GUILTY IN - Joelle Lockwood, 30, Evansville, 9 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.14news.com/story/26469763/missing-evansville-mother-of-two-held-captive-since-july-9

Wait. What?! So they just tell the ex husband to come on over and hang out? And oh by the way, look at this new cool pet we got!

What the &$@%#^

After watching this video http://www.tristatehomepage.com/stor...DESOzk9JNpSurQ I came to much the same assumption as gitana1, that he was there for partying. I also gathered he may have been under an impression there would be a sexual encounter in it for him with someone, possibly one of their friends, a druggie, or maybe even a prostitute, but in no way did he ever suspect it to be a caged slave. Also JMO, but it probably wasn't until after the ex-wife was feeling the effects of the pain patch that she mentioned the cage.

I'm surprised this story/case isn't bigger news. This is scary stuff and might be bigger than just Joelle's case.

Agreed gitana. How is this not national?

Since she was found over the weekend, I wonder if it will take until Monday before this case gets increased national publicity. Here's to hoping.

Lock their cells and throw away the key.

I'm glad that Joelle and "Mountain" were able to get away from that crazy house. It could have ended very badly.

You guys, hello? Anyone there? Omg! :(

Once again, as in Abby's case, failed mission.

jmo

we need to step it up guys, seriously. :( over and out.

WOW!! What a miracle she was found, and can be reunited with her family!!!

That cage....shesh...my dog's cage is bigger than that, and she doesn't even have to live in it. :( What cruelty to Jolelle!!!

I'm kinda hoping this doesn't make national news. Can you imagine the healing she needs now? It also reminds me of a book I read one time, it was based on real life, young lady was picked up, and kept under the bed. She was eventually allowed out of the house, but was brainwashed to believe her captors were a part of this national group, and no matter where she went, she would be found, and brought back. Scary!!! But sure makes you wonder how many more of our missing are right in our neighborhoods.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the timeline. Before I consider this guy a hero, I want to know for sure that he didn't "partake" in the evil "festivities" before the big rescue. Granted, it's just a thought I had and the bottom line is she is home and alive, but I'm not ready to nominate him for sainthood just yet. Jmo.

I do wonder about Megan Nichols possibly being one of these peoples victims and maybe they done something to her. She went missing (ran away) 6 days before Joelle did. I dont see it in Kristys case because they already had Joelle caged up.

I thought about that, too. But Megan was pretty far from Posey County when she left, and I believe she was on a bicycle. Would be a long way for her to go, and I doubt that couple was trolling in the Fairfield area. Still, I hope the police at least question them about it.

I'm kinda hoping this doesn't make national news. Can you imagine the healing she needs now? It also reminds me of a book I read one time, it was based on real life, young lady was picked up, and kept under the bed. She was eventually allowed out of the house, but was brainwashed to believe her captors were a part of this national group, and no matter where she went, she would be found, and brought back. Scary!!! But sure makes you wonder how many more of our missing are right in our neighborhoods.

That case...One of the scariest books I've ever read. That poor woman. :(

Did neither of these two work a job? Have friends over? Not have children? I don't how people live any more. I live along, but my adult children and grands are in and out of here every weekend. I doubt I could hide a live person in my house! Makes me wonder if others knew and were ok with it! This woman thought nothing of her ex coming in there and leaving.

Well it finally made national news. They just covered it on HLN. This story is the stuff of nightmares.

Lockwood was allegedly abducted by House after he offered her a ride after a party. Sheriff Oeth said that the two had gone to high school together.

At House's suggestion Lockwood agreed to go back to his trailer.

'Once they arrived there, he forced her to stay and confined her,' Oeth said. 'As the investigation is progressing, this looks like there's more of a sexual motive.'

According to police Tooley has admitted to police that Lockwood was abducted and held, but House has so far refused to cooperate with authorities.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aring-belt-like-dog-collar.html#ixzz3Cjg7zDEU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I think he was a hero. A hard partying hero but hero none the less. I totally get why he took the time to get her out rather than call 911, he isn't the sort to think about calling cops when there is something he can do...and can you imagine the hostage situation if he did.

I actually thought he was an excellent witness given that he was telling the story right after it happened and hadn't much time to frame it for a court room, just what happened as it happened. He was sincere, honest about taking drugs up to them, "medications and pain patches and jack daniels"

Joelle is one lucky girl he came along. Mountain deserves the reward.

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/story/d/story/-/I36f5nXgDESOzk9JNpSurQ

n this two-part, thirty minute interview, is the horror story as told by the eventual hero - Joelle's rescuer, Ronald Higgs - begins two months ago in the middle of the night on Fulton Avenue in Evansville.
Higgs says Ricky House spotted Joelle walking - they were acquantinces so he asked her to go to his house. Higgs says when she got there, she was gagged with chloroform, stripped of her clothes and locked in a cage.

We want to warn you... some of what you're about to hear may be disturbing.

Wow. That was powerful. Thank God for his intervention. May he be blessed beyond all understanding.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the timeline. Before I consider this guy a hero, I want to know for sure that he didn't "partake" in the evil "festivities" before the big rescue. Granted, it's just a thought I had and the bottom line is she is home and alive, but I'm not ready to nominate him for sainthood just yet. Jmo.

I tend to agree with you. Did you note at the beginning of the interview how he stated that He and Joelle were trying to talk, but he was going to" bypass how they had to do the talking, in the interest of not embarrassing anybody" , but he wouldn't go into details of how exactly it was that they were talking? He stated that "she finally got through to me what she was trying to say".

What did they do, have a fake make-out session ? Was there some sort of sex act going on so she could spend time with him alone and tell her story ?

He mentions she kept putting her head down and then bringing it back up. It also sounded like the other couple was sitting right there in the room the whole time.

Listen to the first interview again at 11:15 on the clock timer (it runs backwards).

What the hell kind of people are these ? Are they from this planet ?

I totally agree. There are too many unanswered questions. Did they call him up and let him know there was a woman there he might be interested in? Why did he stay 2 days after knowing Joelle was being kept captive - no-one was keeping him prisoner, he could have left any time and notified LE or called them from his phone. Why did he offer to buy her?

I think he realized that after spending 2 days there, that if the situation came to light, he could be charged along with this sick couple. Note, he didn't take Joelle to the nearest police station - he took her back to his place to shower (possibly losing any dna evidence in the process).

I'm so glad Joelle was freed, and things worked out the way they did, but I don't think he was exactly the hero, he is claiming to be.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He admits himself that he only has an 8th grade education so maybe he just didn't think everything through. In his interview, he says he thought she was willing (he thought they were just "kinky") but when they were doing whatever they were doing, she found a way to tell him that she wanted out and he figured it out.

He doesn't seem to want to be called a hero and from what I've heard, he did not collect the reward either. He may not be completely innocent (sounds like he did something sexually with Joelle) but I think he didn't realize what was going on until after/during that encounter.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He admits himself that he only has an 8th grade education so maybe he just didn't think everything through. In his interview, he says he thought she was willing (he thought they were just "kinky") but when they were doing whatever they were doing, she found a way to tell him that she wanted out and he figured it out.

He doesn't seem to want to be called a hero and from what I've heard, he did not collect the reward either. He may not be completely innocent (sounds like he did something sexually with Joelle) but I think he didn't realize what was going on until after/during that encounter.

This is exactly my thoughts too, I could be wrong but that's exactly what I'm thinking

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*
Back