IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it was a burglary gone wrong, I would expect the perp to take Amandas wedding rings at the very least.

They were either on her hand or beside the bed or in the bathroom.

So I would expect police to issue a BOLO for personal items that may have been taken

They haven't, so far as I know?

I wonder if they have her purse or just took the credit card.

Police also confirm someone took a credit card from the Blackburn home and used it several times, starting the night Amanda died.

http://www.fox28.com/story/30564603...opments-in-murder-of-elkhart-pastors-daughter

well if you believe wkrp cincinatti or whatever they are

Not only did he steal her bankcard he also used it all over town

so relax theres a trail and plenty more cctv

*polishes bridge

Relax? DO I seem anxious or something? lol

He is one of the suspects, but I haven't seen LE say the person on the CCTV is the murderer... I've heard "alleged suspect"... they have not stated that the man in the photo is the person that murdered AB, at least not that I have seen.

Its on 2020 for goodness sake! that handsome man told me! Police have released an image of a suspect in the Amanda Blackburn Murder!

I give up...

Last night, Indianapolis police released surveillance photos of the man they believe entered the Blackburn’s home shortly after 6 a.m. on Nov. 12 and shot Amanda Blackburn in the head. The grainy, black-and-white photos show a man wearing a hoodie walking away from the camera. Police earlier described him as a “black male with a light to medium complexion, of slim to medium build, between 5’ 4” and 5’ 9” tall.” Blackburn described the photo as "obscure."

Crime scene investigator Captain Craig Converse said Friday that Blackburn’s murder is linked to a robbery a short time earlier two doors down from the Blackburn’s home. Investigators said there was no sign that anyone had forced their way into the Blackburn’s home

http://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/amanda-blackburn-didnt-have-an-enemy-in-the-world-husband-says

I hear ya.

But seems quite plausible that an inexperienced criminal can target a cul de sac. I don't see anything about this mystery person that leads me to believe it's a highly experienced criminal. You ?

I think wearing a hoodie to hide your identity is common sense.

I don't really see any reason to assume that this was an experienced criminal that to the contrary be things that could point to inexperience as well. Inexperience is just as plausible as having intentions that go against what a skilled burglar would think.

I live in a small cul de sac in a large subdivision outside Charlotte. Last year in the twenty minutes it took to take my son to school and return home, our garage had been burglarized. There had been a lot of burglaries in our area, and it was determined by LE that it was a ring of thieves who had been doing this hitting different areas for a long time. So, it could go either way with being experienced or not, IMO.

I live in a small cul de sac in a large subdivision outside Charlotte. Last year in the twenty minutes it took to take my son to school and return home, our garage had been burglarized. There had been a lot of burglaries in our area, and it was determined by LE that it was a ring of thieves who had been doing this hitting different areas for a long time. So, it could go either way with being experienced or not, IMO.

How did they get the goods out, did anyone see or hear anything?

Even if it was a burglary gone wrong, I would expect the perp to take Amandas wedding rings at the very least.

They were either on her hand or beside the bed or in the bathroom.

So I would expect police to issue a BOLO for personal items that may have been taken

They haven't, so far as I know?

really ?

I think it's equally plausible that an inexperienced burglar who hadn't killed anyone before might very well be looking to get out of there as a first priority. I'd imagine a burglary went bad and ending in murder unexpectedly, would fluster an inexperienced burglar and maybe even an experienced one. The goal of burglary is not murder in most cases.

It's possible that the perp was in the process of taking things that were downstairs when surprised by amanda. At that point the gun comes into play and resulting in murder. At that point I think they leave with what they have, so if the rings on her hand they are more worried about fleeing than gaining more loot. I think that's pretty plausible. Gunshots typically draw people's attention quickly.

Burglary gone awry, does fit what we have heard so far, imo. whether the ring was taken or not.

I did see that they were monitoring the financial records of blackburns reportedly. So maybe they only bagged a purse at that point ? we really don't know

I wonder if he caught her in the shower? Or getting out of the shower if she heard something, an alarm perhaps?

No but as someone pointed out, the perp in the image was LEAVING the Blackburns. Empty handed with his face covered. :(

The image showed the perp walking in the opposite direction of both crime scenes. Please note that "walking in the opposite direction" does not imply "leaving the Blackburn's (residence)". I think you and I are on the same end game, but you're relying on assumptions to prove to yourself that your theory is accurate.

I'm not aggravated at you or trying to be a bully. I just think you're capable of doing better work, and the first step would be to understand the facts.

really ?

I think it's equally plausible that an inexperienced burglar who hadn't killed anyone before might very well be looking to get out of there as a first priority. I'd imagine a burglary went bad and ending in murder unexpectedly, would fluster an inexperienced burglar and maybe even an experienced one. The goal of burglary is not murder in most cases.

It's possible that the perp was in the process of taking things that were downstairs when surprised by amanda. At that point the gun comes into play and resulting in murder. At that point I think they leave with what they have, so if the rings on her hand they are more worried about fleeing than gaining more loot. I think that's pretty plausible. Gunshots typically draw people's attention quickly.

Burglary gone awry, does fit what we have heard so far, imo. whether the ring was taken or not.

I did see that they were monitoring the financial records of blackburns reportedly. So maybe they only bagged a purse at that point ? we really don't know

Most burglars would hit the door if they heard someone upstairs.

This guy didn't apparently.

Also - No Forced Entry.

So either something was unlocked, or she let him in or he had keys.

The image showed the perp walking in the opposite direction of both crime scenes. Please note that "walking in the opposite direction" does not imply "leaving the Blackburn's (residence). I think you and I are on the same end game, but you're relying on assumptions to prove to yourself that your theory is accurate.

I'm not aggravated at you or trying to be a bully. I just think you're capable of doing better work, and the first step would be to understand the facts.

Thank you...but sadly I cant

I have dyscalculia

Basically means im absolutely hopeless with direction

I only found out when I went to Hong Kong and my kids had to guide me around

What is this strange thing everyone else can do easily?

So it affects numbers, times, math, distances, and direction.

My niece cant even read a clock. My kids avoided it (Thank God)

so I literally cannot work on direction, yes its a hinderance but I worked in Finance Investigations since leaving school without anyone noticing I can barely add hahah (decades)

I tend to stay away from "he went thataway" because I simply cant process it

I have to rely on others interpretations

but I have strengths in other areas...!

Namely, I can smell a lie from 50 paces, even thru the phone<<<weird

With a foreign object held with a towel to prevent fingerprints...

True. Would also need to be no exchange or transfer of blood, saliva, sweat, hair, mucus, etc. Certainly possible, albeit much harder to get away with. Your point is well taken, though.

I wonder if he caught her in the shower? Or getting out of the shower if she heard something, an alarm perhaps?

That would go against the "nothing at this stage to indicate sexual assault" thing imo - Amanda in a towel or wet or quickly dressed would raise SA red flags straightaway.

The image showed the perp walking in the opposite direction of both crime scenes. Please note that "walking in the opposite direction" does not imply "leaving the Blackburn's (residence)". I think you and I are on the same end game, but you're relying on assumptions to prove to yourself that your theory is accurate.

Just so there's no further confusion (one can dream, right? ;)), he was seen by eyewitnesses walking away from the Blackburn home, though that's not what we see in photo.

"Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence."

Just a little mention here...although it hasn't been said outright by LE whether anything was taken *quite possible there was not...who knows?*...that doesn't mean that there wasn't...MOO
IF the person in the still pics IS the person in question...they could very easily fit many valuables in pockets...especially wearing a loose hoodie type top...phones...cameras...jewelry...cash...JMOO..
We just don't know...

True. Would also need to be no exchange or transfer of blood, saliva, sweat, hair, mucus, etc. Certainly possible, albeit much harder to get away with. Your point is well taken, though.

She would have to have been incapacitated by that point, I think. Unless she was tied up. Horrible any way you think about it.

Just a little mention here...although it hasn't been said outright by LE whether anything was taken *quite possible there was not...who knows?*...that doesn't mean that there wasn't...MOO
IF the person in the still pics IS the person in question...they could very easily fit many valuables in pockets...especially wearing a loose hoodie type top...phones...cameras...jewelry...cash...JMOO..
We just don't know...

My point exactly...

at the very least he would've taken whatever jewelry she had on

why aren't we seeing pics of the stolen jewelry?

Because he wasn't a burglar.

He was a hit man

Burglars burgle they don't shoot young defenseless moms in the head.

He is one of the suspects, but I haven't seen LE say the person on the CCTV is the murderer... I've heard "alleged suspect"... they have not stated that the man in the photo is the person that murdered AB, at least not that I have seen.
LE has mentioned only person seen and recorded walking along the street, the guy in the dark hoodie.

"We know who killed her, at least we have a picture of him. We don't know the name. And the person was seen by a number of people on the street, and also our timeline can place him... puts him there..."

[...]
Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...INES-**NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12196739#post12196739

Just so there's no further confusion (one can dream, right? ;)), he was seen by eyewitnesses walking away from the Blackburn home, though that's not what we see in photo.

"Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence."

Could he just have been the lookout guy for the inside person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member