IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they looking at any sites that could be connected to Crystal Grubb?

Crystal was found north west of Bloomington. But her murder is not solved.
The case near the airport would be someone else if it is even real.

The truck looking similiar to a Kelly Construction truck and the owner is fb friends with the Four Winds fb page and many of the other workers and <modsnip>. I don't know if I can post the photo here. But, that sketch, combined with googling the palm trees is what led me to Four Winds in the first place. When I saw the renovation photos and how it looked at the time she disappeared and more like a mine or cave opening.. I about fell out of my chair and just stared at it. I don't believe in coincidence. I don't want to believe that the person responsible is a worker who goes place to place etc.. and could harm somebody else. Then again, that explains maybe other cases? IDK
I have no idea if the two are related, but your post reminded me of the early search at the Fairfax Recreation Area.

IU student Lauren Spierer not involved in altercation night of disappearance
Spierer's parents offering $100K reward for information that leads to her return

By Abby Tonsing

June 9, 2011, last update: 6/10 @ 1:14 am

Thursday, a dive team from the Monroe County Sheriff's combed the waters of Lake Monroe at Fairfax in the search for Spierer.
The dive team followed a "specific" tip provided anonymously to police, Parker said.
http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/18834.html

Divers Search Lake for Missing Indiana Student from Westchester
By JEANE MacINTOSH and LEONARD GREENE
Last Updated: 6:31 AM, June 10, 2011
Posted: 2:47 AM, June 10, 2011

Cops in Bloomington, Ind., said they were responding to "a very specific" but anonymous tip regarding Lake Monroe, a popular boating and fishing hole on the outskirts of town.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/co_ed_lake_hunt_j44YOwXPG9xfPofH4GRmnL

IDK, Jacobite. It would've gotten my attention, too, but I have to think LE would've made inquiries about any upturned dirt in the vicinity. For that matter, I *hope* they checked out the construction areas like the ones in Btown's photos taken near 11th and College.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6679874&postcount=5"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS*[/ame]

Attachments

• img00183201106141729.jpg
    img00183201106141729.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 6xw787.jpg
    6xw787.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 12
IDK, Jacobite. It would've gotten my attention, too, but I have to think LE would've made inquiries about any upturned dirt in the vicinity. For that matter, I *hope* they checked out the construction areas like the ones in Btown's photos taken near 11th and College.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS*

Agreed. We ruled that spot out right away because the police did indeed search that ground with dogs. The case would have been solved the first week if they had buried her at 5 North. And, I don't think they would have gone to this much work.

Totally freaked me out. And absolutely I respect intuition, but the Internet is full of craz conspiracy theorists.

Actually, I believe you are very very warm. Now, look for a lake that connects to the POIs. Look for where they had opportunity.

Monroe is not good for several reasons. They would have been traced by rentals. Also, there are campers there partying all night and fishermen up early.

Sorry I've been away so long-just catching up.
As i was reading i saw someone say that now JR WAS at kilroys also? Did i read that right?

Actually, I believe you are very very warm. Now, look for a lake that connects to the POIs. Look for where they had opportunity.

Monroe is not good for several reasons. They would have been traced by rentals. Also, there are campers there partying all night and fishermen up early.

Griffy is a lot closer than Monroe. Also more deserted at night. I heard there were plans to partially drain Griffy later this year; I think it has something to do with the invasive freshwater seaweeds growing there. I think Griffy was already searched though.

Yellowwood Lake is quite deserted most of the time.

Lake Lemon is not very deserted.

As i was reading i saw someone say that now JR WAS at kilroys also? Did i read that right?

The entire narrative is so scrambled right now who knows what is up and what is down?

I'm surprised the Spierers and PI's, and potentially LE, haven't gotten together with a solid reporter and sorted out the fact from fiction as well as possibly dribbled some new information into the narrative. But even if they don't want to release new info at least get the official public narrative correct.

Some of the journalist's questions might get a "no comment" and that is fine. Some should also lead to answers about who has and has not taken lie detectors, spoken with police, spoken with the parents (whether directly or thru submitted statements or questions), etc.. ...and for what amount of time.

There are questions about where was searched and where was not. When dumpsters were checked and when they were dumpled. Questions about what is defined as cooperation... Does not cooperating mean a closed door or does it mean not saying what the parents want to hear, or being available anyplace, anytime for questions?

Can anything be elaborated upon about the confrontation at Smallwood?

Who was where in the night? Was there a guest? Was LS totally wasted at some point or is that rumor?

I always wonder if the parents want to control the information a bit because they don't want disparaging things said about their daughter. But then again, if it's part of the night and the truth then it needs to be out there.

There's been so much sloppy reporting and speculative reporting (Tony Gatto) that the case could really use some quality journalism to sort it all out.

Is this guy old enough that they could be looking for Margaret Ann Hayes, who disappeared from Bloomington in the 70's?

William Clyde Gibson III is about 54. Margaret Ann Hayes disappeared in 1977. He would have been 19.

The entire narrative is so scrambled right now who knows what is up and what is down?

I'm surprised the Spierers and PI's, and potentially LE, haven't gotten together with a solid reporter and sorted out the fact from fiction as well as possibly dribbled some new information into the narrative. But even if they don't want to release new info at least get the official public narrative correct.

Some of the journalist's questions might get a "no comment" and that is fine. Some should also lead to answers about who has and has not taken lie detectors, spoken with police, spoken with the parents (whether directly or thru submitted statements or questions), etc.. ...and for what amount of time.

There are questions about where was searched and where was not. When dumpsters were checked and when they were dumpled. Questions about what is defined as cooperation... Does not cooperating mean a closed door or does it mean not saying what the parents want to hear, or being available anyplace, anytime for questions?

Can anything be elaborated upon about the confrontation at Smallwood?

Who was where in the night? Was there a guest? Was LS totally wasted at some point or is that rumor?

I always wonder if the parents want to control the information a bit because they don't want disparaging things said about their daughter. But then again, if it's part of the night and the truth then it needs to be out there.

There's been so much sloppy reporting and speculative reporting (Tony Gatto) that the case could really use some quality journalism to sort it all out.

Good idea! Don't think it will happen, though... just the way POI's are advised by their lawyers not to say anything, the same thinking/influence pertains to LE, IMO.
Media attention would be good, and by going over things they might realize something...

You are right. This may change the picture. So, when was Corey Rossman ever alone with Lauren Spierer that night?

Good idea! Don't think it will happen, though... just the way POI's are advised by their lawyers not to say anything, the same thinking/influence pertains to LE, IMO.
Media attention would be good, and by going over things they might realize something...

The Bloomington Police asked the POIs to not discuss the case with anyone.

Griffy is a lot closer than Monroe. Also more deserted at night. I heard there were plans to partially drain Griffy later this year; I think it has something to do with the invasive freshwater seaweeds growing there. I think Griffy was already searched though.

Yellowwood Lake is quite deserted most of the time.

Lake Lemon is not very deserted.

We've been focusing on the East Coast POIs. I can't say they would know where those lakes are. Also, I'd think you'd need access to a boat dock, a boat, and some hardware to sink someone in a lake. Jay, Corey, and Mike
did not have any boats at their apartment complex. The POI who has a dock and a boat is a friend of Lauren's roommate and he was over at Smallwood that night at 3 AM. He knew where Lauren was going and that she'd be coming back. He lived right between 5 North and Smallwood.

We've been focusing on the East Coast POIs. I can't say they would know where those lakes are. Also, I'd think you'd need access to a boat dock, a boat, and some hardware to sink someone in a lake. Jay, Corey, and Mike
did not have any boats at their apartment complex. The POI who has a dock and a boat is a friend of Lauren's roommate and he was over at Smallwood that night at 3 AM. He knew where Lauren was going and that she'd be coming back. He lived right between 5 North and Smallwood.

JR isn't an east coast POI. I'm not saying he was involved, but if he was ... he grew up in southeast MI amidst tons of small lakes. West Bloomfield and its surroundings abound with them. I'm also not saying he'd have known about lakes near Bloomington, just that small lakes are part of his vernacular. I live on the east coast now myself, but having grown up just north of where JR's from, I still love fresh water.

What you said about the POI who lived between 5 North and SW interests me, however. PS: I also wonder about JR's alleged "houseguest," who's from the same general vicinity as JR.

Hi everyone, I am new here but I have been following the case since Lauren disappeared a year ago and randomly came across this board. I've been reading through the posts and wanted to share my thoughts on what happened to Lauren.

I am a graduate of another Big 10 school. A few years ago there was a string of sexual assaults in and around campus. There was a police sketch going around of some very average looking guy, who could have been anybody. He was known for targeting drunk girls walking home alone late at night, attacking them from behind and then running away once they screamed. I believe he also followed girls into their apartments and assaulted them. The local police had undercover women cops with tasers walking around the neighborhoods where most of the attacks were taking place - it didn't work. I believe the guy was ultimately caught, but it took a long time for it to happen.

I think Lauren unfortunately wound up in the hands of some low life who was hanging out around Bloomington looking to prey on drunk girls, especially attractive girls that would never give him the time of day in daylight. What I think happened is: She left her friends' place and was walking home when some guy either literally grabbed her of the street, or pulled up in his car and said "hey baby want a ride?" and she went along with him. I think the guy that took her is probably a guy that lives somewhere in the area, maybe an hour or two away. 3AM rolls around and maybe he hasn't had any luck at the bars, and all of a sudden a very cute, very little blonde girl comes walking around the street and she's an easy target. So he takes her back to his place, has his way with her and then he doesn't know what else to do with her so he kills her and hides the body.

I blame her friends for not walking her home - they are responsible in a way. But I really believe that everyone is trying to pin it on them because it's easier to think it was the people who knew her and not some mystery man. This is all my opinion, but I hope whatever the truth is, it comes out as soon as possible so her family and friends can all have closure.

Would think if LS was the victim of a serial abductor, he would have struck again by now...

I really don't like thinking about the lake legend. But, this story seems to have originated around June 3. One POI tweeted what was interpreted as a disrespectful tweet. He said we needed a flashlight to find Lauren. Perhaps his tweet was actually a tip. Clearwater Pointe is the deepest water in Indiana. Once an old gravel pit, it was used to build Indiana's Interstate highways. It's so deep you will need a light to search 14 fathoms down.and it is connected to the POIs. Versions of the legend have Lauren thrown into a river, a lake, or gravel pit. This place meets the definition of all three. I think this may have been the most convenient place to carry out the lake legend. Could that 4:15 cellphone call really have been placed from Highway 37 at Martinsville on the way here?
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?7zwv0easdqsp5a7

In response to OldSteve - my guess is that this is just a sleazy guy who went to Bloomington to try to find a hookup. He didn't go there specifically so he could grab a girl off the street and kill her, but this guy is absolutely desperate for whatever he can get. So once he takes Lauren off campus somewhere to hook up at his place or in his car or whatever, he decides to kill her, but it's not like he planned it all along. This is just my theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55