IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it has come out which lake specifically ....so the lake being the one at that intersection of Yankeetown, where MT Gilead comes to a stop at it, I think is speculating...although it does appear highly likely.
Maybe a local will find out or MSM will report.

I don't think it has come out which lake specifically ....so the lake being the one at that intersection of Yankeetown, where MT Gilead comes to a stop at it, I think is speculating...although it does appear highly likely.
Maybe a local will find out or MSM will report.

http://www.14news.com/story/2655115...y-kelleys-body-found-inside-submerged-vehicle
Sheriff Brett Kruse says an independent sonar search and recovery group located Kristy's vehicle submerged in a lake at the intersection of Mt. Gilead Rd. and Yankeetown Rd. around 4:15 p.m. Tuesday.

Sad for her kids and family. I never could rule out accident in a body of water. Even when told it was impossible and before I ever heard of stripper pits. I know that's not where she was found but it seems there was enough water sources for her to be in. RIP Kristy, I'm so sorry.

ohh...If you are referring to the J.C. some how I don't think an 80 something yr old is tripping the light fantastic until the wee hours...I venture to guess there is hired personnel

^on the mantra, etc

So very sad, my heart sank when I read the news. I hope they are able to figure out if foul play was involved. Rip Kristy

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zZ5px4sAbxvs.kwdKIsYs1ck8

I made up a quick Google satellite map--zoom in to see the location of the accident.

Looks like maybe she did go back towards the VFW, took S Pelzer road to Mt. Gilead road. She could have easily got up to 50-60 mph along that stretch of road. She missed the stop sign at Mt. Gilead and Yankeetown and drove straight into the stipper pit. I imagine they will at least put up a highway guardrail at that location now.

Maybe she just wasn't familiar with that area and blew through the stop sign at 50 mph----no skid marks, no sign of damage. When I scale the map, the distance from the stop sign to the center of the water is about 180 feet. At 60 mph you would travel that far in a matter of seconds at full speed.

It's easy to see how it could have happened once you see the location. I'll bet the people that live in that house right next to where she was discovered are freaking out right now.

But there are so many roads that she could have taken to go back for her phone. Why would she be so far south of Boonville?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zZ5px4sAbxvs.kwdKIsYs1ck8

I made up a quick Google satellite map--zoom in to see the location of the accident.

Looks like maybe she did go back towards the VFW, took S Pelzer road to Mt. Gilead road. She could have easily got up to 50-60 mph along that stretch of road. She missed the stop sign at Mt. Gilead and Yankeetown and drove straight into the stipper pit. I imagine they will at least put up a highway guardrail at that location now.

Maybe she just wasn't familiar with that area and blew through the stop sign at 50 mph----no skid marks, no sign of damage. When I scale the map, the distance from the stop sign to the center of the water is about 180 feet. At 60 mph you would travel that far in a matter of seconds at full speed.

It's easy to see how it could have happened once you see the location. I'll bet the people that live in that house right next to where she was discovered are freaking out right now.

I will be interested in the medical examiner's report if she had water in her lungs. If not, then that will be foul play. If she does have water in her lungs, then that will be indicative to an accident. We shall see...

I will be interested in the medical examiner's report if she had water in her lungs. If not, then that will be foul play. If she does have water in her lungs, then that will be indicative to an accident. We shall see...

I'd be surprised if this is anything but an accident. Disposing of a body by dumping her inside her car in a lake would be a huge gamble (as far as someone seeing you). I think she was probably much more intoxicated than the bartender suspected (or is letting on). Or maybe a combo of alcohol, being tired, and not seeing well at night.

Knowing that she was heading out of town makes the whole phone ordeal even more mysterious. Why didnt she go back for it? And why wasnt there any calls on there to anyone in that area she may have been headed to see?

Maybe she hadn't even realized yet that she forgot her phone.

Anyone find it interesting that she was found literally just hours after that 10,000 reward was offered?

But her car, if it was her car on video, shows her headed north on Hwy 62. Why would she head back toward town, and all those businesses, homes... and then be found so far south? It would take a lot of turns to get to that intersection. Again, the ME report will show water in her lungs or not. That is the key to determining accident or foul play. I hope they release a statement about this today. Her phone being left and now her being found so far south... doesn't make sense to me. Just my opinion, though. I'll be glued to the television all day, that's for sure.

I'd be surprised if this is anything but an accident. Disposing of a body by dumping her inside her car in a lake would be a huge gamble (as far as someone seeing you). I think she was probably much more intoxicated than the bartender suspected (or is letting on). Or maybe a combo of alcohol, being tired, and not seeing well at night.

RIP Kristy...Prayers for her kids and her family and friends.:(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214