IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG. She was found dead, in northern Allen county. Found tonight at 9pm.

Edit: Heaven has a new angel. Hell has a reservation...

Rest In Peace, Aliahna Maroney Lemmon. :(

oh no...please don't tell me they are allowing 12 yr olds to search...no no no...
please don't tell me they are searching with flashlights, in an unorganized manner...

WHERE IS Texas Equsearch or another certified search organization?? Is there no local SAR group?

Heartbreaking.

I feel numb. This beautiful little girl seems to have lived a very hard 9 years.

Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit. The world has too many sick people in it. Too many people willing to snuff out any light that they see. I hope he dies in prison and I hope the mother NEVER recovers from the guilt. I hope it destroys her.

I wish the best for her sisters and I hope that they are provided a safe place to try to have the rest of their childhood.

I can't do this anymore. Of course I say that after every case. It's too much. My apologies to LE, and I do take back my earlier statements, even though I question if she was found in the trailer, why she was not found the very day she was reported.

A couple things:

1. The link posted above about Tarah asking for the dangerous service dog was in IOWA in 2010. It appears that Ali's bio dad also lives in Iowa. I wonder what brought her to INDIANA in the last year?? The grandpa's illness? Could the PTSD be attributed to a move to a new state?

2. Her scent trail led to the highway/bus stop. Could this be an old scent? Surely she had walked to the bus stop several times before.

3. I'm beginning to think that Ali's partial blind/deaf, emotional issues might have something to do with alchohol, marijuana, meth, crack, abuse...catch my drift?

4. In one article the mom states she has never run off before...but the consensus is everyone in the family thinks she wandered away?! WHAT??? That reasoning makes no sense what so ever.

If Aliahna and her family were residing in Iowa until 2010 that certainly does not give them much time to get to know grandpa's friend well enough to call him a life long trusted family friend.

Hmmm....

jmo

I had SO hoped for a good outcome in this case. It breaks my heart. :anguish:

:heartbeat: RIP precious Aliahna. :(

I only read about this story today, but I thought MP's "account/story" was a little suspect...jmo.

Another precious one gone to the angels.

Didn't LE search the trailer initially???? Oh man!

Sad to say probably no. If they don't have probable cause and the owner won't allow it (still don't know who owns the trailer) they can't do it. That law needs to change!! It makes me so mad!! IMO LE needs to immediately seal off any home a child or adult is reported to go missing from, look at the statistics of how many are killed in the home then disposed of elsewhere!! What is the harm, if nothing is found let it go, a goldmine of evidence can be lost!!

There is something way, way off about this child's situation....the 40 year old male caregiver, and the Mom not being available to care for her children. It's just weird.

What was going on in that trailer? And what kind of people make such casual child care arrangements?

So many children are disappearing because of all the broken familes, and all the loose, dysfunctional relationships with people who come in contact with the children....single parents,boyfriends,girlfriends, live-ins, step parents, one night stands, parents missing from their children's daily lives. People who are coming and going from the homes in the middle of the night, parties and drug use, and the children falling asleep on the floor or the couch, or in one bed and then another. Parents not checking on the children for hours....
There seems to be a lot of instability and upheaval in these families which leads to all of these vulnerable children being exposed to dangerous situations.

Most of the cases we follow on WS have these things in common, and it is so troubling.

omg - , how horrible

I am not for a second attempting to defend this guy as a good pseudo-parenting choice OR mom for leaving the kids with him.

One of us has our timeline wrong. She did not disappear while he was at the store, she walked out the door sometimes later, while he was asleep. His trip to the store was irrelevant other than as evidence that he might not have been a great choice as temporary guardian (if you needed more evidence of this).

Perfectly stated.

I would be content to hear ANYONE other than this Mike fellow say, "I talked to the girls and they said...etc"

SPECULATION:

The trip to the gas station for the cigar is relevent to me in that I'm considering the possibility he left the children alone much earlier than the times given. I'm considering he left at 2-2:30am and returned at 6am stopping at the gas station to give his story some credibility.

We have no independent confirmation/verification he was actually at home when he said he was.

jmo

Was the body found in the trailer, I didn't catch where it was located but read of FB the home has been taped off and is a crime scene as it should be.

Oh my gah! How did they not search initially? Her little sisters were there I pray they didn't witness any of this.

EDITED: My post was irrelevant after these facts!!

My heart is so broken right now. I'm sickened by this outcome. Someone posted above about being buried alive in a trash bag? I hope that isn't true!!

RIP Aliahna ~ you are with all the other sweet angels now baby girl!

RIP Aliahna.

This case affected me so much cuz I'm currently in Indiana and because I'm also deaf like Ali.

My heart is breaking. Why does this keep happening? Parents parent your children. I hope someone gets the siblings the therapy they need and the love they need. I'm concerned they may have witnessed something.

Dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit. The world has too many sick people in it. Too many people willing to snuff out any light that they see. I hope he dies in prison and I hope the mother NEVER recovers from the guilt. I hope it destroys her.

I wish the best for her sisters and I hope that they are provided a safe place to try to have the rest of their childhood.

I can't do this anymore. Of course I say that after every case. It's too much. My apologies to LE, and I do take back my earlier statements, even though I question if she was found in the trailer, why she was not found the very day she was reported.

I feel the very same way. I question my choice of majors, I wonder why I put myself through this time and time again!! I wonder why parents and grandparents feel the need to protect the monsters, and not the innocent children ...it is so heartbreaking!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back