IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't towns have a report blog of things that happened that night. Like the time and crime reported.

Maybe a stolen car report will show up on the time line. Idk

Don't towns have a report blog of things that happened that night. Like the time and crime reported.

Good idea! Someone posted an incident map earlier in the thread.

I think it's obvious there were at least two individuals involved.

The first burglary commenced at about 5:30, then:

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

(Vehicle leaves the area with the stolen items. It is not seen returning to the neighborhood. )

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

(At some point between 6:11and 6:45, the suspect is in the neighborhood, and approaches the Blackburn home.)

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

(After 6:45, suspect is seen "traveling", no vehicle mentioned. I think it means walking. So who drove away in the vehicle?)

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

(This time -- after the murder -- he's definitely walking. He's not driving the dark SUV because it's been driven away by a second individual right after the first burglary. It did not return since there was no loot to haul off. The killer likely alerted the driver of the shooting, and had the driver pick him up outside of the immediate area, rather than driving in again and attacting attention. JMO)

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12189460
-----------
Bottom line, you have a vehicle which drives out of the neighborhood and doesn't return. Yet afterward, a suspect is still walking around the neighborhood.

one driver + one walker = two perps.

JMO

As for visibility, burglars have emptied roomsful of furniture from homes and no one paid attention.

If he came back on foot. Then he had a solo agenda. Which could mean rape. But the police would have mentioned that. So maybe he wanted a personal score to keep the money for himself.

I didn't know he came back on foot. He was obviously on a mission but got there too early and had to come back. But the driver may had decided not to be apart of that. Idk

I lived in this area many years ago, and still go back to visit. You are correct, it is a "fringe area".

And, IMHO, the law enforcement officers are working overtime on this one. They probably have someone build a profile of the killer. They may have a suspect in mind, but are still doing all they can to eliminate/connect accomplices, and build a tight case. They are probably looking at alot of data, including phone records of who the suspect spoke with, and maybe even who those people spoke with. They are probably looking at the GPS records of the suspect's phone(s). Possibly looking to see if that person had any contact with Amanda. She restored furniture. Maybe it was someone who came to look at her furniture, someone who crossed paths with her. They are probably trying to connect motive to the crime. And, they are probably connecting the data with the evidence they have collected at the crime scene.

Police: Former Upstate pastor 100% cleared in slaying of pregnant wife

Amanda Blackburn shot in head, coroner investigating as homicide

UPDATED 3:51 AM EST Nov 14, 2015

The article linked above says that Davey is the "former" upstate Pastor. Is that true?

Just wondering

The article linked above says that Davey is the "former" upstate Pastor. Is that true?

Just wondering
Was the article from South Carolina? He was a pastor I think in Anderson, SC before moving to Indianapolis. .

All those comments do is breed rumors which potentially harm innocent human beings, destroy lives, and interfere with investigations. That is why WS rules state, "Just don't mention them."

If he came back on foot. Then he had a solo agenda. Which could mean rape. But the police would have mentioned that. So maybe he wanted a personal score to keep the money for himself.

I didn't know he came back on foot. He was obviously on a mission but got there too early and had to come back. But the driver may had decided not to be apart of that. Idk
I don't think he ever left. After the first burglary, the SUV was seen driving out of the neighborhood, but he was seen walking away from the home.

His "mission" was to rob homeowners of their property. Had the Blackburn robbery gone right, the vehicle would have returned to pick up the loot.

That's a great thought Mr. Dexter.

Some small towns I've lived in have a "police blotter" report in the daily paper. Most are mundane stuff. I live in a large city now but our neighborhood paper has a weekly report.

BBM

Is it possible that the video happens to actually show the shooting? That would explain why LE is so definite and why they haven't released the video. JMO
Inside video was of house two houses down not the victim's home. Video supposedly exists showing the suspect walking about and supposedly on the porch, although LE hasn't shared any photos of the suspect.

From reading the article there was just one house robbed? But three tvs, one a 50" and a laptop taken. That would necessitate at least two to three trips to load it into the vehicle or two people involved. Add to that, in the daylight in a close neighborhood. Is there any info out there that I maybe haven't found yet that states all these items came from the same house?
So you think LE lied during the presser. The crime map someone posted for us the other day showed only the two incidents. Furthermore, the items mentioned would fit easily into an SUV.

<modsnip>

I have always read that the police will keep their best evidence close to their vest. I am beginning to believe they are gathering quite a bit of evidence. We might not have heard much from LE lately but that doesn't ever mean they aren't making progress in this case.

I have been thinking about why LE hasn't put his image out yet and I think they have a strategy. He has to know by now they said they are going to release his image. They smartly didn't give a timeline as to when though. So this has to be stressful for him with the waiting and waiting and wondering when the image is shown if it will be a clear image of him. That would grate on his nerves but until his photo is out there he may have a false sense of security at the moment that he is safe and hasn't left the city but is holed up somewhere maybe with friends or relatives. Now I think LE purposefully said they didn't know his name. It lets him relax a little thinking they may never found out his name either.

I think they do know who he is by name by now and that is why they aren't in a rush to put the photo out in the media. As long as they don't he will think they still don't know who he is by name, and meanwhile, imo, several investigators are looking for him in areas he may have been known to hangout and interviewing those who may know him and know where he may be. IMO

As long as he is not publicly outed he will think they aren't finding out his name so he will sit tight and not try to flee the city.

For some reason I have felt the killer may have gang ties in Indy. Don't they have a big problem with violent crimes there and gang problems.

I know they have located the owner of the stolen suv by now. That may have given them a starting point thinking he could possibly live close to where he stole the vehicle.

I don't think they are in a rush because they already know who he is.

IMO

Investigators say it could be the same burglar who broke into the Blackburns' neighbor's house two doors down the same morning. Detectives are checking nearby pawn shops for a stolen laptop and three televisions, including a 50-inch flat screen.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30530397/one-week-later-search-for-pregnant-mothers-killer-continues

BBM..............now 50in flatscreen............that's pretty big along with other stuff for an SUV? How heavy would that be? ackward? have never loaded anything. I'm only 60" tall 5 ft........

Just wondering

"Her husband, Davey Blackburn, was a youth pastor at NewSpring in Greenville for four years before moving to Indianapolis to start Resonate Church in January 2012.

He is a graduate of Southern Wesleyan University in Central, South Carolina where he played baseball."

I don't think he ever left. After the first burglary, the SUV was seen driving out of the neighborhood, but he was seen walking away from the home.

His "mission" was to rob homeowners of their property. Had the Blackburn robbery gone right, the vehicle would have returned to pick up the loot.

But we still don't know if anything was stolen, right? If it was, and there was no more dark SUV, it would have to be small loot. Able to be pocketed.

BBM..............now 50in flatscreen............that's pretty big along with other stuff for an SUV? How heavy would that be? ackward? have never loaded anything. I'm only 60" tall 5 ft........

A 50" flatscreen will fit in the back of a midsize SUV with the backseat lying down flat. I can't imagine them getting 3 other TV's (and more) in there with it though.

But we still don't know if anything was stolen, right? If it was, and there was no more dark SUV, it would have to be small loot. Able to be pocketed.
Exactly!

We lived in a neighborhood that was burglarized about 8 years ago. It ended up being a team of two. One man was on foot. He snuck up to the houses/sheds and took the items. Chain saws, tools, equipment. As he left the house, he put the stolen items in the ditch or culvert and moved on to the next house. His partner drove around later in a vehicle and retrieved the items. This way, they could hit multiple houses without getting weighted down.

Kinda like Trick or Treating for criminals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member