Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, jessarox! It is quite troubling to me that we don't know these 3 things. And surely someone has a more current picture of Aleah. Maybe she looks quite different with her pixie cut.

thanks again, Jessarox! I somehow missed that earlier post. I was actually thinking it would look much more different.

I was just reading a thread on WS for a missing Aussie woman, and someone commented on the police stating in that case for some one with courage to come forward. I mention this because the poster said it seemed that LE was directing it towards someone, perhaps someone who knows the details but is too afraid to come forward.
LE has said the same thing about Aleah's case, so I wonder if that statement about courage would be something normally used, or just when it's directed towards someone. I believe it is significant, and directed at certain person(s).

I was just reading a thread on WS for a missing Aussie woman, and someone commented on the police stating in that case for some one with courage to come forward. I mention this because the poster said it seemed that LE was directing it towards someone, perhaps someone who knows the details but is too afraid to come forward.
LE has said the same thing about Aleah's case, so I wonder if that statement about courage would be something normally used, or just when it's directed towards someone. I believe it is significant, and directed at certain person(s).

I agree that it's significant. I'm sure it's directed towards family and close friends who may know what happened but are afraid of "snitching" because that can get you hurt or killed.

Indiana Disability Rights Network is a tremendously useful group. Its a part of a federally mandated network. Loads of true to Indiana information and links to more. I certainly hope they are aware of Aleahs situation by this point.
http://www.in.gov/idr/

I live in another state and our DRN is excellent.

Children under 18 years old may be able to collect supplemental social security.
Children under 18 are eligible based on their families resources.
In my experience it is not too much $$ per month. It totally depends on the families income. Children with disabilities often are eligible for Medicaid which is not dependent on the families income. Medicaid has genrously paid for some therapy and incontinence supplies for my son.
Social Security for those over 18 is a different ball game which I can look into. Could Aleah turning 19 have anything to do with timing of disappearance?
https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityssi/apply-child.html

The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act allows individuals with identified special education needs to receive free and appropriate public education until the age of 22 years old.
I am curious when she stopped attending school. There are bridge programs that continue through summer designed for special education students who may backslide without daily classroom time.

I'm not sure why Aleahs Mom has repeatedly needed to discontinue employment. I'm very confused by the whole situation.

I'm not sure why Aleahs Mom has repeatedly needed to discontinue employment. I'm very confused by the whole situation.

I don't know if this is the case with her but some people work until they've made enough for the earned income tax credit and then they quit. There are also people who will quit to avoid making too much for certain benefits like food stamps or even free school lunch.

With 3 children, a head of household will make the most of the EITC by making no more than approximately $15,000 in a year (according to this calculator, I just input numbers to determine a "max" tax credit). A head of household with 3 children who makes $15,000 in a year will receive a tax credit of approximately $6,000.

NOTE: I am not saying that this family does this, just saying that it does happen and this could be the case. It's relatively uncommon but still possible.

And for anyone wondering if Aleah's disability checks would be counted towards her mother's income on taxes, the answer is no.

EDIT: Another possible reason could be to avoid wage garnishment. That is a relatively common reason for people to job hop, particularly if they are lower income. This is something one of my family members did/does (haven't spoken to him in awhile). He would dodge medical bills until they sued and then when his wages were about to be garnished, he'd quit.

Does anybody have access to Evansville HS yearbooks? It looks like her HS would be North High School. I'm wondering what years she appears in the year book.

Does anybody have access to Evansville HS yearbooks? It looks like her HS would be North High School. I'm wondering what years she appears in the year book.

The public library has digital versions of yearbooks but only the high schools and only up until 2005 so that won't help. I don't believe they keep physical copies but the next time I'm there, I will check.

I'm not sure if Aleah went to North, it's possible she went to a different school, especially because she would have had to ride a special bus with a wheelchair lift. Those usually transfer to another school. Bosse or Harrison would be my guess.

The public library has digital versions of yearbooks but only the high schools and only up until 2005 so that won't help. I don't believe they keep physical copies but the next time I'm there, I will check.

I'm not sure if Aleah went to North, it's possible she went to a different school, especially because she would have had to ride a special bus with a wheelchair lift. Those usually transfer to another school. Bosse or Harrison would be my guess.

Thanks! I'm just curious about her life. I'm kind of surprised I haven't run across any comments/input from classmates or teachers. If she wasn't enrolled in public school she could have fallen through the cracks.

Evansville School District says it has specialized settings/classrooms for students with multiple disabilities. It doesn't list the location. It sounds like you know where to look.

Thanks! I'm just curious about her life. I'm kind of surprised I haven't run across any comments/input from classmates or teachers. If she wasn't enrolled in public school she could have fallen through the cracks.

Evansville School District says it has specialized settings/classrooms for students with multiple disabilities. It doesn't list the location. It sounds like you know where to look.

I did see a comment from at least one person claiming to have had Aleah in her "class" on some news FB page. She called her sweet and said she was a pleasure, Or something along those lines, but it did seem to be a few years back, IIRC.

I'm curious if the mother has taken a polygraph?

I don't believe she went to Harrison - based off where the family lived, she would have gone to Bosse, North, or Central.

I did see a comment from at least one person claiming to have had Aleah in her "class" on some news FB page. She called her sweet and said she was a pleasure, Or something along those lines, but it did seem to be a few years back, IIRC.

I don't believe she went to Harrison - based off where the family lived, she would have gone to Bosse, North, or Central.

Actually, the EVSC will bus a student to any school in the city if they meet certain requirements. When I was in elementary school, I lived downtown but was bused to West Terrace Elementary which is about 8 miles from where I lived. The children next door went to a school that was about a mile from our houses. Not sure why my parents requested that but that's what they did.

Also, I do believe I saw that comment (or perhaps a different one) this morning and I think it was from a Harrison student. My nephew went to Harrison, I will ask if Aleah went to school with him and whether he has yearbooks I can look at.

Thanks Jessarox watched them this morning and was just about to link them, not sure what to make of the mum "tired of speculations and rumours on facebook".
I wonder why the police put in for a warrant on mums phone August 1st thought they would have applied for that earlier especially with it being touted as an abduction.

Thanks Jessarox watched them this morning and was just about to link them, not sure what to make of the mum "tired of speculations and rumours on facebook".
I wonder why the police put in for a warrant on mums phone August 1st thought they would have applied for that earlier especially with it being touted as an abduction.

bbm -- boy, that sounds so familiar.

I can't imagine being in this position, though, so I'll keep other thoughts to myself.

moo

Maybe someone with some legal experience can chime in here. I've always understood warrants to only be required if the person or parties refused to give up access to their property willingly or if the person or parties were unable to be contacted and a search was needed immediately.

If this were my child missing, LE would have full access to my phone, pc, laptop, attic, closet, dresser and anything else they wanted to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234