IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have seen an edited version. Clicked a link on WS and watched his no tears flowing interview. Never heard him talk about color blindness.
Keep talking, keep talking. You’ll talk yourself into an enhanced charge and more jail time.
Yes, it seems they are updating the "interview" articles - perhaps showing versions that are kinder to SA?
JMO

So now it turns out that Chloe didn't ask to be picked up but rather SA did it unilaterally. He claims he couldn't touch the glass therefore she couldn't touch the glass, which this seems totally false:
"So she's down at the — looking at the — out the window, and the glass. I bent down by her, and then we always, like, when you're — whenever we were at hockey games, we would bang on the glass, and it was fun, you know? So when I knelt down to be with her at that level, I couldn't reach the glass, really, with my fingertips, so I knew she couldn't. So that's when I decided I'd pick her up."

Now I see why he was charged as he was holding her in an inherently dangerous way by using only one arm while moving his body and swinging the other arm, which even if there was a window there she could have died hitting her head on the floor:
"I had her, and I was trying to knock on the glass. And at that point I'm like, 'Well, I'm going to have to lean farther for her to be able to reach it,' right? Because I thought it was farther out than I expected," he said.
Anello said at one point he had one arm around her and the other arm was trying to knock on the glass.
"I think that's the point where she slipped out of me," Anello said. "At no point during that whole incident did I think that, well, she fell out."

So now the reporter says she was over the railing, which if he was colorblind he should have been more diligent:
"The video that CBS News saw, and I saw myself, appears to show you holding Chloe above the railing and over the railing..."

Now totally false saying he wouldn't do anything dangerous with Chloe but his own description is totally dangerous: "I wouldn't mess around with Chloe in — that kind of — or anybody with a dangerous kind of — never." Chloe didn't even asked to be picked up, yet he does it for over 30 seconds while holding her in a totally unsafe way. I wonder if he's dropped Chloe or other children before as he seems totally reckless in his handling of his own granddaughter by his own description of how he handled her.

Grandfather charged in girl's cruise ship death says he's colorblind, calls outcome of case "inconsequential"

Being colorblind doesn't does not make one blind. You can still tell the difference in light or dark shades. If this were a problem, we would have colorblind people walking through glass doors all the time. GF is a piece of work!
I need to find some hip boots and a shovel to get through that interview! I hope they tear him apart in court and the real story and motive come out!!!!

This whole case makes me so angry. No sane person would allow a baby to bang on window glass, especially that high. The windows at hockey arena's aren't even close to being the same material. I don't let my kids bang on any windows or glass. It's beyond dangerous at any level.

spin spin spin.... the video really needs to be released at least up until the point of the drop IMO. I still can't shake the early video of the man holding his arms completely outside of the open window and moving them up and down. totally different movement than what SA described in the CBS interview where he had her in a bear hug and let go to knock on the glass with the other hand.
JMO

I'm getting dizzy :D I also read for the first time a couple of days ago that Chloe screamed as she fell :eek: I felt like I was going to be sick. I thought that the entire incident happened so quickly that Chloe didn't know what was happening. The thought of the little girl knowing that she was falling 150' onto concrete below must have been absolutely terrifying! I get chills thinking about it and wish I hadn't read this :(

So now it turns out that Chloe didn't ask to be picked up but rather SA did it unilaterally. He claims he couldn't touch the glass therefore she couldn't touch the glass, which this seems totally false:
"So she's down at the — looking at the — out the window, and the glass. I bent down by her, and then we always, like, when you're — whenever we were at hockey games, we would bang on the glass, and it was fun, you know? So when I knelt down to be with her at that level, I couldn't reach the glass, really, with my fingertips, so I knew she couldn't. So that's when I decided I'd pick her up."

Now I see why he was charged as he was holding her in an inherently dangerous way by using only one arm while moving his body and swinging the other arm, which even if there was a window there she could have died hitting her head on the floor:
"I had her, and I was trying to knock on the glass. And at that point I'm like, 'Well, I'm going to have to lean farther for her to be able to reach it,' right? Because I thought it was farther out than I expected," he said.
Anello said at one point he had one arm around her and the other arm was trying to knock on the glass.
"I think that's the point where she slipped out of me," Anello said. "At no point during that whole incident did I think that, well, she fell out."

So now the reporter says she was over the railing, which if he was colorblind he should have been more diligent:
"The video that CBS News saw, and I saw myself, appears to show you holding Chloe above the railing and over the railing..."

Now totally false saying he wouldn't do anything dangerous with Chloe but his own description is totally dangerous: "I wouldn't mess around with Chloe in — that kind of — or anybody with a dangerous kind of — never." Chloe didn't even asked to be picked up, yet he does it for over 30 seconds while holding her in a totally unsafe way. I wonder if he's dropped Chloe or other children before as he seems totally reckless in his handling of his own granddaughter by his own description of how he handled her.

Grandfather charged in girl's cruise ship death says he's colorblind, calls outcome of case "inconsequential"

Wow! The reporter says he saw him hold her above and over the railing. IMO, Just like the witness reenactment. D*mn.

I think I posted on the other thread there is a possibility he was colorblind. Makes sense.
That's what I was thinking as well.
My daughter is colorblind but it's very subtle and we never realized until she was specifically tested for it during an eye exam.
It's the type where it's hard to distinguish between red and orange and green and blue. It's very subtle and it's more common in men.

If he is color blind it won't be difficult to prove.

My daughter is colorblind but it's very subtle and we never realized until she was specifically tested for it during an eye exam.
It's the type where it's hard to distinguish between red and orange and green and blue. It's very subtle and it's more common in men.

Colorblind or not, SA still took a terrible chance with Chloe's safety to place her where he did. And she died over "knocking on the glass"? Really? He NEEDED to knock on this cruise ship window? This case stinks out loud.

This was one of the original stories https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...na-tot-fell-cruise-ship-not-ruled-murder.html

Police investigating death of Indiana tot who fell from cruise ship have not ruled out murder | Daily Mail Online
  • Police investigating the death of Chloe Wiegand, 18-months, who died after falling from a cruise ship in Puerto Rico, say they have not ruled out murder yet
  • Chief cop Sgt Jose D. Sanchez told DailyMail.com that it was premature to declare the incident an accident
  • He said: 'There are various possibilities. It could be a homicide. It could be a murder. It could be an accident'
  • Sgt Sanchez said possible charges could include murder, homicide - killing without intent - or neglect, and it could also be the case that no charges are filed

Wow! The reporter says he saw him hold her above and over the railing. IMO, Just like the witness reenactment. D*mn.
The railing was about a foot from the window so it does sound like he was holding her over the railing and closer to the ledge to get closer to the window.
Now it sounds like the grandfather is sticking to his original story of holding her up so she could bang on the window.
It seems like the lawyer keeps changing the story. Don't they communicate?

Anyway, it seems like at least the grandfather is aware that his actions were reckless. He would probably gladly trade three years in prison for his granddaughter's life.

Imo

Here's a colorblind simulator where you can load pictures and then see how they would look with various forms of colorblindness:
Toptal Color Blind Filter
I used a picture I found on Twitter so I can't link to it, but you can find pictures from there and you'll see that colorblind doesn't make you blind where regardless of the type of colorblindness you still see the shade from the tinting of the closed windows.

This was one of the original stories https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...na-tot-fell-cruise-ship-not-ruled-murder.html

Police investigating death of Indiana tot who fell from cruise ship have not ruled out murder | Daily Mail Online
  • Police investigating the death of Chloe Wiegand, 18-months, who died after falling from a cruise ship in Puerto Rico, say they have not ruled out murder yet
  • Chief cop Sgt Jose D. Sanchez told DailyMail.com that it was premature to declare the incident an accident
  • He said: 'There are various possibilities. It could be a homicide. It could be a murder. It could be an accident'
  • Sgt Sanchez said possible charges could include murder, homicide - killing without intent - or neglect, and it could also be the case that no charges are filed
Yes, I'm sure LE did a thorough investigation before they decided on the charges.
He wouldn't be charged with negligent homicide if they believed there was any intent to harm the child.
He is being charged because he put the child at risk and his actions differed from what a reasonable person would do regarding the care of a young child.
He should have known better, and now he will have to pay the price, whether or not he is sentenced to the whole three years or not.

Imo

The railing was about a foot from the window so it does sound like he was holding her over the railing and closer to the ledge to get closer to the window.
Now it sounds like the grandfather is sticking to his original story of holding her up so she could bang on the window.
It seems like the lawyer keeps changing the story. Don't they communicate?

Anyway, it seems like at least the grandfather is aware that his actions were reckless. He would probably gladly trade three years in prison for his granddaughter's life.

Imo

BBM. Only if he quits making excuses and accepts a plea deal.

The news said they view his medical records and he is color blind. Also wondering if he has issues with depth perception.

BBM. Only if he quits making excuses and accepts a plea deal.

Yeah, Winkleman is now trying to set a narrative that goes with that upcoming trial video IMO. First time we hear SA was holding her with one hand, she did not ask to be lifted up, he’s got a medical condition (colorblind) , she” slipped “ and he thought she was on the floor as he was “reaching for glass “ with his other hand.
Wow. He never takes any responsibility that he decided to do this act. He never says it’s his fault she is dead.
Does he and his attorney think the public is stupid?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member