IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is strange that LE talks about the perp but does not give any crime info such as...was the house actually burglarized a few doors down? At the presser they mention the "perp" walking from that house to the Pastors, obviously empty-handed, so was anything taken from the first house? If no, why are they saying an attempted burglary? Just because they saw this guy walking from that house to Pastor's? Were there pry marks on doors, etc? Perhaps perp was just hiding or concealing himself at house 2 doors down until he saw pastor leave? LE has not released where body was found, husbands 911 call, any evidence found, or any info from the house 2 doors down. They are keeping ALOT to themselves.

Yes stuff was taken.

They didn't elaborate on how he got it out.

And that's why he kept emphasizing someone knows something since there were all the things taken.

He also stated things were seen having been put in the dark SUV the suspect was in.

Police believe that a burglar or burglars entered the other house around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday and took televisions and laptop computers, which they believe were put into a dark colored SUV.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/indiana...s-wife-amanda-blackburn-seen-on-surveillance/

I wonder. WHY NOT release what those are? Right now, there may be a pawn shop worker buying the items. Right now, there might be a girlfriend who sees the item in her boyfriend's SUV. Crowdsourcing police work is so effective. Unless they know who this guy is - and it appears they certainly do not - the more information, the better.

Did you watch the presser?

I felt like they were by and large VERY fired up, VERY angry, VERY passionate about getting this person caught and brought to justice.

I think there is something very intentional about how they're handling it and a reason they're not doing anything along those lines, and also not showing the images or video yet.

IMO if they thought releasing some of this now would get him caught, I am convinced they'd have released it.

I firmly believe they have some tactical reason for not doing so at this point, as these were some ticked off LE who have called it a "heinous crime."

Did they get a license plate number? A better description of the dark SUV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These items were taken from the first break in, no?

We don't know what was taken but they did say things were (from the Blackburn home as well)

This also indicates the same:

Jill Disis @jdisis

"How can you take something from a dead person and want to sell it?" Hite asks.

8:03 AM - 13 Nov 2015

[video=twitter;665198360622669824]https://twitter.com/jdisis/status/665198360622669824[/video]

Did you watch the presser?

I felt like they were by and large VERY fired up, VERY angry, VERY passionate about getting this person caught and brought to justice.

I think there is something very intentional about how they're handling it and a reason they're not doing anything along those lines, and also not showing the images or video yet.

IMO if they thought releasing some of this now would get him caught, I am convinced they'd have released it.

I firmly believe they have some tactical reason for not doing so at this point, as these were some ticked off LE who have called it a "heinous crime."

I watched the first couple minutes and then had to run out, so no.

I know LE often waits to release info, believing they need to withhold evidence and catch a perp through traditional police work and not asking the public for help, but there are sure a lot of eyes and ears out there who are VERY willing to help, if they just are told what to look for. America's Most Wanted is evidence of that. You get the word out to folks sitting on their couches, and you'll be very likely to get information back quickly. Sadly, Americas Most Wanted cases are usually aired after LE has exhausted every effort they have in their arsenal - so, often years or months after the crime. And all the while, there was someone sitting right there who could give them the answers.

I did read the part about frustration with neighborhoods that won't report, well, if they don't have any clue what and who to report, who can blame them?

Just read where there is video of the person standing on the front porch. God that's so creepy.

A picture here of the house

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-one-year-old-son-home-intruder.html#comments

More like a stoop. Can anyone see a storm door ? This picture may be old. Notice how the house is set back between the other two ? No one on either side can see her house from their house.

Thinking out loud. If the Pastor left the door unlocked, he will blame himself forever. If she opened the door, it's a reminder to us all, bad intent visits. NEVER open your door to anyone.

Criminals count on women being nice. Derrick Todd Lee did. Don't let your last words or thoughts be I shouldn't have opened the door.

This particular crime gives me chills.

Has it been stated how many times she was shot? It was reported that a neighbor heard "shots". I'm surprised this didn't alarm the dog, or alarm neighbors enough to alert authorities.

It may have.

But it's unlikely it'd have changed anything else if LE was out there since they also said the SUV was speeding away after (and caught on video in several places) so they'd have been gone.

And since she wasn't shot outside the house, it's unlikely they'd have been knocking on every door prior to 7 am to see if they had heard anything (so wouldn't know if anyone was home at the Blackburn home, let alone involved)

:(

Or someone that lives in or close to the neighborhood.jmo

Could be!

The thing that makes me not think that's as likely is that it seems like everyone knew from the get go there were cameras. practically. everywhere.

Since that apparently was like an 'open secret' it seems like somewhere that'd be risky to target, even if you're close by, and that one might opt for somewhere less apt to have as many cameras.

But who knows! You may be right on that!

Could be!

The thing that makes me not think that's as likely is that it seems like everyone knew from the get go there were cameras. practically. everywhere.

Since that apparently was like an 'open secret' it seems like somewhere that'd be risky to target, even if you're close by, and that one might opt for somewhere less apt to have as many cameras.

But who knows! You may be right on that!

True. Never thought about that.

The perp probably watches for people to leave for work. There is probably a second perp in the dark SUV watching in case someone shows up .jmo

Right, and probably when the guy gets done, he calls the suv guy to swing by and pick up the goods

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-one-year-old-son-home-intruder.html#comments

defending son so was she murdered in baby's room since he was still in his crib???
as for the house, look how close the houses are, I can even see the one in the back..........housing plan?
looks like an area of no hunting around this neighborhood...............
in photos we cannot see her wedding rings..........wondering if someone knew she had beautiful diamonds, JMOO
could this be someone in the neighborhood that she could ID so they felt hey had to kill her??? church member?

If the ppl from the first house were out of town this guy knew no one was home.
Why risk going to another house?

depending on how close perp was to her when he shot her, would perp have blood on him? esp if he took jewelry off of her...........speculation

Did they get a license plate number? A better description of the dark SUV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd be shocked if they don't have both considering how many places (multiple homes on multiple streets) that they have gotten video from already.

I have to imagine AT LEAST a true description of the SUV even if not a full plate, but I bet they've got at least a good bit of that as well.

Since they also know some specifics of what was in the SUV it seems like that may have actually even been someone out on foot (unless they saw it loaded and just didn't include that part) in which case I'd imagine they would have gotten a plate if they saw all that in a car.

I don't recall any other case (particularly residential) that LE has mentioned such apparently extensive and useful video, and has it so quickly, to boot.

I'd guess the gun was a small caliber gun as it didn't kill her immediately?

Thinking of a gun like jodi arias used on Travis.

Is it possible they know who the van belongs to but cant find this person at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x