IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose what I'm attempting to figure out, is how this person, who supposidly picked Lauren up and threw her over his shoulder, is connected to both Lauren and the boys in 5 North. If they are indeed connected in some way, then wouldn't the boys in 5 North recognize the discription that was given by the person who you interviewed? It's out there in the public pool now, but no one has come forward to identify that person.

I should add, not that we know about as yet.

There is no indication whatsoever that such a person exists.

Since LE was pretty clear that they have iD'ed everyone with LS, don't you think they may have figured out for themselves (from the sketch made) who this person may have been?

At least as of 6/10, they were not sure they had identified all POIs. As of 6/22, there was perhaps one or two secondary tier individuals they had not interviewed. I'm not sure they've id'd everyone.

I watched that video that someone posted yesterday about why you shouldn't talk to the police.

If HT truly is innocent...she is a prime example of why you shouldn't talk to police. Her stories are becoming inconsistent and she could be incriminating herself against a crime she didn't commit.

I completely DISagree with this. You should always talk to the police, if you want to help find your friend.

It's just that someone's story should normally add up, and there are things about her that don't add up.

Since LE was pretty clear that they have iD'ed everyone with LS, don't you think they may have figured out for themselves (from the sketch made) who this person may have been?

LE never confirmed that this person exists in a first place.
In fact, LE seem to be discounting the account of that eyewitness altogether.

I keep thinking about the runaway bride case. Remember that? The woman who made up a story about being kidnapped and then stayed away for awhile? I know it's not at all likely, but the part of me that wants a happy ending keeps thinking...maybe she just passed out somewhere, and by the time she spent 14 hours sleeping it off, there was already a full-out search going on for her and she was too embarrassed/ashamed to come forward.

Well that one did not want to get married. What would be a reason for LS to do this?

A young college girl is missing and possibly deceased.Her parents are searching for her.These kids put their name out there,when they decided to hang around with Lauren that night and party with her.This is the choice they made.If drugs were involved, also their decision.If I were the parents of a missing daughter and I knew these kids hung around with her,that night I wouldn't give one second of a thought to putting their names out there.I believe there are too many conflicting stories about that night and they know someone is lying. I would not care how much money their parents had or who their lawyers are.I would want answers.I believe the Spierer's are not leaving without their daughter dead or alive.I can't feel sorry for these other kids,at least their parents know where they are and they are alive.LE knows a lot more than they are saying.

But that's unfair. Not every person who we assume to be a POI necessarily hung around her and partied with her. What about they kid who found her keys? What about her roommate? What about the boyfriend? I am VERY against drugs, more than anyone can imagine. But even I would fall short of believing that a kid making a bad decision to hang around a girl and do drugs with her, necessarily means that he made the choice to "put their name out there." I totally agree with you though, that it shouldn't matter how much money they have, or their lawyer's name. I'd want ANSWERS. My home was broken into a few years ago and believe me, I was on FIRE. I had a police officer, a detective with a crime dog, and an investigator at my house and NOT ONE even noticed that I had 3 sliced window screens out back. My husband discovered this 3 days later. I crawled on my hands and knees and found the broken object that they had used to slice the screens, days later. Long story short, I discovered other things, and called the police with some names and basically solved the crime myself. They picked the WRONG house.

What I'm wondering...Why would JR let LS leave if he knew she didn't have her keys? Why would LS WANT to even attempt to go back to her apartment if she knew she didn't have her keys? Unless she just wanted to get out of there if she didn't feel comfortable with JR for some reason. I don't think she would have tried to go back to her apartment if she didn't have her keys. If that was me, I would have either 1. Went to someone else's apartment where I felt comfortable to stay the night or 2. Retraced my steps to find my keys. But I still don't know why JR would have let her leave if she knew she had no way of getting into the building. Unless they were calling DR to see if he could let her inside, and since he didn't answer she said she would wait around for someone to let her in? Didn't they say somewhere that it was easy to get into the building without a key card, that people will just swipe you in if they see you? But she would have to have been pretty confident that there would definitely be people there at 4:30am to let her in...And she really must have not wanted to stay at JR's, because honestly, I would have just stayed at his place if I was wasted and had lost literally ALL of my belongings..The only other scenario I can think of right now is that she made JR think that she was leaving to go back to her apartment, and once she turned the corner she waited for him to go back inside and then she went back to the apartment complex to go to CR/MB's (I think this is unlikely though). I would be curious to know where JW lives. If I was locked out of my building the first place I would think of to go would be my boyfriend's. Or to another friend's if it was closer.

I completely DISagree with this. You should always talk to the police, if you want to help find your friend.

It's just that someone's story should normally add up, and there are things about her that don't add up.

Almost everything HT says, she is reporting 2nd handedly. Honestly, I'd find her suspect if she made perfect sense. It is natural to sound off to folks scrutinizing your every word when you are meshing the accounts of several of your friends' night together. IMO.

Either they are discounting it, or they aren't. If they haven't confirmed it, doesn't mean to me that they don't feel that this person exists.

I watched the press-conference. Nothing to me suggested they believe such a person ever existed. They certainly have nothing on video to support the claim of that eyewitness.

What I'm wondering...Why would JR let LS leave if he knew she didn't have her keys? Why would LS WANT to even attempt to go back to her apartment if she knew she didn't have her keys?

That's a really good point. I guess it's a possibility she wasn't aware she didn't have her keys? Seems unlikely, though, because she was apparently aware she didn't have her phone if she was 'calling DR'.

Haha....it was "interesting"? I thought it was kinda dumb but all I could think of at the time LOL. I'm a little confused though. If my neighbors all said that she did this regularly (break into houses to steal food), then yes, I could understand her being arrested. But in the case with the boys, people aren't saying that they regularly hide bodies or kill people. They're saying that they regularly do drugs. So, wouldn't the presumption be on an arrest for drugs, rather than murder or concealing a body? Sorry - not trying to beat a dead horse - just very confused on this one. Thanks.

Lol, I didn't think it was dumb. LE likely would be able to charge some of the POIs with a drug-related offense. Did you ever hear the phrase "trumped-up charges?" The point of doing that would be to detain them for questioning, where they could then ask about other stuff (or at least have them, if they're a flight risk).

I watched the press-conference. Nothing to me suggested they believe such a person ever existed. They certainly have nothing on video to support the claim of that eyewitness.

Which makes sense because there is no indication of video being available in the area where the witness was reported.

I have the feeling I should delete my JW related post... I didnt know the WS community could be so accusatory. The way that I'm choosing to look at this case atm is through who was last seen and known to be with LS... JR, MB, CR etc. Forgive me for making it seem like I'm some JW supporter, I don't support anybody but LS and her family.

No, please don't delete any posts! I'm not a very good sleuth myself, so I welcome everyone's opinions & theories. Even if we don't all agree (which we never will!)

Yes, I would normally think that too. I would always be willing to help...especially if it was my friend.

But you obviously didn't watch that video that I was referring to...it could change your perspective...it did mine....

Which makes sense because there is no indication of video being available in the area where the witness was reported.

He said they saw LS on video approximately an hour before the eyewitness claimed she supposedly saw her. Furthermore this eyewitness account doesn't fit into the timeline. LE seem to indicate in their view it doesn't fit. They are certainly not looking for this "dark skinned male." Why so much insistence it can be true?

He said they saw LS on video approximately an hour before the eyewitness claimed she supposedly saw her. Furthermore this eyewitness account doesn't fit into the timeline. Why so much insistence it can be true? It doesn't fit at all. LE seem to indicate in their view it doesn't fit.

It's because I find Tony's blog another interesting take on things. I don't feel that he is causing any misdirection on Lauren's case. Anything is possible in this case.

He said they saw LS on video approximately an hour before the eyewitness claimed she supposedly saw her. Furthermore this eyewitness account doesn't fit into the timeline. Why so much insistence it can be true? It doesn't fit at all. LE seem to indicate in their view it doesn't fit.

Probably because she was willing to go on the record and recount what she saw...contrasted to the lack of information coming in from other sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member