GUILTY IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, Disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #2 **arrest**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish I could ask the admin of the FB page directly (but am afraid to): What happened to the Dr. Phil deal? In terms of increasing public awareness, I cannot think of anything better than anything else that has been offered to them. The admin has already acknowledged that the family has been offered a spot; this isn't some rumor that's floating around. And we need a straight answer.

I wish I could ask the admin of the FB page directly (but am afraid to): What happened to the Dr. Phil deal? In terms of increasing public awareness, I cannot think of anything better than anything else that has been offered to them. The admin has already acknowledged that the family has been offered a spot; this isn't some rumor that's floating around. And we need a straight answer.

I'm betting that Cara has been told by police to not leave town. JMO, of course, but I bet she can't leave and do Dr. Phil but the admins of the group won't admit that.

Can someone transcribe the presser please? I'm in a position I cannot view or listen to it currently. (I'm adulting today)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Can someone transcribe the presser please? I'm in a position I cannot view or listen to it currently. (I'm adulting today)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I missed most of it. The main thing I did catch was that the FBI is providing the resources and they have a specific location at the landfill that they are searching.

I missed most of it. The main thing I did catch was that the FBI is providing the resources and they have a specific location at the landfill that they are searching.

Apparently they got a tip. Is this the landfill that her house's garbage would go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LIVE: Evansville police are holding a press conference at the Blackfoot Landfill in Winslow

http://www.14news.com/category/2499...com-encoder-1?clienttype=generic&sf36980353=1

Thank you so much for posting this! This is what I have always been afraid of: That Aleah was left in a Dumpster way before she was even reported missing (thus before LE started looking in nearby Dumpsters, which I assume they did)! She is/was tiny, and thus would be difficult to spot once at the landfill. Plus, -this is so morbid, I hate that I'm even bringing it up- if dismembered, even easier to conceal :(.

The article says the federal search warrant is sealed, which, though I really don't have a basis for it, makes it sound as though the search is based on something credible. I also find it interesting that this is a FEDERAL warrant. I still don't think Roach is/was directly involved in Aleah's disappearance, but perhaps he has been able to obtain information as to her location on the authorities' behalf.

I just hope that: 1. This isn't another false alarm; 2. If/When Aleah is found, prosecutors will have enough evidence (they already have plenty of circumstantial, IMO, but forensic, too), so that they can determine exactly what happened, and the responsible party(ies) will be convincted of appropriate charges.

This is going to sound so snarky (and really, it is): I really would like to see the family members interviewed, now that this news has broken. Will their reaction be similar to what it was last week? I bet not. Again, I know this is really, really mean, so mods, please delete if inappropriate. Just couldn't help it. Very angry right now.

Apparently they got a tip. Is this the landfill that her house's garbage would go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so, it's about an hour north. Evansville has its own landfill (probably multiple, I'm not quite sure) so it doesn't seem likely but certainly possible.

Thank you so much for posting this! This is what I have always been afraid of: That Aleah was left in a Dumpster way before she was even reported missing (thus before LE started looking in nearby Dumpsters, which I assume they did)! She is/was tiny, and thus would be difficult to spot once at the landfill. Plus, -this is so morbid, I hate that I'm even bringing it up- if dismembered, even easier to conceal :(.

The article says the federal search warrant is sealed, which, though I really don't have a basis for it, makes it sound as though the search is based on something credible. I also find it interesting that this is a FEDERAL warrant. I still don't think Roach is/was directly involved in Aleah's disappearance, but perhaps he has been able to obtain information as to her location on the authorities' behalf.

I just hope that: 1. This isn't another false alarm; 2. If/When Aleah is found, prosecutors will have enough evidence (they already have plenty of circumstantial, IMO, but forensic, too), so that they can determine exactly what happened, and the responsible party(ies) will be convincted of appropriate charges.

It was stated that the federal warrant was because of possible jurisdiction issues. Looks like they went to the highest possible office so if evidence is found, there's no way it can be tossed out later in a court case because of a technicality.

This is not the way I hoped this would lead. I was hoping that it was a 'Shannon Matthews' situation and Aleah was hidden away in an associate's house whilst the family tried to financially milk the 'disappearance' for all it was worth. At least that way, it would mean that Aleah was still alive.

Credible lead... landfill... sealed (federal) search warrant. :( I suppose we'll be getting some heartbreaking news later today. This precious young woman deserved so much more.

blackfoot landfill.jpg
laubscher landfill.jpg

Evansville has Laubscher Landfill and the one they're searching is Blackfoot Landfill (in Winslow, IN which is about 45-50 minutes away from Evansville). They're similar in size so I don't think that Evansville trash would be sent that far away but perhaps anything outside the city limits might make it up there. I wonder if there is any family in Pike County?

oh no. I didn't think I had a shred of hope...but then I guess I did the way my heart fell upon reading about the landfill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back