IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yesterday the local paper had a sizeable article about cocaine. It reads almost like a PSA in some respects, but it is basically an educational piece about cocaine in our community. I thought that odd and telling.

Thanks again for sharing.

What paper? The star of the Herald-Times? If it is the fishrag H-T, I'd actually be impressed if they're hinting at a problem in the community.

True, but they can begin to put pressure on people to come clean. And, let's say the guys she was with (JR, CR, MB, etc) aren't the DD, but clearly know the DD and know what happened (or at least that she was on the way there?).... they could be offered immunity and even protection to talk.

And all of that would be behind-the-scenes work that we would know nothing about as it's happening.

That's what I'm really hoping -- that there's a lot going on that we don't know about... and that it's leading toward resolution!

Any veteran sleuths know if it's accepted practice for LE to intentionally give misinformation to the public in order to protect the integrity of a case? I'm talking about bald-face lie. (Disclaimer: This is not meant to be demeaning of or even a judgement of LE. I've not had issue with them throughout this.)

What paper? The star of the Herald-Times? If it is the fishrag H-T, I'd actually be impressed if they're hinting at a problem in the community.

H-T. They were not hinting. They were direct. Abby T. and Christie M.
IU picked it up in their news reel yesterday.

Any veteran sleuths know if it's accepted practice for LE to intentionally give misinformation to the public in order to protect the integrity of a case? I'm talking about bald-face lie. (Disclaimer: This is not meant to be demeaning of or even a judgement of LE. I've not had issue with them throughout this.)

Yes, Jupiter. LE will lie through their teeth to protect the integrity of the case.

LE/FBI allowed the newsmedia to run with the theory that the Atlanta child killer was a white male. In fact, they knew the killer was AA because there were no sightings of a white male in the AA neighborhoods from where the boys went missing. This is just one example that I can think of this early in the am:crazy:

wm

Can someone kindly direct me to where I can see photos of ZO and AB? (if there are any)

TIA

wm

Yes, Jupiter. LE will lie through their teeth to protect the integrity of the case.

LE/FBI allowed the newsmedia to run with the theory that the Atlanta child killer was a white male. In fact, they knew the killer was AA because there were no sightings of a white male in the AA neighborhoods from where the boys went missing. This is just one example that I can think of this early in the am:crazy:

wm

Thank you! So where I'm going with this is the white truck. I've just never been content with their explanation. Too neat and efficient as though they wanted to erase it from the collective mindset. And they did! Except not totally. ;)

Something about the confrontation at Smallwood does not add up. I'm starting to wonder if the basic premise (which was to protect LS from CR by ZO) got entirely switched around.
Meaning, LS leaves Kilroys with CR to get her to her room. Instead, she decides to continue partying with ZO's involvement. CR and ZO butt heads.

Hopefully a local will see this. Is it possible to enter 10th and College apts without being seen on camera? I didn't think so. I remember a light being broken that I think may have been on the corner of that building. If so, even if there is a camera, possibly not enough light to get a picture?

Thank you! So where I'm going with this is the white truck. I've just never been content with their explanation. Too neat and efficient as though they wanted to erase it from the collective mindset. And they did! Except not totally. ;)

I agree about the white truck, Jupiter. I have thought it hinky that the truck was the ONLY vehicle caught on video in the area during the hours of 'activity' with LS and others.

In that pic of ZO and the white truck on TG's site, does that white truck actually belong to ZO?

Just my :twocents:

wm

Hopefully a local will see this. Is it possible to enter 10th and College apts without being seen on camera? I didn't think so. I remember a light being broken that I think may have been on the corner of that building. If so, even if there is a camera, possibly not enough light to get a picture?

I was just going to post something in this regard. I believe there to be a few ways in to that building: North entrance (north side of the arcade facing College), South entrance (south side of the arcade facing College), and elevators inside parking garage. All of these are covered by cameras. Cameras are also present covering some of the interior hallways similar to Smallwood.

I agree about the white truck, Jupiter. I have thought it hinky that the truck was the ONLY vehicle caught on video in the area during the hours of 'activity' with LS and others.

In that pic of ZO and the white truck on TG's site, does that white truck actually belong to ZO?

Just my :twocents:

wm

That white truck is the front end of an SUV, not a pick-up.

Just speculation here - and I'm admittedly never the best at piecing together timing, cameras, etc., so forgive me if I'm missing a piece. But, could LS have arranged to meet her dealer at Smallwood? Maybe that what the intended place (her apt, perhaps?) for the re-up to take place, or for her to at least sync up w/ dealer & co. to go elsewhere.

I can imagine a few things happening if that were the case. Maybe LS then realizes it can't happen in her room since she can't get in. Might annoy the dealer a bit since he came all the way out there... But Lauren wants her high, so she follows to a new location. Maybe even "borrowed" JR's apt for this purpose?

Secondly, and independent of my first thought... I wouldn't be surprised if Lauren borrowed a phone, called her dealer, and the convo went something along the lines of "hey, it's ME, Lauren... Meet ME at my apt...etc." Deals aren't usually a meet "us" type of scenario, unless these introductions have already been made. Might explain a lot about why someone was NOT happy to see her walk up with CR. And, the likely (IMO) "Who's he? He's not coming with us" reaction (which I'd assume would be conveyed which much less pleasantries) would, IMO be a sure catalyst for words to be exchanged - words that could easily escalate to a physical altercation.

JMO...

Maybe the fight was because CR let her get to messed up before going to sports. Then she is there foaming at that mouth, and telling everyone that she is messed up on pills and coke. Maybe she is also telling people where she got her drugs from and is using ZO's name in front of people. He hears about it,meets them at Smallwood to confront CR for getting her this messed up.

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while and I've missed a lot of the last two weeks of threads, so I apologize if something I say conflicts with prior info.

I've been chatting about the LS disappearance with some people familiar with the Bloomington party scene, and what they've told me is interesting. This is all hearsay, and I have no idea if it's true or not, but I thought it would be worth passing on.

- LS apparently is a lot heavier into the party/drugs scene than some here have suspected, and would often get together with a particular group of people to do hard drugs, primarily cocaine.

- Prior to going to Sports, LS and other (unnamed) people had done a larger than normal amount of cocaine. While at Sports, LS was indeed incoherent and "practically foaming at the mouth", and she was sent home to Smallwood by her companions.
- Once she got to Smallwood, LS informed someone (unnamed) that she was going to a well-known dealer's house to get more cocaine. That was the last time this particular group saw her.

- It's suspected by this group of people that LS got drugs from this dealer, the dealer let her stay in his place, he passed out, and when he woke up she was dead from an OD, and her body was subsequently dumped.

- The police have been told all of this by multiple people in this group.

This does not surprise me at all. Looking at her pictures - she goes from looking very robust (even if she's petite) to looking skeletal with hollowed out eyes. That's the classic look of someone who does a lot of coke (not necessarily an addict, not implying that). I've seen it many times.

This does not surprise me at all. Looking at her pictures - she goes from looking very robust (even if she's petite) to looking skeletal with hollowed out eyes. That's the classic look of someone who does a lot of coke (not necessarily an addict, not implying that). I've seen it many times.

Just out of curiosity, which pics do you think she looks skeletal w/ hollowed out eyes? I didn't notice that.

I seriously cringed reading this. Especially the practically foaming at the mouth part... Why do young kids / students / young people, etc do this, why do they damage and endanger themselves like this. I just felt really sad reading this.

I know this is just hearsay but it's just my opinion

I would like for people to have to read studies, or at least the pages from Medscape or NIH, about drugs before they take them. I know, I know, it probably wouldn't make much difference to a lot of people. But really, it scared the heck outa me! I won't stop taking Lorazepam, but that's because I have a prescription and am under a doctor's active supervision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18