IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what i thought......they never said if they have the actual phone. So, if it was pinging in different area, the killer might have had it trying to delete whatever he could. Finally it died or was turned off. all jmo
LE has stated they have the phone. It was found with the girls.

The phone pinging as been discussed. Phones in one stationary area can and do ping on different towers depending on traffic.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The phone was found with the girls.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...recovered-slain-delphi-teens-phone/566691001/

Also, in earlier threads several knowledgeable posters explained that the phone pinging different towers does not mean it was moving. (Hope I remember that correctly. Anyone?)

bbm

moo

ETA link

There is only 1 cell phone tower in Delphi (right across the RL property) , but it may have several sector antennas. If the cell phone was "pinging all over town", then it is possible, that LE was pinging (triangulating) the phone, which would ping in different directions due to the sectors. If that was the case, then LE would also know the phone was still in the area. Otherwise another tower in another town would have pinged back, and that would not be "allover the town" , but allover different towns, Delphi and at least one more. That's how I understand it. I am not an expert though, keep that in mind.

ALL IMO

-Nin

For lack of any more likely ideas (and not a lot of less likely ideas), I've decided for now that my thought on how he got away is fairly simple. He could have parked at the Baptist church on W200N. He could have taken what looks to be a trail from about 1500 ft. east of there to the south end of the bridge to get there, and then taken it back again when he was done. It doesn't appear to be well traveled since the official trail ends at the north end of the bridge, and it would probably have taken a while for anyone to check that area. I'm really lousy when it comes to anything connected to geography, but it looks to me like it would only be about a mile walk. He could have even dropped of a bag of clothes (at least a different jacket and hat) along the way in case someone did see him. Since the church isn't open on Mondays, there wouldn't be a lot of people t notice his vehicle there; if he was driving something that looked like a service truck, it probably wouldn't attract a lot of attention from passing cars either. MOO

I'd wondered about the strip of trees which leads to 200N. During my trip to Delphi I checked it out, figuring it's the old railroad right-of-way the bridge is part of. It is so overgrown that it's impassable, there's no trail there, just what looks like a gully/low area.

I guess is was... so strange about the reports of the phone pinging around town.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11801229

This is an older article, but clarifies the location of where the phone was found, and substantiates what you are saying, redtabby:

https://www.indystar.com/story/news...recovered-slain-delphi-teens-phone/566691001/

By the way, my theory about the located phone is, that either Libby threw the phone away (knowing it was recording), lost it, or BG confiscated it not knowing it was still recording and then lost it himself..,which would be an additional twist, especially if he possibly lost the phone on RL's property...that would have definitely triggered a search warrant..

All IMO

-Nin

By the way, my theory about the located phone is, that either Libby threw the phone away (knowing it was recording), lost it, or BG confiscated it not knowing it was still recording and then lost it himself..,which would be an additional twist, especially if he possibly lost the phone on RL's property...that would have definitely triggered a search warrant..

All IMO

-Nin

There is def some strangeness with the phone... hope it’s the clue needed.

There is only 1 cell phone tower in Delphi (right across the RL property) , but it may have several sector antennas. If the cell phone was "pinging all over town", then it is possible, that LE was pinging (triangulating) the phone, which would ping in different directions due to the sectors. If that was the case, then LE would also know the phone was still in the area. Otherwise another tower in another town would have pinged back, and that would not be "allover the town" , but allover different towns, Delphi and at least one more. That's how I understand it. I am not an expert though, keep that in mind.

ALL IMO

-Nin

In the early days, just a year ago, I had so many questions about the phone pinging. Many of the responses were it would take time to work out the location of the phone and its location with any cell tower... like months. Well, months have gone by. How was the pinging info recovered so fast?

In the early days, just a year ago, I had so many questions about the phone pinging. Many of the responses were it would take time to work out the location of the phone and its location with any cell tower... like months. Well, months have gone by. How was the pinging info recovered so fast?

Stingray..?

-Nin

I'd wondered about the strip of trees which leads to 200N. During my trip to Delphi I checked it out, figuring it's the old railroad right-of-way the bridge is part of. It is so overgrown that it's impassable, there's no trail there, just what looks like a gully/low area.

Oh well, back to the drawing board. Thanks for checking it out.

ETA:
I think part of the confusion with the phone pinging is the wording people use. People keep saying that we were told that the phone was pinging all over town, but it was said that it was pinging around town. I seem to be in a very small minority who understand that to mean that it was near town. If someone asked me where I was while I was driving, I'd be more likely to say, "On I94 around Monticello." than to say, "I'm on I94 at mile marker (whatever the mile marker is there.)" That wouldn't mean that I was all over Monticello, but just that I was close to it. I have no idea why I used Monticello, I'm nowhere near there and nobody I know lives there. :thinking:

Thank you — it helps to know it’s overgrown to that extent.
So if he left south he wasn’t hidden walking along the pulled up and abandoned Monon tracks.

So for a south exit he would be leaving by some vehicle or walking down the road toward the IP and transfer station.

East and north exits from the CS seem like they would be the same initial paths to get out of the creek banks. Either through the cemetery or further down east along the creek.
There is a sand pit with a pool along and across 300 on the north side of the creek - looks like it might be a good place to hide a motorcycle.-

IIRC there was a third teenager planning to go but didn't in the end . So there was some planning IMO. Were they also at the trail on the Friday snow day as well? If the whole area knew on Thursday that there were snow days on those two days - the Friday and the Monday- that's a lot of people who knew. Was it also in the local paper?

BBM

Was that ever verified as fact or was it rumor, like so much else we've heard?

BBM

It wasn't verified by fact in MSM but talked about extensively in SM by locals. It was slightly more than a rumor because a name was involved, but it still can't be verified.

All IMO

-Nin

Hi Nin,

I share your opinion about the phone.

So maybe it wasn't even Abby and Libby he was intending on meeting. Maybe another young lady talked of going there and did not show and they were a convenient target. I hope there is not a young lady who knows something and may be to afraid to speak out.

Did you take any photos of this old right of way when you were there? It would give us a good idea of its impassability so we can forget about it. However, in February I guess most vegetation would be gone. What month was your visit? I do think the 625N is the likelier route out via vehicle.
:cow:

I have read that LE can do emergency pings but don't know how that works. In the case of missing Sydney Loofe they used that to great effect in finding her last location and eventually her body. Maybe LE narrowed the phone pings down enough to target the search the next day around the cemetery area thus finding them that much quicker.
:cow:

BBM

I could have sworn there was an interview with a blonde girl that said she was suppose to have gone that day with Abby and Libby. I’ll see if I can find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C