IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe he wants to rethink that story...

The Haiti Earthquake - TIME

Haiti's Orphaned Kids: How the Quake Is Speeding Adoptions
...”biological parents in Haiti, she is going to live with a family in the U.S. that has been trying to adopt her for the past two years, says Dixie Bickel, director of God's Littlest Angels, the agency outside of Pétionville that arranged the adoption. Exactly a week after the Jan. 12 7.0-magnitude quake, the paperwork was in order and Marie was set to fly out of Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince.

(See TIME's exclusive photos from Haiti.)

"The only good thing to come out of this [earthquake] is to see babies go home as babies," says Bickel, explaining that before the earthquake, it usually took at least two years for the adoption of Haitian children to go through. "Nine years ago, it only took three months," she says, adding that both Haitian and American bureaucracies are to blame. Where the Canadian embassy can process the necessary visas in th
ree days, it's not unusual for the U.S. embassy in Port-au-Prince to take upwards of six weeks, she says.”

Personal experience... our neighbors adopted a baby from Haiti at this time. They had been trying for over 2 years, and they had him here before he was three months old.

And another local family’s story, same situation:
Indiana family welcomes adopted son from Haiti

Wow. They just lie all the time. How much do you want to bet here they were all set to adopt this little girl who likely knew she was coming and then they found out about cute little N so they decided to dump the Haitian kid and go for this one instead?

Wow. They just lie all the time. How much do you want to bet here they were all set to adopt this little girl who likely knew she was coming and then they found out about cute little N so they decided to dump the Haitian kid and go for this one instead?
Right?! And straight up. A Haitian wouldn’t have been so special then, but a sweet little disabled Ukrainian, such a gold mine.

Their lies are completely pathological.

Right?! And straight up. A Haitian wouldn’t have been so special then, but a sweet little disabled Ukrainian, such a gold mine.

Their lies are completely pathological.

These two with their perfectionism and active seeking for disadvantaged adoptees are starting to remind me of the Harts. Ugh. (Remember that the Harts dumped a foster child once their first adoption was in the works?)

I worry about the Barnetts' biological kids still in their 'care', and I hope MB and his new wife don't plan to have or adopt kids, since he seems to think his adopted dog deserves more attention than either his adopted or bio kids. (Judging by his FB.)

MOO

These two with their perfectionism and active seeking for disadvantaged adoptees are starting to remind me of the Harts. Ugh. (Remember that the Harts dumped a foster child once their first adoption was in the works?)

MOO
They are reminding me of the Harts, also. Especially how the Harts portrayed themselves online vs how they operated in real life. Over a year after the murders of the children, many of their fans/supporters Were Still refusing to accept the truth—that they planned and carried out the murders and were not the “super moms” they portrayed themselves to be.
I still cannot fathom how Michael expects people to believe an adoption agency cold called them. I’m thinking that’s a lie just to cover up their dismissal of the Haitian girl they were slated to adopt. Cover up that they were actively seeking other adoption opportunities while supposedly committed to the other child. I wonder if they traveled to Haiti and had met her already.

They are reminding me of the Harts, also. Especially how the Harts portrayed themselves online vs how they operated in real life. Over a year after the murders of the children, many of their fans/supporters Were Still refusing to accept the truth—that they planned and carried out the murders and were not the “super moms” they portrayed themselves to be.
I still cannot fathom how Michael expects people to believe an adoption agency cold called them. I’m thinking that’s a lie just to cover up their dismissal of the Haitian girl they were slated to adopt. Cover up that they were actively seeking other adoption opportunities while supposedly committed to the other child. I wonder if they traveled to Haiti and had met her already.
Someone suggested earlier that he was just in the dark about everything. That maybe K signed them up for it and he didn't know or catch on so he really thinks adoption agencies just call people up to ask if they want a child like in The Sims lmao. TBH I think the bumbling idiot defense is the best he can do for himself at this point. It certainly seems like he has no idea what's going on in his own family and he just brainlessly parrots what Kristine tells him.

Someone suggested earlier that he was just in the dark about everything. That maybe K signed them up for it and he didn't know or catch on so he really thinks adoption agencies just call people up to ask if they want a child like in The Sims lmao. TBH I think the bumbling idiot defense is the best he can do for himself at this point. It certainly seems like he has no idea what's going on in his own family and he just brainlessly parrots what Kristine tells him.
I was more inclined to cut him some slack when it was just Kristine doing all the character assassination. But after his whirlwind of interviews where his stories grew and grew, plus the fact he has no loyalty expectations towards Kristine because they’re divorced, this guy is All In on the charade. Probably trying to convince his new family that he’s not the monster this crime reveals him to be.

I was more inclined to cut him some slack when it was just Kristine doing all the character assassination. But after his whirlwind of interviews where his stories grew and grew, plus the fact he has no loyalty expectations towards Kristine because they’re divorced, this guy is All In on the charade. Probably trying to convince his new family that he’s not the monster this crime reveals him to be.
Yep. He's actually done more smearing of Natalia than Kristine has at this stage so they're both as bad as each other. She initiated but he's taken it much further. How many times are you going to describe a child's pubic hair, Michael??

Their timelines IMO have been scrubbed -
No way Kristine wouldn’t have flooded her TL in the beginning

Maybe. Except she apparently had misgivings immediately when she saw the kid had developed somewhat. I’m thinking she was immediately disgusted by N and didn’t really want her as part of the family early on.

You know I didn’t realize but precocious puberty is actually defined as occurring in girls BEFORE age 8! I thought it was before 10!

So this makes even more sense in this case as N was supposedly almost 7 when they got her.

This site gives the reasons for it:

In central precocious puberty, the puberty process starts too soon. The pattern and timing of the steps in the process are otherwise normal. For the majority of children with this condition, there's no underlying medical problem and no identifiable reason for the early puberty.

In rare cases, central precocious puberty may be caused by:

• A tumor in the brain or spinal cord (central nervous system)
  • A defect in the brain present at birth, such as excess fluid buildup (hydrocephalus) or a noncancerous tumor (hamartoma)
  • Radiation to the brain or spinal cord
  • Injury to the brain or spinal cord
  • McCune-Albright syndrome — a rare genetic disease that affects bones and skin color and causes hormonal problems
  • Congenital adrenal hyperplasia — a group of genetic disorders involving abnormal hormone production by the adrenal glands
  • Hypothyroidism — a condition in which the thyroid gland doesn't produce enough hormones
Peripheral precocious puberty
Estrogen or testosterone in your child's body causes this type of precocious puberty.

The less common peripheral precocious puberty occurs without the involvement of the hormone in your brain (GnRH) that normally triggers the start of puberty. Instead, the cause is release of estrogen or testosterone into the body because of problems with the ovaries, testicles, adrenal glands or pituitary gland.

In both girls and boys, the following may lead to peripheral precocious puberty:

• A tumor in the adrenal glands or in the pituitary gland that releases estrogen or testosterone
  • McCune-Albright syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that affects the skin color and bones and causes hormonal problems
  • Exposure to external sources of estrogen or testosterone, such as creams or ointments
Precocious puberty - Symptoms and causes

Also interesting is what precocious puberty can do to a kid:
  • Short height. Children with precocious puberty may grow quickly at first and be tall, compared with their peers. But, because their bones mature more quickly than normal, they often stop growing earlier than usual. This can cause them to be shorter than average as adults. Early treatment of precocious puberty, especially when it occurs in very young children, can help them grow taller than they would without treatment.
  • Social and emotional problems. Girls and boys who begin puberty long before their peers may be extremely self-conscious about the changes occurring in their bodies. This may affect self-esteem and increase the risk of depression or substance abuse.
Remember how Kristine screamed about how N “didn’t grow one inch!” Well yeah. If she had already started puberty her growth would slow a lot after that. Especially with dwarfism.

As foreign adoptees are more likely to exhibit precocious puberty than other kids (except those from South Korea for some reason), especially those who were older when adopted, I think a lot of things about this kid are adding up.

Increased risk of precocious puberty in internationally adopted children in Denmark. - PubMed - NCBI

Maybe. Except she apparently had misgivings immediately when she saw the kid had developed somewhat. I’m thinking she was immediately disgusted by N and didn’t really want her as part of the family early on.

You know I didn’t realize but precocious puberty is actually defined as occurring in girls BEFORE age 8! I thought it was before 10!

So this makes even more sense in this case as N was supposedly almost 7 when they got her.

This site gives the reasons for it:

In central precocious puberty, the puberty process starts too soon. The pattern and timing of the steps in the process are otherwise normal. For the majority of children with this condition, there's no underlying medical problem and no identifiable reason for the early puberty.

In rare cases, central precocious puberty may be caused by:

• A tumor in the brain or spinal cord (central nervous system)
  • A defect in the brain present at birth, such as excess fluid buildup (hydrocephalus) or a noncancerous tumor (hamartoma)
  • Radiation to the brain or spinal cord
  • Injury to the brain or spinal cord
  • McCune-Albright syndrome — a rare genetic disease that affects bones and skin color and causes hormonal problems
  • Congenital adrenal hyperplasia — a group of genetic disorders involving abnormal hormone production by the adrenal glands
  • Hypothyroidism — a condition in which the thyroid gland doesn't produce enough hormones
Peripheral precocious puberty
Estrogen or testosterone in your child's body causes this type of precocious puberty.

The less common peripheral precocious puberty occurs without the involvement of the hormone in your brain (GnRH) that normally triggers the start of puberty. Instead, the cause is release of estrogen or testosterone into the body because of problems with the ovaries, testicles, adrenal glands or pituitary gland.

In both girls and boys, the following may lead to peripheral precocious puberty:

• A tumor in the adrenal glands or in the pituitary gland that releases estrogen or testosterone
  • McCune-Albright syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that affects the skin color and bones and causes hormonal problems
  • Exposure to external sources of estrogen or testosterone, such as creams or ointments
Precocious puberty - Symptoms and causes

Also interesting is what precocious puberty can do to a kid:
  • Short height. Children with precocious puberty may grow quickly at first and be tall, compared with their peers. But, because their bones mature more quickly than normal, they often stop growing earlier than usual. This can cause them to be shorter than average as adults. Early treatment of precocious puberty, especially when it occurs in very young children, can help them grow taller than they would without treatment.
  • Social and emotional problems. Girls and boys who begin puberty long before their peers may be extremely self-conscious about the changes occurring in their bodies. This may affect self-esteem and increase the risk of depression or substance abuse.
Remember how Kristine screamed about how N “didn’t grow one inch!” Well yeah. If she had already started puberty her growth would slow a lot after that. Especially with dwarfism.

As foreign adoptees are more likely to exhibit precocious puberty than other kids (except those from South Korea for some reason), especially those who were older when adopted, I think a lot of things about this kid are adding up.

Increased risk of precocious puberty in internationally adopted children in Denmark. - PubMed - NCBI
yeah 8 is considered within the normal range. All the books/info I was given as a kid 20 years ago gave 8-17 as the ages you can reasonably expect to start your cycle. I don't think the Bs have said how long it was after the adoption they started finding bloody clothing. Very well could have been when she was close to 8.

I don't think the Bs have said how long it was after the adoption they started finding bloody clothing. Very well could have been when she was close to 8.
Interestingly, if you watch the first Daily Mail interview with Kristine, the actual video, what she says is she found IN HER CLOSET “at least the remnants” of a monthly period. Kristine was very non committal about this. She didn’t say directly, AT FIRST, that Natalia was having periods. She basically hinted. Since then the story has evolved dramatically.

Interestingly, if you watch the first Daily Mail interview with Kristine, the actual video, what she says is she found IN HER CLOSET “at least the remnants” of a monthly period. Kristine was very non committal about this. She didn’t say directly, AT FIRST, that Natalia was having periods. She basically hinted. Since then the story has evolved dramatically.
Yeah and she doesn't really talk about ever helping her deal with it or anything afterwards which would be more compelling and surely she would have mentioned it if that was ever something she did. Does she just continue to free bleed and throw away her clothes for the rest of the time? It sounds like they found some bloodied clothes a couple of times.. but then what? Did it just stop? She's not getting her own sanitary stuff since she has no independent income. K would have definitely mentioned if she was taking from her supply. I'm honestly starting to doubt even this part of their story. She didn't start to grow breasts until sometime around 2017. That just doesn't make sense if we accept that she had her period around 2010-11.

Myths about puberty are common. These misconceptions create needless anxiety, for example, in parents who confuse the isolated development of pubic hair or breasts with true sexual maturation. Even healthcare providers are not immune: some may be unaware of recent data suggesting that in healthy girls puberty may begin earlier than the textbook age of 8 years and others may mistakenly inform parents that only a couple of inches of growth remain for their 10-year-old daughter who has started menstruating.

Myth: pubic hair signals the onset of puberty
The reality is that without breast or testicular enlargement, pubic hair (pubarche) and body odor indicate increasing adrenal secretion of weak androgens (adrenarche) rather than activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal unit (true puberty). Before 1997, premature adrenarche was defined as pubic hair developing in girls younger than 8 years old and boys younger than 9 years. However, the results of a large, cross-sectional study suggest that the development of pubic hair may be normal in white girls as young as 7 years and in African American girls as young as 6 years.

Topics in Review: Myths and variations in normal pubertal development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member