IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article says a gag order has been issued. The Barnetts will still be allowed to talk about the case to proclaim their innocence, but some things have been declared off limits, including " that the Barnetts can no longer talk to the media about their adopted daughter's mental health, physical health or things they claimed happened while she was in their care."

Judge issues gag order on Michael and Kristine Barnett Child Neglect Case

JMO but in this age of blogs and vlogs, the order seems like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted.
The damage is already done. They talked and talked and talked and talked.

He might sensationalize Natalia's life and question her age. He isn't the most sensitive or educated man.

Oh gosh. That’s true. Sometimes he does well but he loves the drama. And is concerned about making people look stupid.

He did do well with Shannan Watts’ family though. I hope he does well with this child.

I do think he’s usually pretty good at researching though and figuring out who is the liar. Or his team is.

ETA: Also, the close up in the promo of the de facto mom’s hand on NB’s indicates a sympathetic lens. Hopefully.

Yup. People are convinced this kid is a monster out of a horror movie. No common sense and no taking the time to look into what’s really going on.

The jury will see it though.

I think the prosecution has investigated the Barnetts for years. If they had doubts about anything it wouldn't be going to trial. The Barnetts might be able to convince people who hear a brief version of their story, or are biased about dwarfism and international adoptions, but looking at facts (that they can't keep straight) is going to be what decides their guilt.

Oh gosh. That’s true. Sometimes he does well but he loves the drama. And is concerned about making people look stupid.

He did do well with Shannan Watts’ family though. I hope he does well with this child.

I do think he’s usually pretty good at researching though and figuring out who is the liar. Or his team is.

ETA: Also, the close up in the promo of the de facto mom’s hand on NB’s indicates a sympathetic lens. Hopefully.

From what I recall about the Burke Ramsey interview, he made him seem guilty. With the help of John Ramsey. Hopefully he treats her as a child.

From what I recall about the Burke Ramsey interview, he made him seem guilty. With the help of John Ramsey. Hopefully he treats her as a child.
I haven’t watch Dr. Phil since he tried to rehabilitate the Ramseys after Burke’s admissions. 1. The bat was his 2. He snuck back downstairs after everyone was asleep - placing him at the same time with the “intruder”- He was awake the following morning.

I don't know if going on Dr. Phil is such a great idea.
I feel conflicted about the whole Dr Phil thing, too. But I also got the impression from the preview that he is “on their side”. If he does come out on their side it will be very influential. Love him or hate him, many viewers put great stock in his opinions.

Here is the comment verbatim (OTher than I had to not spell out the word than rhymes with hit cause it won’t let me swear, but he did say/spell it correctly on YouTube, it’s EXACTLY as written inc punctuation, capitalization, etc). This is all I could find. I don’t see any other comments or responses from this account:

Weird to see this s*** on the internet lol

Edit: yes I’m the real one, most of the s*** hes sayin with the thumbtacks are true. Notice how I say most I dont trust Michael lol

Edit edit: that’s her in the tiktoks 100% and also she has an old youtube channel called GracesLife (we renamed her middle name to grace when we adopted her it’s weird to see her use that instead of real name, we didnt change her first name so idk why she’s using grace lol)
Its like she's some random person with a tenuous connection to his family.

To be fair, I think Burke did that himself, the whole thing was super weird.

E. Barnett is 16 now? If that's the case, then he knows absolutely nothing, there is no way he can remember what happened or didn't happen back when he was a little kid. I haven't seen the comment (I gave up on watching any videos with these people), but if Michael is referred to Michael and not dad, it could be because a) E. Barnett was not the one who wrote the comment; or b) E. Barnett was trying to hide the fact that Michael is his father, but then, why comment with his real name? And it's clear that he has to be close to the family or family to know all of that so, my guess is a).
My thoughts on using his dad’s first name is that (1) it aligns with them being estranged which was referred to by Michael himself on his (Michael’s) Facebook OR (2) Not Ethan composing the message.
Ethan is about 1 month older than NB. I think that is old enough to have memories of her time with their family. BUT because he was so young he is likely to remember things the way his mother explained them to him or to remember conversations he overheard between adults. So he might say “Yes she tried to kill me” but what that could really mean is he remembers his mom or dad telling him that she tried to kill him and he simply accepted their statements as true/correct/accurate. He would not have had the sophistication to separate what he witnessed or experienced from the interpretation explained to him.

Hmmmmm. So their 11year old super genius son wouldn't know better than to run into traffic. :*)
This, to me, shows what an experienced liar he is. Note that he doesn’t actually say that any son actually ran into traffic. But that is what he wants people to think. And if they didn’t actually run into traffic, WHY is this a murder attempt rather than a “I destroyed your toy/homework”? Because they can read her mind?? This guy really has mental issues.

This, to me, shows what an experienced liar he is. Note that he doesn’t actually say that any son actually ran into traffic. But that is what he wants people to think. And if they didn’t actually run into traffic, WHY is this a murder attempt rather than a “I destroyed your toy/homework”? Because they can read her mind?? This guy really has mental issues.
Kristine did the same thing. She said Natalia would stand over people while they slept so they had to hide sharp objects. Didnt say she was ever actually standing over anyone with a sharp object but we are supposed to infer that she had a knife or something.

Kristine did the same thing. She said Natalia would stand over people while they slept so they had to hide sharp objects. Didnt say she was ever actually standing over anyone with a sharp object but we are supposed to infer that she had a knife or something.

They are selling a story about a nice family that took in a child only to be tormented by this murderous dwarf that is an adult posing as a kid. They are following a movie plot and playing on adoption horror stories. If they cared about her at all or were decent people they would have taken responsibility for abandoning her. The Barnetts have trashed her, talked about her pubic hair and menstruation while implying she tried to kill them and is dangerous. They should be locked up and definitely not allowed to take in any more kids.

Its like she's some random person with a tenuous connection to his family.
Quoting myself to add.... she came here in 2008 as Gava Natalia Vadymivna. I have no idea if Gava or Vadymivna is the patronymic name. I assumed the original adoptive parents legally changed the name Gava to Grace but the son says his parents did. And then he thinks (i.e. his mom has told him to think) that's it's weird she kept the name they gave her. They are still legally her parents, they altered her name but E thinks its 'lol' for her to acknowledge her legal name.

The thumbtack thing is so funny to me tbh. Can totally imagine my kid doing that after watching Tom & Jerry or Wacky Races or something.

Cash money says Natalia kept the middle name Grace because of the Mans. Christians are big on God’s grace and I’m betting they spun the choice as a positive.
Plus it’s her *advertiser censored* NAME. Just because they gave it to her does not mean that they get to control it or how she uses it. It’s HER name now.

Sorry, I’ve got a bit angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members