GUILTY IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #9 *NO JAIL*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bbm
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
For not just S.A. but the parents as well.
The lawyer had said the parents could sue for an (paraphrased) 'unlimited amount'.

From the swiftness of the lawsuit -- it appeared that the child's parents and grandparent (SA) were very focused on reaping the rewards of a successful lawsuit.
Who knows why the other set of grands have been silent, but it's possible they were threatened to have money withheld if the lawsuit was successful -- if they spoke against SA or the parents.
Chloe was their grandchild as well. :(

It's surprising that the local LE in Chloe's father's (Alan Wiegand) police jurisdiction were so supportive of this lawsuit.
LE are by the nature of their job a nosy bunch of people.
They must know by now that this did not happen the way Kimberly Wiegand and S.A. said it did ?
Imo.

I think it's a combination of confirmation bias and psychological denial. If you KNOW that "he" would never do such a thing, that belief effects the way you view the video evidence. This happens in all walks of life/professions, imo.

There's also the power of suggestion. One powerful example of that is when you hear a clip of audio that is difficult to decipher. Then, you see some words on screen or in a transcript. Suddenly, the words in the audio are indisputable!

Maybe the passage of time or being confronted with an alternative narrative/reality will cause his supporters to see things from another perspective. Jmo

bbm
$$$$$$$$$$$$$
The lawyer had said the parents could sue for an (paraphrased) 'unlimited amount'.

From the swiftness of the lawsuit -- it appeared that the child's parents and grandparent (SA) were very focused on reaping the rewards of a successful lawsuit.
Who knows why the other set of grands have been silent, but it's possible they were threatened to have money withheld if the lawsuit was successful -- if they spoke against SA or the parents.

It's surprising that the local LE in Chloe's father's (Alan Wiegand) police jurisdiction were so supportive of this lawsuit.
They must know by now that this did not happen the way Kimberly Wiegand and S.A. said it did ?
Imo.
And was very unprofessional of the local LE to immediately come out in support of SA while it was still under investigation and they clearly didn’t know the facts. Everything about this case has been hinky since the get-go , IMO.

The news media has been handling him and her family with kid gloves. Winkleman has earned his fees from a PR standpoint that is for sure.

However, This recent video makes it exceedingly clear that a) his whole upper body is outside that window and b) the amount of time that child was held precariously with seemingly not even 2 hands is not a second or two...it's long enough and he's close enough to know there's NO GLASS THERE! It's all such a bunch of self serving BS!

This case sickens me. News media wake up!
Apart from media , what are family doing continuing defending him ?
Plain to see his actions and intentions in this CCTV.

Apart from media , what are family doing continuing defending him ?
Plain to see his actions and intentions in this CCTV.

If the family doesn't support him, their cash claim against Royal Caribbean Cruise Line for obviously leaving a window open, not having safety signs, stating "Do Not Place Children on Safety Rail, or Outside of Safety Rail" every 2 feet in large red lettering on all rails, on all cruise ships, will be thrown out of court.

So, of course, the cruise line was completely at fault.

If the family doesn't support him, their cash claim against Royal Caribbean Cruise Line for obviously leaving a window open, not having safety signs, stating "Do Not Place Children on Safety Rail, or Outside of Safety Rail" every 2 feet in large red lettering on all rails, on all cruise ships, will be thrown out of court.

So, of course, the cruise line was completely at fault.

Can’t be red because red/green is the most common color blindness color combo. He’d still claim I’ve been told I’m color blind. Riiiiiight. You’re color blind and I’m your worse nightmare. I’d have taken the risk and gone for broke. Tried you to a jury of people that have some brains in their head. But other influences were at play here so the DA opted to offer a plea.
I’m surprised he took it. I guess he was worried he would spend time in jail. IMO, it has nothing to do with the family closing this to move on or whatever kahkahmaymee reason mom wrote. They’re the ones keeping it open. If it’s all about making cruise ship windows safe, you’d lobby for a new law. Chloe’s Law making windows safe on cruise ships. Now, tell us, how exactly would you make a cruise ship window safe?

Can’t be red because red/green is the most common color blindness color combo. He’d still claim I’ve been told I’m color blind. Riiiiiight. You’re color blind and I’m your worse nightmare. I’d have taken the risk and gone for broke. Tried you to a jury of people that have some brains in their head. But other influences were at play here so the DA opted to offer a plea.
I’m surprised he took it. I guess he was worried he would spend time in jail. IMO, it has nothing to do with the family closing this to move on or whatever kahkahmaymee reason mom wrote. They’re the ones keeping it open. If it’s all about making cruise ship windows safe, you’d lobby for a new law. Chloe’s Law making windows safe on cruise ships. Now, tell us, how exactly would you make a cruise ship window safe?
Unfortunately the San Juan prosecutor chose to offer SA a super sweet deal - no jail time, he can serve out his probation in the US and gosh, he didn't even have to make an admission of facts. So he, MW and Chloe's family are free to spew the lie that SA took the deal to "end the family's nightmare." Apparently a declaration of guilt means very little in Puerto Rico.

<sarcasm> I propose that whenever a person gets closer than 2 feet to any and all windows a giant net falls from the ceiling, thus encumbering them and allowing crew members to roll them back to their quarters. One or two times should train them to stay away from the windows. Remove all the balconies.

Oh, and put a deer fence up around the children's play area with a bouncer at the gate. The path out redirects people back to the play area until the kids are too tired to wander off and adults are too tired to follow them into the bar areas. </sarcasm>

Last edited:
Unfortunately the San Juan prosecutor chose to offer SA a super sweet deal - no jail time, he can serve out his probation in the US and gosh, he didn't even have to make an admission of facts. So he, MW and Chloe's family are free to spew the lie that SA took the deal to "end the family's nightmare." Apparently a declaration of guilt means very little in Puerto Rico.

<sarcasm> I propose that whenever a person gets closer than 2 feet to any and all windows a giant net falls from the ceiling, thus encumbering them and allowing crew members to roll them back to their quarters. One or two times should train them to stay away from the windows. Remove all the balconies.

Oh, and put a deer fence up around the children's play area with a bouncer at the gate. The path out redirects people back to the play area until the kids are too tired to wander off and adults are too tired to follow them into the bar areas. </sarcasm>

Yeah, well no one is going on cruises now anyway.

I saw a few photos from his recent appearance. No, I don’t have the link. But he sure looks spiffed up in his double breasted jacket and 40 pound lighter physique. I don’t think it’s because he’s so distraught over Chloe's death. I’m thinking his bad health habits finally caught up with him. Or someone told him you ARE going to straighten your act up or there will be consequences.
Don’t diabetics have peripheral nerve damage in their extremities? That would have been a much better excuse than color blindness. I slipped because my toes...and I could not hold on to her because I, I, I have loss of feelings in my fingers. That’s it. Loss of strength in my fingers.
If only that had been the truth.
ETA: can’t find the pics. They were at the courthouse. Two different angles. With a woman next to him, not his wife, who had white hair and was much shorter than him. She looked like court personnel.
A short woman with white hair accompanied him to his previous court appearances as well; I remember reading that she is his mother, which makes sense - he is 51 or 52 now (50 at the time of the incident) so his mother would be in her 70's or 80's. It also makes sense that he is in poor health; he is obviously obese and probably has diabetes and other diseases associated with obesity. It would also explain why he looks about 20 - 25 years older than his actual age and why the media constantly referred to him as elderly.

bbm
$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Imo.
LE tend to stick together and protect their own, so that would also explain why they accepted Alan's version of events so quickly. Now that time has passed the video has been released, it would be interesting to hear what they are saying among themselves, in private.

A short woman with white hair accompanied him to his previous court appearances as well; I remember reading that she is his mother, which makes sense - he is 51 or 52 now (50 at the time of the incident) so his mother would be in her 70's or 80's. It also makes sense that he is in poor health; he is obviously obese and probably has diabetes and other diseases associated with obesity. It would also explain why he looks about 20 - 25 years older than his actual age and why the media constantly referred to him as elderly.

So where is his supportive family? Mom. Dad. His wife. His mother has to show up?
Putting his mother in the middle of this, if in fact it’s his mother, is appalling. Can you not man up to what you did? You have to drag your mom into this? “Mommie, they are bullies!!!!!“

The sentencing hearing that had been scheduled for December 10th has been moved to February 8 of 2021.
Probably due to Covid travel restrictions.
Not quite sure why they are bothering with a formal sentencing hearing. I was under the impression that he will be doing a community service probation in his hometown, as a concession to his guilty plea.
Unless the judge still has the ability to impose a harsher sentence.

Ahhhhhhh, The Solution!! You've solved The Mystery of the Colorblind Grandpa, MsMarple!!

Not quite sure why they are bothering with a formal sentencing hearing. I was under the impression that he will be doing a community service probation in his hometown, as a concession to his guilty plea.
Unless the judge still has the ability to impose a harsher sentence.
I thought it was going to be conducted virtually.

So where is his supportive family? Mom. Dad. His wife. His mother has to show up?
Putting his mother in the middle of this, if in fact it’s his mother, is appalling. Can you not man up to what you did? You have to drag your mom into this? “Mommie, they are bullies!!!!!“
Well, his wife did accompany him to the press conference with MW, where Kim (her daughter) angrily said that she was suing the cruise line for millions of dollars, SA just looked tearful and sad, and Alan looked like he wished he was a million miles away.

BTW, does anyone know how the civil suit against RC is progressing? I realize that COVID has slowed down court cases everywhere, but surely there must be something happening?

It will be interesting to see if Sam Anello’s sentencing hearing actually occurs tomorrow. If it does, perhaps info regarding the civil case against RCCL will also be released.

I must admit, I’m very curious to learn if the Wiegand family benefits financially from their precious baby’s death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back