe places than we do.

Like most other predators, this guy had been to this area before, knew it would be a good spot to trap victims. He had probably planned out his approach before this.

ITA, IMO, it makes them harder to catch. It's been theorized that they tend to take jobs that involve driving for a living. I can't think of specific case names, at the moment. There was one that drove around every spare moment he had. Some of his victims were chosen because he saw the kids playing in the front yard. This case was in Idaho.

Quite possible. IMO he is staying updated on the case. Was the BM photo released before the vigil? I can't recall off the top of my head. MOO

Yes sometimes they like to insert themselves into the aftermath by helping to search or going to a vigil. They get their kicks from the fact they are responsible and nobody around has a clue yet.

The phone issue was somethingoing that confused me because my phone locks after a minute too but I put my video recorder on earlier and put my phone on table while I did some stuff and when I went back it had recorded for 5 mins without locking. I think she was probably already recording when this guy appears and she puts the phone in her pocket either knowing it's recording or not realising.

Yeah, phones don't lock when actively recording. I use(d) my phone a lot to record tutorial videos and if it locked every few minutes that would be super annoying LOL!

What makes you think these sleuths' MOO profiles are not based on some form of facts? I think that would be an error on your part. I mean some of these sleuths may have POI's in mind in this case you know. Just saying.
I don't see any facts put forth thus far that would imply the guy lives with his elderly mom and keeps her from the news.

I do have education in forensics and even the most seasoned of us wouldn't make a blind speculation like that.. just needed to point it out. I just hope most sleuthers don't take these random profiles too seriously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I see everyone discussing the missing phone and wanting to locate it. But we know they've already retrieved the video, audio and photos from it without having it so I'm unsure why everyone focuses on wanting the phone.

I did have the thought knowing the LE was under the bridge with metal detectors that perhaps in the video they saw the phone being dropped (purposely or accidentally by Libby to save what was on it or in hopes he'd go after it to give them a chance to run?) MOO

If the phones haven't been recovered, I'd bet there are fingerprints on it. So while the information stored in the phone is important, the phone itself might have what they need to catch the guy.

Is someone able to download the video from one of the various links and email it in as a tip? Don't want it to get deleted and LE can't see it. I'm unable to at the moment.

If you can point me to where it is I can download it.

The way he lifts his legs when walking looks similar. moo
I thought the same of his walking being similar and a few other things. I don't comment much but I sure wanted to on that video!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member