IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soo, I read the first reference pretty closely. What that study showed is that mutations in a single gene expression product (ion channel) can cause epilepsy if it is expressed in the brain, and LQT if expressed in heart. The studies were performed in subjects with clinical epilepsy. I might be going out on a limb here, but I think that if LS had epilepsy someone might've mentioned it.

Before I get another angry scolding response, here's a quote from the article
"A cardiology laboratory has also verified that many episodes in individuals with confirmed LQTS are likely to be epileptic seizures". And, as you know Jane, this stuff can appear suddenly. No one would know. But, people are free to believe lies about Lauren if they please. It makes me angry how this crime victim was smeared.

Before I get another angry scolding response, here's a quote from the article
"A cardiology laboratory has also verified that many episodes in individuals with confirmed LQTS are likely to be epileptic seizures". And, as you know Jane, this stuff can appear suddenly. No one would know. But, people are free to believe lies about Lauren if they please. It makes me angry how this crime victim was smeared.

Yes, I see that that is a direct quote from the linked site, which summarized several journal papers. However, having read the actual referenced paper twice now, I think that the quote is a misleading description of the findings.

Disagreement about science =/= smearing or believing lies about Lauren...especially since we don't know the full truth. MOO.

And, the cocaine OD story was spread by a well known Bloomington public
figure named Gabe Rivera. He was fired by IU for anti-Jewish activities before Lauren went missing. Why does everyone believe him?

The cocaine story was also spread by Tony Gatto:
http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...-was-thrown-out-of-bar-alone-not-with-friend/

Bo Dietl claimed that drug use at IU was directly related to her disappearance:
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=83030

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...-was-thrown-out-of-bar-alone-not-with-friend/

Yes, Tony Gatto did say this after Karen claimed to be a bar manager and said Lauren was alone laying her head on the bar at sports speaking of coke. But, that was a lie. And, Karen was put up to this by her boyfriend. It was all a lie.

Yes, Tony Gatto did say this after Karen claimed to be a bar manager and said Lauren was alone laying her head on the bar at sports speaking of coke. But, that was a lie. And, Karen was put up to this by her boyfriend. It was all a lie.

How do you know this? Links, pls?

Yes, those are two good, verifiable sources, especially Gatto's story.

The first place I read about it was PT forum. It started there within days of her disappearance.

The number of people who read and paid attention to these sources is exponentially greater than Gabe Rivera. I guarantee it. He is not responsible for spreading anything but crazed rantings about a lot of things that no one believes.

It's a little interesting that after 8 months, up pops a new commenter to the blog, who brings new information to the table. While a part of me questions all the information you are bringing, I'm still wondering how you know all this?

Karen - how did you get the identity of the witness/bartender? Seems like you support the cocaine OD theory?

QT Theory - you've spent many posts discussing you plausible QT theory which some people are refuting.

Summertime Potential Abduction - you blast on the sleuth scene and give insight of another potential abduction of a young blonde girl by two men, one of whom fit the description of TG's mystery man.

It is interesting to note though, the the PI, BD, who was hired by RS and CS, that drug use was a direct reason to the disappearance of LS, while the parent continue to downplay the issue. Guess they paid a PI to tell them part of the truth.

While I've always have had my own theories, I do think these young men had nothing directly to do with her disappearance. Do they themselves also have an idea as to who it was, yes that is entirely credible. Aside from the student population at IU the surrounding area doesn't necessarily sound filled with "winners"...

And to be quite honest, I still find something off with Officer Lerg's death a few days before. Still not over the white truck, as it seems to be one of those most popular vehicle makes in the country. And at this point, someone, somewhere, has seemed to have gotten away with the "perfect crime"...

Keep the info coming Jacobite, as you seem to be in the know. Also, a few posts back you mentioned BW, are you referring to LS's best friend growing up?

Jacobite I think you should answer Elmorejames' questions. I appreciate new points of view but you need to speak up and answer.

Modern day kidnappers want you to lose your cellphone, credit cards, and ID before they abduct you so they cannot be traced.
So, really what are the odds that she could have lost these thing and gone missing on the same night? Looks like someone set her up. Maybe this is the story. Now, where is Lauren?
http://catherinerothschild.blogspot.com/2011/12/lauren-dear-lauren.html

It is easy enough for a "modern-day kidnapper" to get rid of phones, ID's etc...they don't need to make it look like the victim lost them earlier in the day. And I don't see how any stalking random kidnapper-person could have possibly known or guessed that she would end up walking home alone at 4:30AM...once she went into the apartment bdg. it would be a safe assumption she would spend the night, in my opinion.

Not saying she couldn't have been taken by some "lucky" perp who happened to see her on the street alone, but I find it incredible to believe that this was an evening-long plan of abduction to include making her forget her phone, etc...which was found at the bar, by the way, not "disappeared", and her keys were also found along her path. Easier to chuck the whole lot in a lake.

It's a little interesting that after 8 months, up pops a new commenter to the blog, who brings new information to the table. While a part of me questions all the information you are bringing, I'm still wondering how you know all this?

Karen - how did you get the identity of the witness/bartender? Seems like you support the cocaine OD theory?

QT Theory - you've spent many posts discussing you plausible QT theory which some people are refuting.

Summertime Potential Abduction - you blast on the sleuth scene and give insight of another potential abduction of a young blonde girl by two men, one of whom fit the description of TG's mystery man.

It is interesting to note though, the the PI, BD, who was hired by RS and CS, that drug use was a direct reason to the disappearance of LS, while the parent continue to downplay the issue. Guess they paid a PI to tell them part of the truth.

While I've always have had my own theories, I do think these young men had nothing directly to do with her disappearance. Do they themselves also have an idea as to who it was, yes that is entirely credible. Aside from the student population at IU the surrounding area doesn't necessarily sound filled with "winners"...

And to be quite honest, I still find something off with Officer Lerg's death a few days before. Still not over the white truck, as it seems to be one of those most popular vehicle makes in the country. And at this point, someone, somewhere, has seemed to have gotten away with the "perfect crime"...

Keep the info coming Jacobite, as you seem to be in the know. Also, a few posts back you mentioned BW, are you referring to LS's best friend growing up?

I've been quiet here. But, we have looking at this case all along. You have to get to know people who knew who Lauren is. Talk to detectives and people who know the POI's. I sat at Sports next to a few POI's. I have spoken to some people I will not name here.

Karen broke up with her boyfriend and told what happened. None of Lauren's friends say she did coke. Not even her IU friends. The POI's certainly did not
say that.

I found numerous research papers that indicated Lauren's staggering may have been caused by her physical handicap. Accounts say there was no alcohol at Rosenbaum's and she had only a few drinks at Sports.

Bo never said Lauren died from cocaine. He said the IU drug culture was involved. So, Perhaps someone connected with dealing also set her up to go missing. Doesn't mean she did coke.

The guys who were with Lauren should have done the decent thing and sat down with Lauren's parents. I think they are afraid. Perhaps they are afraid they might be framed. Some nasty threads like IDS are enough to drive you to a lawyer. I saw how people bullied Mike Beth's mom when she outed herself there offering to meet with the Spierers. Rossman might have offered next.

I don't know all the details about Officer Lerg. Don't know what happened.

BW is Bill Warner. He is a detective from Florida. He also thinks Lauren was kidnapped. He also knows the bad guys had to know the cams.

It is easy enough for a "modern-day kidnapper" to get rid of phones, ID's etc...they don't need to make it look like the victim lost them earlier in the day. And I don't see how any stalking random kidnapper-person could have possibly known or guessed that she would end up walking home alone at 4:30AM...once she went into the apartment bdg. it would be a safe assumption she would spend the night, in my opinion.

Not saying she couldn't have been taken by some "lucky" perp who happened to see her on the street alone, but I find it incredible to believe that this was an evening-long plan of abduction to include making her forget her phone, etc...which was found at the bar, by the way, not "disappeared", and her keys were also found along her path. Easier to chuck the whole lot in a lake.

I agree. This had to be someone who knew who she was, where she lived, and waited for her to go home. Hard to believe, yes. But, it's now very common. It is happening to someone else as I write this. Most of these cases you never hear about. Many are just called runaway's. We rescued 2 slaves in Indy a few days ago. Most modern day slaves however are not sex slaves and 20 percent are men.

There is a reason why you don't want the victim to have her cell at the place of abduction.
Cellphones ping the tower every 7 seconds and reveal your location. The GPS is stored for many months.

It is obvious that this case need some serious help. Is it just me or is it going off to crazy town? just like the HB case. There is nothing , nothing to even discuss. I think we have brought up plenty of stuff at this forum that is not utilized by the cops or the family. For example. We discussed LS unique jewlery. someone here was nice enough to post some of the DY turq ring styles, four color and all. Yet if you go to the find LS website, there is nothing.....nothing to help the public find Lauren. Just the same cast of characters over and over.
Why is ok for MB name to be out there but we still dont know if JR had a roomie that night, no name, no picture....we dont know who the peeps are that punched CR and why. I want to know why they are so protected from the media and specualtion on the forums.??? We dont know much about the peeps that found Laurens keys. I find the key story and timing bit odd. Maybe someone needs to account for their fingerprints.... Hopefully the story has video proof. I guess it has been only eight months but im sure for the family, it is eight months too long:(

p.s. This IU town sounds terrible to me. The fact that almost the entire group of friends have priors is unbelievable! really??? all these kids have priors? Sounds like over policing to me. And then when you need a cop, no where to be found...

So this Karen is not the one who reportedly thought she saw LS at 3:30AM being slung over someone's shoulder? This is a different bar employee from perhaps a different bar? I don't think I've even heard anything about another bar worker witness.

Jacobite- What about a heart condition would make someone stagger? Unless the person is going into cardiac arrest. Lauren wasn't "physically" handicapped. Your comment makes no sense.

Jacobite, Are you verified as a local in this case?

It is obvious that this case need some serious help. Is it just me or is it going off to crazy town? just like the HB case. There is nothing , nothing to even discuss. I think we have brought up plenty of stuff at this forum that is not utilized by the cops or the family. For example. We discussed LS unique jewlery. someone here was nice enough to post some of the DY turq ring styles, four color and all. Yet if you go to the find LS website, there is nothing.....nothing to help the public find Lauren. Just the same cast of characters over and over.
Why is ok for MB name to be out there but we still dont know if JR had a roomie that night, no name, no picture....we dont know who the peeps are that punched CR and why. I want to know why they are so protected from the media and specualtion on the forums.??? We dont know much about the peeps that found Laurens keys. I find the key story and timing bit odd. Maybe someone needs to account for their fingerprints.... Hopefully the story has video proof. I guess it has been only eight months but im sure for the family, it is eight months too long:(

p.s. This IU town sounds terrible to me. The fact that almost the entire group of friends have priors is unbelievable! really??? all these kids have priors? Sounds like over policing to me. And then when you need a cop, no where to be found...

I must defend Bloomington. It is not the town's fault... Whatever happened to LS was a tragic incident, like thousands that happen all over the US. The apartments and condos that these students live in attract the most affluent of the IU student body- and with money comes a lot of freedom. Most college kids drink underage, every college has a party scene. IU is a giant school, and the community is a strong one with rich traditions and I am proud to say it is my home. I originally come from NJ but have been here for the past 5 years and absolutely love it. Those kids probably all got arrested at tailgates, along with hundreds of kids each game day... Again like any other college. I can't say I agree with the whole pre trial diversion process, I think it should be structured differently... But the reality is that it's a money maker, and a great way for college students to learn their lesson without it being on their record permanently (in most cases).

LS's story has shed light on the darkest part of life in a college town, but it by no means defines Bloomington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader