IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not following you. Do you mean because the skull was found and not a body?
After one year of being under water I would think it could easily separate.

Unfortunately, there seems to be other missing people in this part of Indiana. Being 50 miles away, would mean about 1 hr drive (would be a bad idea to speed with a body in the vehicle) from 5N.

Would be curious to know if chemical clues could still be present in the skull after being in water for 1 year.

Are divers looking for the rest? If more bones are nearby then head could have separated naturally. But if it's just a skull it does leave the possibility that parts were scattered.

Divers looked for more parts but did not find any. And yes, there are other missing persons from this part of Indiana. Shannon Sherrill, Lola Fry, Margaret Hayes, Molly Dattilo, Bonnie Schultz, and others (male and female) have been missing for years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/lauren-spierer-missing_n_1676859.html

The experts can determine certain things about a skull visually, if it is intact, so I think they will know some info sooner, whether they release it or not.

I don't really feel this is Lauren, but who knows.

I have been following this closely and I have my doubts this is Lauren. White River is the dumping ground in Indianapolis, It is dirty and polluted beyond belief. About once a month a body turns up in White River, usually it is connected with drugs or the shady side of life. Around here we usually never hear much about the latest body, only a name, then it is forgotten. For the family's sake I hope something happens soon so they can get closure but this skull probably belongs to someone who ran on the wrong side of the law. I believe some hiker out for a Sunday hike will run across Lauren's body someday.

I have been following this closely and I have my doubts this is Lauren. White River is the dumping ground in Indianapolis, It is dirty and polluted beyond belief. About once a month a body turns up in White River, usually it is connected with drugs or the shady side of life. Around here we usually never hear much about the latest body, only a name, then it is forgotten. For the family's sake I hope something happens soon so they can get closure but this skull probably belongs to someone who ran on the wrong side of the law. I believe some hiker out for a Sunday hike will run across Lauren's body someday.

I doubt it's LS as well. And if it is ... it most likely sends the case into random abduction or DD territory, which seems a stretch. But sometimes cases do take odd twists and turns, so we wait and see.

I doubt it's LS as well. And if it is ... it most likely sends the case into random abduction or DD territory, which seems a stretch. But sometimes cases do take odd twists and turns, so we wait and see.

Aren't some of the POI's or at least some of the boys involved in the Smallwood altercation from Indianapolis?
Have not certain POI's been sighted in the Indianapolis area on occasion since LS's disappearance?
How would finding LS in Indianapolis make this more likely a random abduction?
Maybe the skull found is her...then maybe someone close to her was very clever in choosing that spot for a dump sight? Makes it seem random...to some.

I searched the very spot where that skull was found hoping to find jewelry or some other sign that LS had been there...and the whole time with conviction that this was not a random abduction.

You've posted this same thing twice now...that this find, if indeed is LS, would make this more likely a random abduction.
Please explain how.

Aren't some of the POI's or at least some of the boys involved in the Smallwood altercation from Indianapolis?
Have not certain POI's been sighted in the Indianapolis area on occasion since LS's disappearance?
Maybe the skull found is her...then maybe someone close to her was very clever in choosing that spot for a dump sight? Makes it seem random...to some.

I searched the very spot where that skull was found hoping to find jewelry or some other sign that LS had been there...and the whole time with conviction that this was not a random abduction.

You've posted this same thing twice now...that this find, if indeed is LS, would make this more likely a random abduction.
Please explain how.

This may be an incorrect assumption, but I figure the skull didn't separate from the rest of the body naturally, which suggests a perp had the times/means to pull that off w/o leaving evidence (or major help). To me, it suggests a sexual predator who hates women ... and possibly a repeat offender. Or some type of lesson/revenge crime (which wouldn't be random but doesn't fit LS, IMO).

I get what you're saying about Indy, though. Perhaps a POI with connections could have had major help pulling this off. As someone once posted about DB possibly taking LS' body to MI, why would a POI with Indy ties take LS to his town? Unless, as you mention, there was the intent of making it seem like something it's not.

IDK ... in the other case I follow (OCCK), LE has been pursuing a blue Gremlin for years and years ... and now new DNA evidence links to a 1966 Bonneville. The crimes in that case, I'm starting to believe, were a group effort ... maybe this, too?

Please explain how.

Is there something about that specific spot?

Are you saying you are generally convinced it is not random? Or that while you were there at that spot you were?

Do you see a yellow yield symbol with an exclamation mark inside of it in the upper left of my previous post? What does it mean?

Do you see a yellow yield symbol with an exclamation mark inside of it in the upper left of my previous post? What does it mean?

i think it means "important" and it can be turned on by clicking oin the radio button for the icon below the window that you type into. I am not sure if the post you are replying to is marked important that your reply will be as well. If this post is labelled, then the symbol was inherited from your post since I did not click on it.

eta: oops the post i replied to wasn't labelled, but neither was Tr's original one

This may be an incorrect assumption, but I figure the skull didn't separate from the rest of the body naturally, which suggests a perp had the times/means to pull that off w/o leaving evidence (or major help). To me, it suggests a sexual predator who hates women ... and possibly a repeat offender. Or some type of lesson/revenge crime (which wouldn't be random but doesn't fit LS, IMO).

I get what you're saying about Indy, though. Perhaps a POI with connections could have had major help pulling this off. As someone once posted about DB possibly taking LS' body to MI, why would a POI with Indy ties take LS to his town? Unless, as you mention, there was the intent of making it seem like something it's not.

IDK ... in the other case I follow (OCCK), LE has been pursuing a blue Gremlin for years and years ... and now new DNA evidence links to a 1966 Bonneville. The crimes in that case, I'm starting to believe, were a group effort ... maybe this, too?

Interesting....Thanks.

Is there something about that specific spot?

Are you saying you are generally convinced it is not random? Or that while you were there at that spot you were?

The area beneath Raymond Ave on Indy SW side is a popular fishing spot on the White River.
It is easily accessible by even a car off of Bluff Rd.....people literally drive down the embankment to the waters edge.

Sorry to say, it seems like a really good dump sight for someone in a hurry.

Would this spot be in any way near or part of a shortcut/alternate route someone would use if they wanted to avoid backed up traffic on the interstate on their way to the Indy 500?

Assuming this dog ever existed, how do you know who its handler was? Sometimes family invites dogs who are not police dogs. There was no information provided in the rumor of who this dog belonged to.
And I really don't know what answer "so many wanted to believe" is? What do you mean by that at all?

There was a bloodhound brought in. They worked when there was no media, so that is probably why most do not know of it.It was no secret. Bloodhounds are scent specific, and they will follow the freshest trail of the scent of that one person that the handler gives. If a person is put into a vehicle, there will be a scent trail, a properly trained handler knows how to work this, and will take the dog in both directions, a couple hundred yards, where the scent would have dispersed from the vehicle, and get a car trail and direction of travel. If a deceased body was put into the vehicle, it then becomes a different scent, and a bloodhound will not follow that. To the bloodhound, the trail (of live scent) ends there, and they will stop. A well trained handler will know how to recognize this change in behavior. A bloodhound's testimony is admissible in a court of law, if this bloodhound took them up to a suspects house, this would be enough for a search warrant, and they would have their man if that were true.

There was a bloodhound brought in. They worked when there was no media, so that is probably why most do not know of it.It was no secret. Bloodhounds are scent specific, and they will follow the freshest trail of the scent of that one person that the handler gives. If a person is put into a vehicle, there will be a scent trail, a properly trained handler knows how to work this, and will take the dog in both directions, a couple hundred yards, where the scent would have dispersed from the vehicle, and get a car trail and direction of travel. If a deceased body was put into the vehicle, it then becomes a different scent, and a bloodhound will not follow that. To the bloodhound, the trail (of live scent) ends there, and they will stop. A well trained handler will know how to recognize this change in behavior. A bloodhound's testimony is admissible in a court of law, if this bloodhound took them up to a suspects house, this would be enough for a search warrant, and they would have their man if that were true.

Wow, thank you. You sound like you know this first hand. Am I right about that? I am going to add this link but it only confirms exactly what you say.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/underdogs/the-bloodhounds-amazing-sense-of-smell/350/

Do you know what the time frame was on this. 3 days 6 days 15 days?

Based on what information is out there. Where do you think the dogs lost her live scent? And why would the PI say he had no idea if she was abducted or hidden by her friends?

Based on your knowledge of bloodhounds, would it be safe to say that LE have a good idea if any of the POI are involved?

Wow, thank you. You sound like you know this first hand. Am I right about that? I am going to add this link but it only confirms exactly what you say.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/underdogs/the-bloodhounds-amazing-sense-of-smell/350/

Do you know what the time frame was on this. 3 days 6 days 15 days?

Based on what information is out there. Where do you think the dogs lost her live scent? And why would the PI say he had no idea if she was abducted or hidden by her friends?

I am thinking the hound came in between 7-10 days after her disappearance, not positive though. Not exactly sure where it lost the scent, I am not familiar with the area. Sorry I don't know why PI would say that, other than the fact that there may not be any evidence to support either theory.

Too many days have passed without Lauren. Too many days have passed without information. Too many days have passed without activity here. I just wanted to interrupt that in my small way.

Shortly after the Aurora shooting, and upon hearing about the deaths, I thought of the Spierers' and how they probably feel the loss of such tragedy more acutely than I.

Sending thoughts and prayers out to the Universe for healing and right actions.

Hi, monkey. No new thread, just a slow thread. There haven't been any new developments in Lauren's case for quite awhile now. :(

Since this skull was found near Indy. Was thinking about the Indy 500 groups and conflict that occurred prior to Lauren's disappearance.
Were there photos taken at Indy 500? Who else connected to the POI's and LS was there? People in that circle would be leads... perhaps some live near Indy?

As it seems there are many missing people in the area and bodies turn up regularly:
I'm thinking this country needs a dramatic shift in priorities. Instead of spending a trillion a year on invisible terrorists, it's about time we focus on murders, unexplained deaths and the missing. We have the resources, but they aren't being used. The FBI should assist in all murders, unexplained deaths and missing cases. Especially if they are not solved immediately. The Government should not be focused on closing down medical marijuana shops in states that have made it legal, while there are bodies turning up everywhere. It's absurd. We as a country need to crack down hard on any kind of violence, from coast to coast. Non-violent criminals need to be rehabilitated and educated in ways that they can be good members of society. Those who commit any type of violent act at all need to be watched carefully and forever.

In this case, even if Lauren's died accidentally from OD or combination of things and events (including the obvious head trauma) those hiding her body should be treated as violent criminals.

We know that someone knows something. It seems those closest to her those last hours that night, know a lot more than they are saying. We would not be here otherwise. And the fact that they have been getting away with this, is unacceptable. They have no souls or remorse for what has happened. Else they would be leading the path to finding her. They just want to go on with their lives like Lauren was toast that got too done in the toaster and got tossed out.
Just as much as figuring out what happened to Lauren and finding her, it's also important that we refuse to accept that our country be a place where people can disappear without a trace and no one is held to account for it. This needs to be a National Priority. Way too many missing, way too many bodies turning up.
We have to change the idea that this is "normal". It's NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member