IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't things get complicated. We are really suggesting here that one crime led to another. The first crime has been so commonplace for decades, indeed some of our top politicians admit to drug use during their college years. And we speculate that to avoid accountability for this action a death may have been covered up and the body removed. Meanwhile, parents are left to grieve. The inhumanity of it, if it is true, is the real indictment, the biggest crime.

Today's Presser was strange. Capt. Q made it very clear that there was no video confirmation of either the "dark skinned mystery man" at 3:38 or LS walking towards College at 4:30. Unless there was a video directed at these spots, the statement is meaningless. If there was no camera, the lack of a video has no significance. We really don't know if LE is looking for the mystery man or has ruled him out or what. What these statement do tend to suggest is the LE doesn't buy JR's story. This puts him as Prime Suspect. I think they are trying to get him to talk/cooperate.

JW's roommate has alibi’ed him apparently. I find this pretty convincing. All along, I felt the only way he was involved is if this was a jealousy/rage type murder. If it was, JW would not have involved anyone else and no one would have covered for him if he did. If it were an accidental OD, I don't see any role for him in that scenario.

LE's continuing refusal to name the person LS was with at 2:51 is harder to explain. If it’s anyone but CR, it would blow the case wide open. If it is CR, the only reason not to say so that can think of is to put additional pressure on JR. Let people think it might have been JR.
It seems like JR must have given a statement early in the game; perhaps on June 3 after LS was first reported missing, where he describes seeing her as rounded 11th going down College. What we don't know is what else he told them. Were others there? Who? Apparently he did not mention the call to DR.

Where did you get the info the JW's roommate can give him an alibi? I have not seen anything like this.

As a person I agree 100%. As an attorney, probably not so much. Like I said, I don't practice crim law, but I'm pretty certain a defense attorney would advise her client to keep his mouth shut. The attorneys, while not necessarily trying to be uncooperative, act in the best interest of their clients. Unfortunately that is at odds with what LE is trying to do. We attorneys ruin everything, lol.

Everyone should watch this video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/ame]

I hate to say it but even if you are innocent, you should never talk to the police.

But what would he do if one of his relatives of friends went missing? Just ignore it?

Everyone who OD's does so one night, as opposed to any other. There is no equation as to how the body reacts to certain drugs. Its a risk you take everytime with certain drugs, especially when done in conjunction with one another. Add a heart problem to that and you have a game of roulette. Not saying this is what happened, but it is easy to see how it is at least a possibility.

True, but when someone has strong feelings about something they may use more and/or different substances than they are used to. I think a fight with a boyfriend, or even feeling guilty about a new relationship are both reasons someone may imbibe more than usual. The more you use at one time, the more likely you will OD, obviously.

June 22, 2011 News Conference
Captain JQ:

“We had spoken with someone.” He said investigators “do not have any video evidence that supports what had been reported by that particular witness.” Witness accounts can be off, he said.

“I can’t say that she didn’t see Lauren,” Qualters continued. “It does not appear that she saw Lauren at the time that was reported by other sources.”

Police have reviewed an estimated 300 hours of video footage, Qualters said, and there’s still more to review.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/22/news.qp-4391232.sto

I'm wondering how LE have already reviewed 300 hours of video footage and still have more? The hours in question are about 12:30 to maybe 5:00 so do they have 60 or 70 video cameras' footage? This confuses me, I would have thought they had already reviewed all the footage.

It seems like JR must have given a statement early in the game; perhaps on June 3 after LS was first reported missing, where he describes seeing her as rounded 11th going down College. What we don't know is what else he told them. Were others there? Who? Apparently he did not mention the call to DR.

JR's statement about seeing her round the corner has been strange to me from the beginning. It sounds like something a person would quickly think of mntioning if they were trying to get out of a situation..

The idea being that if you say you saw her round the corner, she's not your responsibility anymore and you somehow cleared yourself. I personally believe that others were there and are involved.. JR maybe made that statement trying to cover for himself and others.. not sure. All the statements about the night after about 2:45AM are lacking details and sound very suspicious to me.

That 3:30 - 4:00 am time period is still sketchy. Or did I miss something?

That 3:30 - 4:00 am time period is still sketchy. Or did I miss something?

Yes, it's still sketchy.. most definitely. For the record, I don't believe any of the statements made after about 2:45AM. And from what I can tell, LE doesn't believe them either.. It's also just kinda coincidental that there are no cameras anywhere around in the last hours of the night.. weird.

"But, but, but, I do not think there is enough evidence to arrest or convict him. There are other scenarios still possible, and not highly improbable."

Oh I agree entirely. But I don't believe there are any that involve CR or MB without JR's knowledge, nor do I believe that JR would continue to cover the others for something for which he has no responsibility.

As to the notion that JR is covering for JW, that is 100% inconsistent with my understanding of the attitude of JW's friends towards JR. Even apart from that, I see no reason why JR would do so - sharing a fraternity membership alone is not enough when you are facing a potential manslaughter charge or worse.

Re the question about JR's roommates - it is my understanding that he had 4 (one of the units at 5NT is a 5-bedroom, though I don't know that this is JR's), that none of them are his fraternity brothers, and that all of them had left Bloomington prior to the night in question, ie he presumably had the apartment to himself, unless there was a subletter.

As to the continuing discontent with JW's public profile - perhaps he is not giving the public attention to the investigation you desire because he has a very good idea/theory about what happened to LS, and believes that the only fruitful avenue of investigation involves greater responsiveness from another POI over whom he has no control.

As to his going home, he did so after a week to 10 days in town (he was present as of at least the 9th and probably the 10th) with his probably dead girlfriend's face plastered all over town. People seem to be angry at him for not sating their desire to prove something to them, rather than doing whatever he can, without a public profile, for police and LS's family. While I can't speak directly to the former, it is my impression that the latter have no problem with JW.

Re: the 2:30 witnesses and whether information got back to JW, it is my (possibly mis)understanding that one group of JW's friends were with him (at their unofficial frat place 10 blocks from Smallwood) until that time, when he went to bed, and that another group (which I have seen characterized as friends of LS as well as JW, and also identified as including unidentified POIs) were surprised to encounter LS and CR at the same time (perhaps conveniently simultaneously, I might agree) at Smallwood. While that confrontation, certainly, and perhaps also the reported second "confrontation" at 5 North were between CR and friends of JW, my perception is that perhaps the former and certainly the latter (assuming it occurred after LS was discovered missing) were concerned for LS's safety, given not just CR's intentions but the recreational activity of the evening, as much if not moreso than they were for JW/LS's relationship, which some such as HT have emphasized (perhaps unconvincingly, I might agree) was solid and unlikely to be strayed from. Whatever the concern at that time, my perception now is that JW's friends are far more concerned about what JR may have done than what CR did. I agree that that would be logical at this point, from a strategic perspective, in the event that they were seeking to manage expectations on behalf of JW, but I find that eventuality rather improbable - the interests of the frat are strong enough to rally around one guy's crime while blaming it on another member? Come on.

Again, my purpose is not to take attention off JW. It is to put it on whoever else may be responsible, whether that is JR (which I believe quite possible) and/or an unknown person (also possible), or another POI (which I believe less probable).

Re what someone said about "daddy's lawyer," by the way, I don't believe that any of the POIs have hired someone who represented a relative, but my perception is that JR's very wealthy family (check their address), which includes an attorney, is responsible for arranging his big-time representation, which has already been discussed here. I believe JW has hired a 35-year old local (who interestingly has a substantial background in area drug prosecution/investigation).

Sounds to me like they are reviewing footage more out of that central area. Maybe, even trying to figure out which way a certain vehicle may have traveled. They have said that JR's sighting at 4:30 can not be cooroborated(sp). They have also mentioned that they have not spoken with 2 or 3 specific individuals. Did they get the info about him seeing her at 4:30 from him or from the roommate? This is just what I take from it all at this point... moo right now. That could change at any time. Also, I did read a good post by some of the Spierer family about a lot of stuff in the media being untrue.

Sadly, this is one of those cases I feel has sunk slowly into the Western Sky.

Maura Murray, Kyron Horman, Brittanee Drexel, Natalee Holloway, Jason Jolkowski, Rachel Cooke, and SO MANY others, and now Lauren Spierer. Their cases seemed so solvable at the time. In the first few days. Now, despite absolutely heroic efforts on the part of their families and friends, they're gone forever.

A week or so ago, I let you guys know that my boss' daughter was walking in the alley about 30 minutes prior to Lauren. She had reported it to the PD because although she didn't see Lauren or notice anything strange, she felt that it was important to tell that to the police.

The original call, the PD had her on the phone for over an hour asking several routine questions.

My boss told me today that they have called her twice since then to ask additional questions.

So even though we dont hear about all of the work that LE is doing on this case, they are apparently taking everything very seriously and are investigating everything thoroughly....otherwise they wouldn't have called her twice after she has already told them she didn't see anything.

I didn't talk to her personally, so I dont know what kind of questions they asked her. I'm FB friends with her, so I might pry a bit by sending her a message.

I wonder what kind of questions they are asking her when they call her. Perhaps trying to verify the "witnesses" statement? Maybe they had asked her if she saw the white truck?

I guess even though she didn't see Lauren in the alley, she could still have some information that may be helpful to the PD.

I've said all along that I think something happened in that alley, or at least someone approached her. This girl said she walked down the alley 30 mins. prior. My guess is that they asked her what she was wearing, where she was headed, etc., as well as what time she walked down there. We've already established that the time is "off' on the videos. If this girl can say, "I know that I was walking down there at 2:00", it would allow LE to substantiate the time on the video. I can see that - but to call her back TWICE? Sure sounds like they were wanting to know if she saw/heard anything later, or noticed anyone lurking around before LS/and "friend" walked that way.

The POI's from after 3AM such as CR, JR, MB etc. Do any of them have an attached garage on their apartments/townhome or whatever.. that's what it looked like in some pictures but I'm not sure I was looking at the right place.
Thanks

LE's continuing refusal to name the person LS was with at 2:51 is harder to explain.

I find it easy to explain - I may well be wrong but as far as I can recall, LE has not named any individual in connection with any particular point on the timeline. The naming has been done by the media relying on the statements of attorneys and others. If that individual is not CR, then MB is lying about their return to the apartment. MB has been polygraphed. I have little doubt that it's CR.

The POI's from after 3AM such as CR, JR, MB etc. Do any of them have an attached garage on their apartments/townhome or whatever.. that's what it looked like in some pictures but I'm not sure I was looking at the right place.
Thanks
5 North does not have an attached garage.

Other names:

KT - JR's roommate?
AR - Roommate and friend of LS
AS - Roommate and friend of LS
BW - Friend, former roommate of LS.
SG - Friend of LS, from NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online