IN - Four sisters, ages 5-11, die in Flora house fire, Nov 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well he pretty quickly moved to Texas. The question is, where was he the night of the fire? Surely a man who had been until very recently living with the family and who was in the midst of a divorce from Gaylin would be suspect #1. I find it very odd that literally not a single article about the case even addresses his existence. If you were to read them, you'd assume she was a single mom (some of the articles even say that). Also I noticed that the 5 year old, Kionnie, had no father listed in her obit - the other three girls all did. And her last name - Welch - is the same last name as the maternal grandmother listed for one of the other girls. I don't know what to make of that.
They all have the same MATERNAL grandmother.

Thanks for the link ! So it looks like she did not accept mailed service of the divorce papers. Two days after the court was notified that the papers were not served, the house burned down and the girls were killed. About 7 months later, she agrees to the divorce. I wonder if he was in a rush to be with someone else ?
That doesn't usually stop people. Wonder if child support was going to be an issue

1658948272122.png

On Monday, November 21, 2016, the Flora Fire Department, Carroll County EMS, Flora Police, and Carroll County Sheriff’s Department responded to a house fire located at 103 East Columbia Street, Flora, Indiana. This fire was determined to have been intentionally set and the investigation of this arson fire continues.

The fire resulted in the deaths of four children: Keyana Davis, 11, Keyara Phillips, 9, Kerriele McDonald, 7, and Kionnie Welch, 5. The mother of the four children, Gaylin Rose, and two responding police officers, suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

The Indiana State Police is the lead investigative agency and is being assisted by the Carroll County Sheriff’s Department, the Flora Police Department, and fire investigators from the Indiana Department of Homeland Security.

This is an ongoing criminal investigation and the Indiana State Police ask anyone with information regarding this arson fire to call 1-800-382-4628.

A reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for this fire.

Flora Arson

I was looking for a video recently to quote from and it had been removed from the article. The only way I found it was to search here; someone had posted the video here and that is the only reason it's still available. The same thing for updated articles, so if it might be important, I learned to keep a copy of the article.

This is really sad. But I guess if the same department is investigating this case that finally has an arrest in the Delphi case, then there is hope, albeit it may take some years.
From the sound of previous comments DC has made, part of the problem with this case is a lack of cooperation by the family. I'm not judging, or speculating, it's just a possible hang up maybe. I do hope for a conclusion.

A whole $5,000 reward being offered for the arson murders of four sweet little girls :(
I don't understand, why the sponsors of the Delphi reward didn't feel animated to spend their money also for 4 -four!- little girls out of 1 -one single!- family. It was arson from the beginning, meaning "murder" (accepted death of all). Where is the difference? Which is the most tragic case?

From the sound of previous comments DC has made, part of the problem with this case is a lack of cooperation by the family. I'm not judging, or speculating, it's just a possible hang up maybe. I do hope for a conclusion.
Yes, that's true but did they offer the mother any kind of protection ? IMO, she was scared for her life and she still seems traumatized today.

Yeah, I think if the family isn't cooperative, it might be because they don't trust LE. For whatever reason. It compounds the sadness of the case.
If I remember correctly, and let me know if I'm wrong, the mother had reported an ex for dv. I'm not sure if she had a RO or not. But if LE did not take her seriously, I can understand her mistrust.

If I remember correctly, and let me know if I'm wrong, the mother had reported an ex for dv. I'm not sure if she had a RO or not. But if LE did not take her seriously, I can understand her mistrust.
For sure. I don't know about the DV report, but I do remember something weird in the court records. On Oct. 31, 2016, JT filed for divorce from GR, which was to be notified to her by certified mail (if I'm understanding the court filings correctly). On Nov. 19, 2016 (just two days before the fire), that certified mail was returned unclaimed by GR. Later it says she didn't sign the documents.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

For sure. I don't know about the DV report, but I do remember something weird in the court records. On Oct. 31, 2016, JT filed for divorce from GR, which was to be notified to her by certified mail (if I'm understanding the court filings correctly). On Nov. 19, 2016 (just two days before the fire), that certified mail was returned unclaimed by GR. Later it says she didn't sign the documents.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
The dv most likely an impression I got. She did waive service later on and they were divorced about 6 months later. Thanks for the link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back