IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived there for many years. Standard dress in fall, winter, spring is jeans, shirt, sweatshirt and tennis shoes. If it's really cold, add a coat, gloves, hat. We go back to visit and have commented about this.

Fox News, JakeMiller@JakeMillerNews: The suspects have contacted lawyers from Brown, Tompkins, Lori and Mastrian.

Wouldn't most burglars know that the charges go up drastically if a weapon is used in the crime? Obviously some use them anyway but I'd guess most don't and just run off as quickly as possible. Even if they run into a single woman, I'd think most would run rather than shoot.

Local Indpls news, Channel 6, is doing a story at noon with the breaking news.

If they are lawyering up, chances are good LE is about to charge them. Obviously they are either refusing to answer questions, or they are seeking counsel prior to doing so. LE is probably also asking them for DNA samples, which they may be refusing to submit to.

Something big is about to happen.

I believe that if a murder happens during the commission of another felony, everyone involved can be charged. I wouldn't be surprised if we see all 4 charged with murder since they were all committing a felony (breaking and entering, burgulary) when Amanda was killed. I could even see the getaway driver or lookout also charged with murder.

Wouldn't most burglars know that the charges go up drastically if a weapon is used in the crime? Obviously some use them anyway but I'd guess most don't and just run off as quickly as possible. Even if they run into a single woman, I'd think most would run rather than shoot.

Your typical teenage criminal probably would not know that. Or care.

ETA: Sorry, didn't know my word was not allowed. I edited it to use the word criminal.

November 11

There are three photos released from inside the house of the home invasion by three unsubs inside the Searsbrook house.

http://fox59.com/2015/11/11/surveillance-photos-show-burglars-breaking-into-northeast-side-home-2/

"... 5700 block of San Clemente Drive around 5:30 Tuesday morning while the residents slept.

"The suspects stole the victim’s [silver Chrysler Sebring] car, credit cards, computer, and cell phone...." "... took headphones, computers and other electronics.”

"the thieves entered ....the patio door and then opened the front door for others to enter."

I do believe that the guy who is seen in CCTV walking down the sidewalk past the Blackburn's has his hoodie off uncovering his head while inside the Searsbrook's home invasion on Nov11. He is shown in a pic holding the homeowner's handbag during the 5:30am home invasion.

Those photos are chilling.

I agree with Dexter one of them might be a female and one looks like the male from the first images.

I believe that if a murder happens during the commission of another felony, everyone involved can be charged. I wouldn't be surprised if we see all 4 charged with murder since they were all committing a felony (breaking and entering, burgulary) when Amanda was killed. I could even see the getaway driver or lookout also charged with murder.

Let's say the get away driver decided to leave after the first one and did not participate nor helped be a look out for the second one. Then the driver could only be charged with the first one. If he didn't partake in the other nor was a look out at the time.

Because you can't be charged with felony murder if a person decided on their own to go back to another house solo and do whatever. Now if you pick him up later after receiving a phone call but you wasn't actually waiting for him. Then they may get you on helping after the fact if it is proven that you know he committed murder and you are coming to his aid to get him away from a general location. Jmo

:stop::stop:

Bessie has warned you "Several" times DB is "Offlimits"! That includes his looks, his videos, who you think he looks like, his mannerisms, who he's going out of town with and anything else that's against TOS. We are not going there!

If you're thinking it and know you can't post it, then don't mention it, period!

Enough is enough! If it continues, some of you may find yourself on the outside looking in.

Please Thank this post.

Somebody robbed a neighbor's house. How far would they have carried the items? If there was a TV, I wouldn't think they'd have parked too far away. The security video suspect is over 500 feet from the Blackburn house and his vehicle isn't in sight. Would he carry items the length of two football fields? I have doubts the security camera suspect is also the neighborhood burglar. We'd have to accept that he parked way up the road, walked down and robbed a house. Carried stuff back to his car and then walked back down the street again to the Blackburn's. Then back to his car, yet again. If he was parked at the end of Sunnyfield (far end from Blackburn's), that's about 800 feet away. So, we're looking at 1400' round-trip to rob the neighbor's and another 1600 feet for the Blackburn's. So, 3000 feet. Nearly six-tenths of a mile. It seems like an awful lot of walking for a thief.

When the stolen vehicle was found, did it have the stolen items in it? If not, how far did they carry them when abandoning the car? Unless they had another car, I wouldn't think very far.

At this point, I'm leaning toward the burglary being unrelated to the security camera suspect.

Yes, that's true. It's called the Felony Murder Rule, which is usually considered first-degree murder. Nearly every state follows this rule. Basically, for the felony murder rule to apply to co-defendants, the underlying offense (presumably burglary in this case) must present a foreseeable danger to life, and the link between the offense and the death must not be too remote. So, for example, one person bringing a gun to a burglary or robbery and subsequently killing someone makes all others involved, whether they were present or merely driving the getaway car, liable for murder charges. However, DexterMorgan is correct in that if you pick someone up after the commission of the offense and were not a conspirator in committing it beforehand, then you are not liable for the murder charges. :twocents:

So, how do four suspects figure into things? If one is the security camera guy, he appears to have been alone. Assuming another was the driver, who are the other two?

Somebody robbed a neighbor's house. How far would they have carried the items? If there was a TV, I wouldn't think they'd have parked too far away. The security video suspect is over 500 feet from the Blackburn house and his vehicle isn't in sight. Would he carry items the length of two football fields? I have doubts the security camera suspect is also the neighborhood burglar. We'd have to accept that he parked way up the road, walked down and robbed a house. Carried stuff back to his car and then walked back down the street again to the Blackburn's. Then back to his car, yet again. If he was parked at the end of Sunnyfield (far end from Blackburn's), that's about 800 feet away. So, we're looking at 1400' round-trip to rob the neighbor's and another 1600 feet for the Blackburn's. So, 3000 feet. Nearly six-tenths of a mile. It seems like an awful lot of walking for a thief.

When the stolen vehicle was found, did it have the stolen items in it? If not, how far did they carry them when abandoning the car? Unless they had another car, I wouldn't think very far.

At this point, I'm leaning toward the burglary being unrelated to the security camera suspect.

To me it looks like he was possibly talking on his phone as he was walking away from their house. There may have been a driver moving a vehicle around as the other three were pillaging and stealing. He may have been picked up by said driver somewhere in the vicinity the gun was found thrown away. I think the reason the gun was discarded was because they didn't want to risk getting stopped by a cop while carrying it. Keep in mind, this perp wouldn't know if a neighbor or someone else heard the gunshots and called it in.

I definitely think this was an organized group effort. There's a good reason why they have 4 suspects in custody right now. This may turn out to be an entire team of thieves.

perp2.jpg

To me it looks like he was possibly talking on his phone as he was walking away from their house. There may have been a driver moving a vehicle around as the other three were pillaging and stealing. He may have been picked up by said driver somewhere in the vicinity the gun was found thrown away. I think the reason the gun was discarded was because they didn't want to risk getting stopped by a cop while carrying it. Keep in mind, this perp wouldn't know if a neighbor or someone else heard the gunshots and called it in.

I definitely think this was an organized group effort. There's a good reason why they have 4 suspects in custody right now. This may turn out to be an entire team of thieves.

I think you're right and I think they're going to solve some unsolved burglaries when they arrest and question them. I've been saying this kid isn't bright but maybe that's just because he'd never murdered anyone before. Or maybe he's new to the team.

If my theory is right.....the shooter is most likely going to be left handed.

<modsnip>

With it being up to four suspects now in custody it seems to be gang related, imo.

If they are the ones involved I am so proud of those who refused to remain silent and decided that Amanda deserves justice. So many are very fearful of gang members but many who have to live around them are devout Christians themselves. I also believe they may have gotten some of the DNA results back. An article this morning said they had fast tracked the evidence left behind.

I do think this is the break police have been needing all along.

And they made the arrest of three last night and the media evidently didn't get wind of it then. It shows they were keeping what they were doing close to the vests.

I do believe now Amanda will receive the justice she so richly deserves.

God bless Davey, Weston, and all the many people who loves Amanda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3