IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are pretty convincing though eh?
Frustrating! BG looks like everyone.

I have to believe LE knows who BG is. They have repeatedly stressed they are confident this will be solved.
They have every possible resource on the planet!
So what the bleep is it they are missing to make the arrest?
There's not plausible cause for an arrest on anyone?? No-one?? What tip do they keep asking for? It's like they are one sentence away in the press conferences from just telling us the info they need!
Who are they talking to when they say we need you, we can protect you? It can't all boil down to one person could it?

I wonder which is worse? For LE to come out and say we know who it is but cant prove it, or we don't know who it is?
If they know who it is but can't prove it they can just declare the person as a POI and ask for more tips on him can't they? They would have some basis for that suspicion of knowing who it is.
If they have no named POI anymore, then they have no clue AFAICS.
:cow:

If they know who it is but can't prove it they can just declare the person as a POI and ask for more tips on him can't they? They would have some basis for that suspicion of knowing who it is.

They don't always name them. In our local missing person's case, everyone has pretty much accepted the fact that the girl is dead. The family even had a memorial service. The perp has been an open secret since the beginning. LE, however, continues to play dumb in press releases and in interviews. On the record, they claim that they're still going through tips and still don't have any leads. Get any of them in a private conversation, though, and they'll admit that they know who did it. They're just waiting for someone to trip up and hand over some evidence or come clean. Right now, everything they have is circumstantial and not enough to arrest on. This has been going on for years. They have made public statements about how this person isn't a suspect, but it's basically because they don't want to scare them off. If they skip town or something, there may never be any justice. They'll trip up eventually, though. LE is waiting. It happens.

Finally found Otto's list of similarities between Iowa cousins and the Delphi girls.

• two girls aged 8 and 10, and two other girls aged 13 and 14, abducted five years apart
  • both occurred on the 13th day of the month: Friday July 13, 2012 and Monday, Feb 13, 2017
  • girls were at local parks, but in an area where they were separated from other visitors
  • girl's bodies were found 50 feet from a slow river
  • at least one of each set of girls was an avid online communicator
  • at least one of each set lived part time with a grandparent
  • body locations are fishing/hunting/outdoorsman spots
  • body locations suggest that the suspect has a familiarity with the area surrounding the park
  • two set of girls have similar body types
  • State Rd 218 exists very close to both murders, perhaps less than a mile from 4 lane highways
  • both tiny rural towns.
  • Small, inexperienced (in major crimes) police force
  • Crimes both occurred in daylight hours (afternoon)
  • "Bridges" exist at both locations.
  • Weichman Pig dealing operations exist in both areas
  • Transco Railway products/services exist at both locations or very close (Logansport).
  • "Rails to Trails" is an active org in both locations.
  • Trails are located at both Monon High Bridge in Delphi and Meyers Lake in Evansdale (Evansdale Nature Trail/Cedar Valley Nature Trail)
  • Geocaches hidden at Monon High Bridge, Meyers Lake and Seven Bridges
  • The dates are also mirror images ... 7.13.12 and 2.13.17

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-32&p=13240787#post13240787

They don't always name them. In our local missing person's case, everyone has pretty much accepted the fact that the girl is dead. The family even had a memorial service. The perp has been an open secret since the beginning. LE, however, continues to play dumb in press releases and in interviews. On the record, they claim that they're still going through tips and still don't have any leads. Get any of them in a private conversation, though, and they'll admit that they know who did it. They're just waiting for someone to trip up and hand over some evidence or come clean. Right now, everything they have is circumstantial and not enough to arrest on. This has been going on for years. They have made public statements about how this person isn't a suspect, but it's basically because they don't want to scare them off. If they skip town or something, there may never be any justice. They'll trip up eventually, though. LE is waiting. It happens.
I hope you're right and I'm wrong. Is the case you mention on WS ?
Stupid me - it's probably the one in your signature. Is that the burnt sofa one?

Yeah, they're wanting some firsthand experience. If the SM groups are any indication of the kinds of tips they've been receiving, they haven't been very helpful. (At one point someone turned in a guy who'd been dead for 3 years.) But every once in a while someone turns something up that's pretty valuable. Remember what happened here in the Casey Anthony case with the internet searches?

I can only imagine the amount of ridiculous tips they received that lead to nothing and possibly wasted LE time on following some of these tips. But then again, I don’t ever feel they will get the “I heard BG over talking” or “I saw this man throwing out ..insert whatever you want” ... truthfully. Maybe they have someone on their radar, I hope they do. If they are waiting for someone to come forward with that info, I don’t see it happening. Possibly a family member or friend close to BG will just get that sense that will lead them to go talk to LE and put a break in the case but I’m not holding onto that.

Another strange thing about the press conferance. Why wasn't Jerry Holeman,
the lead investigator since day one, allowed to say a word?
I wondered that too. A reporter could have specifically directed a question to him about how accurate they felt the sketch was because of the "don't look at the face" comment, as one example.

With regard to Otto’s list, geocaching is mentioned. I recall some discussion about the geocaching theory. Has it been debunked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With regard to Otto’s list, geocaching is mentioned. I recall some discussion about the geocaching theory. Has it been debunked?

I remember being told we weren’t allowed to post about this topic. I’ll flag this post to see if we can again.

The killer walked away without leaving any DNA behind. Thats why no arrest have been made. Imagine LE frustration. IMO of course.

In my opinion just because they haven't named anyone as a poi doesn't mean they don't have one. I believe they named DN because of all the attention he was getting. LE has kept this investigation so close to the vest that I doubt we'll ever hear of another poi until there's an arrest.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The killer walked away without leaving any DNA behind. Thats why no arrest have been made. Imagine LE frustration. IMO of course.
I think there may be touch DNA which is not enough for an arrest.

MtnLites- IS the local-to-you case that you spoke of the one in your signature? Curious bcuz I wanted to look it up.

BTW I never got anywhere with Dee's suggestion to look into things. IDK bout that. Just scary faces? Nothing more?

MtnLites- IS the local-to-you case that you spoke of the one in your signature? Curious bcuz I wanted to look it up.

BTW I never got anywhere with Dee's suggestion to look into things. IDK bout that. Just scary faces? Nothing more?

Yes, that's our big local case.

In my opinion just because they haven't named anyone as a poi doesn't mean they don't have one. I believe they named DN because of all the attention he was getting. LE has kept this investigation so close to the vest that I doubt we'll ever hear of another poi until there's an arrest.

Sorry, can't discuss him. Did you get the memo? It's been bumped loads.
I was answering heart's question.

Can you guys see any comments beneath Gray Hughes very recent Feb 16th Youtube video about Delphi? I can't and not sure why. Have only been able to read comments on like one or two Youtube vids among hu dreds (!!!) I have watched. Wonder if I have comments disabled somehow. ARE there comments with this recent video of his? IF so, I will try to figure out why I can't access them. Frustrating. I appreciate technology but it also drives me mad. I need a personal GEEK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member