IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly suspect Kristine has a narcissistic personality. She didn’t go about it by the rules because narcissists think the rules don’t apply to them. Kristine seems to be devoid of empathy, a hallmark symptom of NPD.
Right and not that I want to derail but... why does she do this stuff with autistic kids? I'm pretty sure she is a sociopath at this point and doesn't give a crap about anyone who isn't her or an extension of her so it can't be out of genuine care or concern for them. It's not about making them happy but about making them useful and also proving her theories correct I guess. Idk just thinking aloud. She loves to be admired and the autism ally thing is one of the trendy virtuous things currently, maybe even more so 5 years ago.

Could they have chosen a worse picture to headline it with? What jerks. She is a very pretty girl and they selected a photo that was not representative of her beauty.
That broke my heart when she cried. So unfair.
I will definitely be watching Thursday
It is awful and they seem to want to use the kid pictures that are most ambiguous eventhough a lot more have become available that show her looking extremely young almost babyish.

Right and not that I want to derail but... why does she do this stuff with autistic kids? I'm pretty sure she is a sociopath at this point and doesn't give a crap about anyone who isn't her or an extension of her so it can't be out of genuine care or concern for them. It's not about making them happy but about making them useful and also proving her theories correct I guess. Idk just thinking aloud. She loves to be admired and the autism ally thing is one of the trendy virtuous things currently, maybe even more so 5 years ago.
I think she’s doing it for the “narcissistic supply”, She gets these mothers (of autistic children) looking up to her, deferring to her, hanging on her every word, treating her like an Expert when she’s absolutely not. Similar to what she experienced making media appearances with her son when he was the guest, then with her book.

Wow the judge issued a gag order on Natalia as well. So she cant make negative extrajudicial comments about the character and credibility of Kristine and Michael. Someone talk me down this has got me fuming.
Where did you learn that? I don’t see her as having been “noticed” in the court ledger.

Journal and courier website.
F’ing system fails that little girl once again!! Why didn’t the prosecution file for the gag order as soon as the Barnetts started on their character assassination campaign? Instead they fail to prevent the harm Barnetts caused, now are preventing her from attempting to undo some of the harm they caused. I’m livid

Well, isn't that great. So she now is legally 30 and is going to stay that age no matter what, because appeal wasn't filed in 30 days? How would she even know to file an appeal if she were actually 9 when her age was changed to that of an adult? The mind boggles.

No I think that would be an extraordinary circumstance.

Wow the judge issued a gag order on Natalia as well. So she cant make negative extrajudicial comments about the character and credibility of Kristine and Michael. Someone talk me down this has got me fuming.
What really pisses me off is that Once Again NB’s rights are determined in a judicial proceeding where She Had No Voice. She had no lawyer there to see to it that her rights were protected or to advocate for her. Maybe she’d have agreed with this? But that’s irrelevant to me. She didn’t get a say. AGAIN.

F’ing system fails that little girl once again!! Why didn’t the prosecution file for the gag order as soon as the Barnetts started on their character assassination campaign? Instead they fail to prevent the harm Barnetts caused, now are preventing her from attempting to undo some of the harm they caused. I’m livid
The perps smear her non stop for literal weeks before they get hit with a gag order. she defends herself once and gets gagged instantly. Terrific.

The perps smear her non stop for literal weeks before they get hit with a gag order. she defends herself once and gets gagged instantly. Terrific.
When they pulled this crap on the victims of Dr Larry Nassar, the MSU pedo doctor, there were 3 top notch attorneys filing for a injunction within days. The injunction was granted. The gag order rendered impotent. Then one more narrowly tailored, that took the victims input into account, was released. Dam I want to see some attorney step up to be NB’s hero.
Lawyers for women suing Larry Nassar ask judge to block gag order

What really pisses me off is that Once Again NB’s rights are determined in a judicial proceeding where She Had No Voice. She had no lawyer there to see to it that her rights were protected or to advocate for her. Maybe she’d have agreed with this? But that’s irrelevant to me. She didn’t get a say. AGAIN.
It could be a good thing for her case not to talk to the press, I don't know. But it sure seems like such a huge f you. She's endured the worst slander imaginable from her abusers and now she gets told to be restrained and not say anything critical of them??

It could be a good thing for her case not to talk to the press, I don't know. But it sure seems like such a huge f you. She's endured the worst slander imaginable from her *** abusers and now she gets told to be restrained and not say anything critical of them??
I agree that it may not be best for her case to speak out. But the prosecution should have protected HER better from the onset. I hope they do a better job at trial, that’s all I gotta say. I wish I had a pacer account and could read the gag order.

Maybe someone can tell me how a 9 year old lives alone for that long? I just read sympathy here and not much sleuthing but maybe I missed it?

Maybe someone can tell me how a 9 year old lives alone for that long? I just read sympathy here and not much sleuthing but maybe I missed it?

Although we've heard that the Barnetts left N alone, we don't know exactly how long for or how well she coped during that time.

One woman has come forward to say that she befriended N during that time and that N was hanging out with a bunch of adults.

We don't know how well N was coping with things like cooking, cleaning, doctors appts or anything like that.

The Barnetts have said that they arranged SSI (SSD?) and food stamps for N and they paid the rent on the apartment that she was in.

Yeah you missed it, we talked extensively about this. She was possibly in special housing right after they changed her age. Monitored housing for the disabled through a quasi govt organization called Aspire Indiana. She has severe disabilities and bone deformities so she would not have been living independently, she would have aids and I imagine adapted accommodation.. Then she was officially abandoned by the Barnetts in the (non-adapted) final apartment in Lafayette in July 2013 but was taken in by Cynthia and Antwon Mans at least by August 2013. Cynthia has pictures of the girl all over her Facebook pages uploaded August 2013, baking cookies on Thanksgiving and opening gifts with her other kids during Christmas 2013... so evidently she was not by herself in that apartment for long.

I agree that it may not be best for her case to speak out. But the prosecution should have protected HER better from the onset. I hope they do a better job at trial, that’s all I gotta say. I wish I had a pacer account and could read the gag order.
The B. made all sorts of claims about her. She should be able to defend herself against these accusations.

This is such a tragic story. Why would this situation occur? Couldn't the Barnett's have contacted the agency they adopted N from?

I just don't get it. I have never even relinquished a pet, let alone a child.
I wish they just "relinquished her." Instead they went to court and had her age changed to a legal adult. When they made her a legal adult, she could no longer get an education a child can get but an adult can't. She also lost the protections a child would have vs. adult. She ended up with a couple that appear to be decent people, but this couple has no legal rights to her as far as I can tell, because their legal guardianship petition was denied since N. is supposedly a legal adult. She also could have ended up with anyone at all. Any pedo could have said N. is a legal adult.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member