Found Deceased IN - Jacqueline Watts, 33, Columbus, 3 March 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last post here for now.

What will LE say. It's got to be one of 3.

A. We have been able to positively rule out any connection to the Delphi murders of Abby and Libby. There is absolutely no connection.

B. Our investigation is ongoing and we can not rule out anything at this time. Everything is on the table.

C. We have established a link.

I don't care what town you're in, I can't imagine anyone would leave their purse, phone, etc. in a running vehicle with the door open to follow a dog or animal that needs help down to the river. It would take virtually no extra time to grab your stuff or at least shut and lock the car door.

I'm still thinking that unfortunately this is a suicide. The only thing that makes me think it could be other mode is that she has her hazzard lights on. Who turns those on before committing suicide?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Before I go to bed (it's past 12:30 midnight here) I am starting to lean towards someone running in front of her car, maybe fake getting hit by her, then she opened the door....my instinct tells me another person, not an animal, is involved here.

Hazards are turned on when you are making a quick, necessary stop and you may be illegally parked or are concerned you are blocking the road.

I also think she's less likely to pull over and chase an animal for a half hour while on her way to catch a flight..

How far is the distance from where her car was found to where she dropped off the animals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think she would have left her car engine running and her car sitting in the street and walked 1/2 mile to the river to end her own life.

My guess is that her COD is going to be blunt force trauma to her head or chest. Or it will be drowning secondary to blunt force trauma of head or chest.

I don't care what town you're in, I can't imagine anyone would leave their purse, phone, etc. in a running vehicle with the door open to follow a dog or animal that needs help down to the river. It would take virtually no extra time to grab your stuff or at least shut and lock the car door.

I'm still thinking that unfortunately this is a suicide. The only thing that makes me think it could be other mode is that she has her hazzard lights on. Who turns those on before committing suicide?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

If she came into foul play someone else could have hit the flashers on

Am I allowed to ask this? If not mods sorry please delete this might be the rumor...any reports on what type of dog she might have been chasing? Has this dog been identified? Did it go swimming? From my many experiences rescuing strays, some of them just don't want to be caught and sOme dogs really love water.

There's a picture online of Jacqueline and her 2 boxers. Beautiful picture. Beautiful lady and beautiful boxers.

I certainly hope her life did not end at the hands of that monster.

Can someone please post that pic and it's source. Anyone know where that was taken? Sorry can't make advanced posts on this device. Tia.

There's a picture online of her and her 2 boxers. Beautiful picture. Beautiful lady and beautiful boxers.

I certainly hope her life did not end at the hands of that monster.

Can someone please post that pic and it's source. Anyone know where that was taken? Sorry can't make advanced posts on this device. Tia.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=jacq...hVj2IMKHam0D8oQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=taKXiRXksA6GwM:
attachment.php

Jackie Watts​

Attachments

• jackie121.jpg
    jackie121.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 372
Okay, just spoke with Tricia and it has been decided that you may discuss your theory that Jacqueline may have been going after a dog.

As the theory is not substantiated by any known fact, you must clearly indicate that it is your theory only (JMO, MOO, IMO).

Beautiful photo.

I wonder if they will be able to give us an official rule out on Monday.

Let me start off by saying that this is extremely tragic. My condolences to Jackie's family, friends, and pets. She was very genuine and had a kind heart. Truly one of a kind.
Additionally, everything stated in this post regarding possible motives is my opinion only and in no way meant to be presented as fact.

I am a Columbus native. I went to high school with Jackie and I lived on Riverside for a number of years. I have a background in Forensic Psychology but do not intend to present my opinion as a professional. However, I have read some comments and questions that I would like to weigh-in on.

1.) There is NO WAY this was a suicide. Jackie would not have taken her own life.
2.) It is very unlikely this case is connected to the A and L case. The demographic doesn't fit. "Similar" isn't good enough for a preferential predator. It has to be exact.
3.) There COULD be a connection between this case and the March 3, 1989 case based on an anniversary killing theory. But the 1989 murder(s) were those of a spree killer, so unless there are other victims yet to be discovered this theory is also unlikely.
4.) It is entirely possible an innocent bystander opened the passenger car door and/or turned on the hazard lights. But if not, J was either forced to leave at gunpoint/bludgeoned by someone impersonating a police officer (won't know until Monday's autopsy) or valued whatever made her leave under her own volition more than her personal belongings (more than likely her own pet and not a stray, but possible).
5.) The water near where J's body was found was much too shallow to drown this time of year and is moderate in temperature (50's) for much of March. However, it is important to note that this particular river is prone to flooding. See: Columbus Flood of 2008
6.) J could have taken four possible routes to her destination from Indianapolis. Three of which are through Taylorsville. (One from Exit 76 on I-65, one on Highway 31 to Washington St. and the other on Highway 31 to Indianapolis Road). The last route is Exit 68 on I-65 to State Road 46.
7.) There are numerous gas stations along each of these routes whereas they are located near major highways and interstates. The two closest gas stations to where her car was found are located on the corner of US 31/National Road and Washington St. (Village Pantry) and on the corner of 11th St. and Washington St. (Marathon).
8.) Noblitt Park is attached to the much more populated Mill Race Park by a series of heavily wooded trails that run alongside the river. Mostly used now for joggers, bikers and fishermen. There are some defunct train trestles back there and some park benches. Noblitt Park itself is rarely used for much of anything. There are a few fields used to practice baseball and a parking lot. Rumored to be a hangout for deviants and drug users. Before being renovated during the late 80's/early 90's into the parks they are today, the entire area used to be populated by impoverished vagabonds and drifters.
9.) The closest golf course is quite far away (at least 2 miles) from the crime scene. Not sure what this speculation is about or where it came from.
10.) Columbus has a very low crime rate. Although it is increasing due to the drug trade (Meth in particular) and a general increase in population due to an expanding job market. With that said, Riverside is one of the most affluent neighborhoods in the city with houses that definitely have security cameras. Whether they will be of any use is yet to be determined.

Unless deemed 'inconclusive,' the results of the autopsy will answer most, if not all the questions we have. It is just a waiting game now. But again, the tragedy of this can not be overstated. So sad.

It's strange to me that so many people seem stuck on this idea that Jacqueline was trying to rescue a dog. I've seen no evidence or even indication that she was doing so in this case, or, more importantly, that she had any history of doing so. Does anybody have any reason to think this?? (Other than that she liked animals, which many of us do. Can anybody confirm that she kept treats, leashes, etc with her to aid in this pursuit?) Seems to me like wild speculation.

Further, (not to be insensitive), but there must be surer ways to end your life than by entering a relatively small body of water.

Finally, it sounds like the car was left on a residential street. If so, there would be no reason to turn on blinkers when stopping at all. Just pull over and park, right? Unless you were trying to indicate trouble, I'd think.

MOO

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I found a previous address for Jackie which is an unfenced house in the 300 block of Flat Rock Rd - almost the midpoint between where her car was left and where her body was found.
My theory here is that her perhaps her own dog ran off while being dropped with her parents. I think searching for your own dog, even with a plane to catch, is feasible. I think leaving your car unattended on a road you know well as you dash to try and rein in your dog is also very possible. As somebody upthread mentioned, there is only so far you would go to chase down a stray, but it's very different if it's your own dog.

I wonder if her dogs were adoptees? Perhaps easily spooked or not good with a change of environment...

ETA: The reason why I am 'stuck' on this idea, is that it fits all the facts. It fits the tone of the press conference, the abandoned car, the timeline. And of course LE have to leave options open until there is confirmation of COD, witness statements etc.

Which way was her car facing? Was the driver's side street side, because if so she would exit passenger side. And if her adrenaline was pumping like I gotta get this dog before it gets hit it seems plausible to leave her purse in a moment of panic. Just sayin from experience, when I see a dog in the middle of the road I freeze, do irrational things, like cause 4 car pile ups

It's strange to me that so many people seem stuck on this idea that Jacqueline was trying to rescue a dog. I've seen no evidence or even indication that she was doing so in this case, or, more importantly, that she had any history of doing so. Does anybody have any reason to think this?? (Other than that she liked animals, which many of us do. Can anybody confirm that she kept treats, leashes, etc with her to aid in this pursuit?) Seems to me like wild speculation.
....snipped with respect...
She was on the board of directors for a animal shelter and had been involved with animal rescue for at least 5 years. Although this could be a less important fact than if it was her own dog she was trying to save.
Ref Indyclaw Rescue Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/indyclaw/?fref=ts

Before I go to bed (it's past 12:30 midnight here) I am starting to lean towards someone running in front of her car, maybe fake getting hit by her, then she opened the door....my instinct tells me another person, not an animal, is involved here.

I thought of that as well. She could have opened her passenger door to retrieve her insurance card...

Side note: I got chills seeing the aerial photos of the cemetery. So similar to Libby and Abby. Surely this is a coincidence. The more I read about this, the more suspicious it seems.

I found a previous address for Jackie which is an unfenced house in the 300 block of Flat Rock Rd - almost the midpoint between where her car was left and where her body was found.
My theory here is that her perhaps her own dog ran off while being dropped with her parents. I think searching for your own dog, even with a plane to catch, is feasible. I think leaving your car unattended on a road you know well as you dash to try and rein in your dog is also very possible. As somebody upthread mentioned, there is only so far you would go to chase down a stray, but it's very different if it's your own dog.

I wonder if her dogs were adoptees? Perhaps easily spooked or not good with a change of environment...

ETA: The reason why I am 'stuck' on this idea, is that it fits all the facts. It fits the tone of the press conference, the abandoned car, the timeline. And of course LE have to leave options open until there is confirmation of COD, witness statements etc.

It is very strange that Jackie's car was found where it was, but her body was found so close to the old Flatrock address:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@39.2194683,-85.9250578,308m/data=!3m1!1e3

<snip>

It is very strange that Jackie's car was found where it was, but her body was found so close to the old Flatrock address:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@39.2194683,-85.9250578,308m/data=!3m1!1e3

<snip>

Again, just a theory, but I think either one of her dogs ran off during the drop-off, or soon afterwards. Often dogs can run too fast to be caught on foot so perhaps she was circling the area in her car and caught sight of it on someone's land. Or possibly she had started her journey home/airport after the drop-off and she got a call from a panicky parent that dog had escaped and she returned to search...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back