IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like thinking about the lake legend. But, this story seems to have originated around June 3. One POI tweeted what was interpreted as a disrespectful tweet. He said we needed a flashlight to find Lauren. Perhaps his tweet was actually a tip. Clearwater Pointe is the deepest water in Indiana. Once an old gravel pit, it was used to build Indiana's Interstate highways. It's so deep you will need a light to search 14 fathoms down.and it is connected to the POIs. Versions of the legend have Lauren thrown into a river, a lake, or gravel pit. This place meets the definition of all three. I think this may have been the most convenient place to carry out the lake legend. Could that 4:15 cellphone call really have been placed from Highway 37 at Martinsville on the way here?
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?7zwv0easdqsp5a7

Lake Clearwater in Indianapolis is connected to ZO, who has never been officially named as a POI. Clearwater Pointe is a neighborhood/street on a peninsula in Lake Clearwater. Lake Clearwater was originally a gravel pit. It is near the White River, but as far as I know, it is not connected to the river, except perhaps by a spillway or conduit.

What is your source for the depth of Lake Clearwater? Lake Maxinkuckee, at 88 feet, is more than 14 fathoms deep.

Lake Clearwater in Indianapolis is connected to ZO, who has never been officially named as a POI. Clearwater Pointe is a neighborhood/street on a peninsula in Lake Clearwater. Lake Clearwater was originally a gravel pit. It is near the White River, but as far as I know, it is not connected to the river, except perhaps by a spillway or conduit.

What is your source for the depth of Lake Clearwater? Lake Maxinkuckee, at 88 feet, is more than 14 fathoms deep.

ZO did also say "she's as pure as NY snow" and "has Betty Davis eyes". Not only does AB look like the mystery man he also made the flashlight comment about Teddy finding her with an adderall and a flashlight.

tony Gatto posted a pic of ZO passed out in front of a truck matching the white truck. Off white grey silver they all look similar in black and white surveillance.

ZO comes from big money and his dad is a big time political contributor in Indy. maybe the powder came from ZO and he has a vested interest in keeping his name clean. and could this "boy" really have the other POI's that shook not to talk???

Ps ZO wouldn't last a minute in the streets. Stick to books and daddy's company school boy.

I am a bit amazed by a post on the Spierer family Facebook because it has not been deleted. "Dig up the backyard of where she last partied at....i about guarantee....those boys she was with buried her"
OK, I was looking around Rosenbaum's apartment building last summer when a blonde turned to me and asked, "What is this recently dug up plot of ground?" "And, What is in that bag?"
I picked up the bag and sand came out. I replied, "Sand is sometimes used to hide smell.". We took pictures of the plot. But, I dismissed it. It would have been too stupid and way too obvious. Only a few plants grew in this plot all summer. What was the purpose? I'm sure BPD, ISP, FBI, Council For Missing and Exploited Children, numerous detectives and searchers all in Bloomington, surely someone else must have checked this plot with dogs. Anyway, the blonde wants to know right now if anyone else saw the obvious digging. She wants to go back. But, it would be too stupid of them. Can't be true. Can it?

I was reading this is bed at midnight & it gave me the chills!

Didn't someone else in that group of friends make the "pure as NY snow" comment too? I think it was more likely a coke reference than anything to do with Lauren... but who knows.

I hate thinking about all of these lakes. Without any more searches, how will she ever be found?? Ugh... The world seems so small sometimes, and impossibly big at other times :(

AKH, good questions. The one I would like to know most, after thinking about these last posts, is who had a car and whose car was actually searched in the days after Lauren went missing. This seems like a pretty easy way to rule some people out (since I highly doubt she was buried in anyone's back yard, JMO!)

But I really believe that everyone is trying to pin it on them because it's easier to think it was the people who knew her and not some mystery man. This is all my opinion, but I hope whatever the truth is, it comes out as soon as possible so her family and friends can all have closure.

Really? I think it would easier to blame it on some mystery man, rather than thinking that some regular guys in her own group of friends could do something so terrible. But I feel like every time I've tried to think of alternate scenarios, the nagging inconsistencies and sketchy actions of the POI just lead my mind right back to them. At this point, even if they weren't involved, I would blame them for hindering the whole investigation because of their own efforts to avoid any responsibility whatsoever.

(JMO, of course)

My guess is that her friends might not be giving a 100% accurate version of the truth but I just don't think they are lying about the fact that they don't know what happened to her. I think the guys she was with that night are trying to cover up the fact that they let her walk home alone when it was 4AM or so in the morning - I kind of have a hunch they kicked her out of a house party. I think when she was leaving the last apartment she went to, she was walking home alone and some sick creep took advantage of her. Maybe she was walking up and down the streets looking for her keys/purse, and she didn't head straight home? All speculation of course...

My guess is that her friends might not be giving a 100% accurate version of the truth but I just don't think they are lying about the fact that they don't know what happened to her. I think the guys she was with that night are trying to cover up the fact that they let her walk home alone when it was 4AM or so in the morning - I kind of have a hunch they kicked her out of a house party. I think when she was leaving the last apartment she went to, she was walking home alone and some sick creep took advantage of her. Maybe she was walking up and down the streets looking for her keys/purse, and she didn't head straight home? All speculation of course...

I'd be more inclined to think that the guys she was with are trying to cover up the fact that they helped her get inebriated. Since Sports would be partially liable for alcohol, perhaps it was with some other illegal substance. Not walking her home is very bad manners, IMO, but JR didn't really cover it up, either. In retrospect, MB pretty much did the same thing, since he probably didn't know for sure that JR was still awake.

The only other thing I can think based on what you wrote is that the call to DR was JR saying "Come and get her." And when DR didn't answer, he just told her to go. While it would be worse manners if JR kicked her out the door, he does admit that he let her go alone. JMO. (BTW, I agree that something more random could have happened during her walk home, but I think that the POIs know more than they're sharing.)

I'd be more inclined to think that the guys she was with are trying to cover up the fact that they helped her get inebriated. Since Sports would be partially liable for alcohol, perhaps it was with some other illegal substance. Not walking her home is very bad manners, IMO, but JR didn't really cover it up, either. In retrospect, MB pretty much did the same thing, since he probably didn't know for sure that JR was still awake.

The only other thing I can think based on what you wrote is that the call to DR was JR saying "Come and get her." And when DR didn't answer, he just told her to go. While it would be worse manners if JR kicked her out the door, he does admit that he let her go alone. JMO. (BTW, I agree that something more random could have happened during her walk home, but I think that the POIs know more than they're sharing.)

Just had another thought. What if Lauren asked some random guy on the street when she was walking home "Can I borrow your cell phone so I can call my friend/roommate?" and that guy was a creep who took advantage of her?

Just had another thought. What if Lauren asked some random guy on the street when she was walking home "Can I borrow your cell phone so I can call my friend/roommate?" and that guy was a creep who took advantage of her?

Could be. Actually, there's a variety of scenarios that facilitate her encountering a creep. IMO, it's also possible that she could have had a change of heart and 1) returned to 5 North after leaving there, 2) headed toward JW's place instead, or 3) went looking for her wallet/keys, as you noted. And then despite what JR says, there's the possibility that she never left 5 North at all (or made it there alive).

There was major discussion here at various points about where cameras were/weren't positioned. I'm operating on a total lack of sleep today, so I frankly can't recall or find that discussion. But obviously, someone was lucky in that respect.

The Bloomington Police may not know who is guilty of this crime. But, they may have information that clears some POI. They should release this information publicly so that names are cleared in the worlds eyes. The rumors and theories are not fair to the innocent and it is society's obligation to the innocent to clear the names of those proven to be not guilty. BPD said they had 10 POI. How many today?

That sends out a big red flag for me. Why hasn't it been mentioned b4? Is this the info that the P.I found out maybe?

That sends out a big red flag for me. Why hasn't it been mentioned b4? Is this the info that the P.I found out maybe?

This case is really creepy no matter who did it. Which red flag are you referring to?
Maybe, the lake legend? And, someone living on a lake.

The Bloomington Police may not know who is guilty of this crime. But, they may have information that clears some POI. They should release this information publicly so that names are cleared in the worlds eyes. The rumors and theories are not fair to the innocent and it is society's obligation to the innocent to clear the names of those proven to be not guilty. BPD said they had 10 POI. How many today?

I don't think the police should have any obligation toward anyone who did not cooperate fully with the investigation. JMO. Plus, some of those POI never even had their names in the media, they were POI simply in the sense that LE wanted to gather info from them. They did not label anyone a suspect.

Could be. Actually, there's a variety of scenarios that facilitate her encountering a creep. IMO, it's also possible that she could have had a change of heart and 1) returned to 5 North after leaving there, 2) headed toward JW's place instead, or 3) went looking for her wallet/keys, as you noted. And then despite what JR says, there's the possibility that she never left 5 North at all (or made it there alive).

There was major discussion here at various points about where cameras were/weren't positioned. I'm operating on a total lack of sleep today, so I frankly can't recall or find that discussion. But obviously, someone was lucky in that respect.

This is the thing that gets me: Lauren didn't have her keys or phone so how would she have gotten back into her apartment anyway if she had no way of reaching anyone who could have let her in? I think she started walking home but without her keys or phone she decided to walk to her boyfriend's place or another friend's place, or she stopped and tried to get help. Or she tried to walk back to the bar or just started walking up and down the streets looking for her keys. She could have been out there for hours if you think about it.

I don't think the police should have any obligation toward anyone who did not cooperate fully with the investigation. JMO. Plus, some of those POI never even had their names in the media, they were POI simply in the sense that LE wanted to gather info from them. They did not label anyone a suspect.

This is truly one of the cruelest stories ever told. I am very sorry for the Spierer family.
And, I agree with you concerning those who would not help.

This is the thing that gets me: Lauren didn't have her keys or phone so how would she have gotten back into her apartment anyway if she had no way of reaching anyone who could have let her in? I think she started walking home but without her keys or phone she decided to walk to her boyfriend's place or another friend's place, or she stopped and tried to get help. Or she tried to walk back to the bar or just started walking up and down the streets looking for her keys. She could have been out there for hours if you think about it.

But she still could have gotten into her building and buzzed up, right? I had no problem waking up my roommates at that age and neither did they...

I really don't like thinking about the lake legend. But, this story seems to have originated around June 3. One POI tweeted what was interpreted as a disrespectful tweet. He said we needed a flashlight to find Lauren. Perhaps his tweet was actually a tip. Clearwater Pointe is the deepest water in Indiana. Once an old gravel pit, it was used to build Indiana's Interstate highways. It's so deep you will need a light to search 14 fathoms down.and it is connected to the POIs. Versions of the legend have Lauren thrown into a river, a lake, or gravel pit. This place meets the definition of all three. I think this may have been the most convenient place to carry out the lake legend. Could that 4:15 cellphone call really have been placed from Highway 37 at Martinsville on the way here?
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?7zwv0easdqsp5a7

This lake has it's own legend. Long ago, people drove old cars into it just to watch them sink in the lake. It might be a dangerous but interesting place to dive. Commander Kass of the US Navy Seals said to use robotic underwater cameras with lights to search this place.

I personally think the tweet was just a stupid comment, not any kind of tip.

But that lake sounds pretty creepy, in any case.

What lake were you searching Jacobite (from the photo)? And what does it mean to search a lake if you are just a regular person? (honestly, just curious)

I personally think the tweet was just a stupid comment, not any kind of tip.

But that lake sounds pretty creepy, in any case.

What lake were you searching Jacobite (from the photo)? And what does it mean to search a lake if you are just a regular person? (honestly, just curious)

Not meant to be a tip. Maybe a slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member