IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite clear that BO calls the Mystery Man, Cory Rossman from reading Lo Hud.
Exact quote from Tony Gatto, "She is adamant that it was exactly 3:38am".

The easy explanation is the time on the camera was not adjusted to Daylight Savings Time.
Or, she is wrong about the time and it's really only 2:46 AM.

First link above and it's bye bye to part of the legend. 2nd link page 4 is BO's.

The witness in the LoHud case and the TG story could very well be separate witnesses. LoHud witness is reported to be leaving from visiting a boy, while the TG witness was getting off of work. The times are different too. The witness in the LoHud video saw LS before she was even walking in the alley. CR & LS left Smallwood @ 2:42 am. I think the last time she is seen on camera is between 3:15-3:30 am. Does anyone have a link stating the last time she was seen on camera?

Some news stories say 2:51 others, the later time you just posted. I was only making argument that she did indeed say it. I can't vouch for accuracy in her account. But, BO does imply she is the same witness.

So, is it fair to say that no one has ever reported how the witness came to conclude the 3:38 time?
I remember when we went round and round on this point last year.
And yet somehow this witness noticed the exact time of when this happened.
That got to be pretty unusual, to remember the time to the minute.

Maybe not. If you look at my pics you'll see a clock on the corner of 10th & College Ave.

BBM. I don't think there are any other camera's at that intersection.

There are cameras there, but they don't have a view of the street, or sidewalk.

See the clock? It shows the temperature in the pic.

5edcwh.jpg

But you're correct, afaik. TG's article did not specify a particular "clock" as the source of the 3:38 time stated by the witness.

The witness in the LoHud case and the TG story could very well be separate witnesses. LoHud witness is reported to be leaving from visiting a boy, while the TG witness was getting off of work. The times are different too. The witness in the LoHud video saw LS before she was even walking in the alley. CR & LS left Smallwood @ 2:42 am. I think the last time she is seen on camera is between 3:15-3:30 am. Does anyone have a link stating the last time she was seen on camera?

By Russ McQuaid Fox59 10:10 a.m. EDT, June 13, 2011

...said Capt. Qualters, who told reporters that surveillance cameras in the vicinity of 10th Street and College Avenue and adjoining alleys may show Spierer walking from her Smallwood Plaza apartment building to 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton Avenue.

"I believe that was in the area of 3:15, 3:30," said Capt. Qualters. "That would be somewhere north of 10th Street."

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

The timeline was updated a few days later.

Posted on June 16th, 2011 22:34 by Tony Gatto

Bloomington police today released a timeline that places Lauren in an alley between 10th and 11th streets at 2:51 a.m. with a man who they will not identify. They say that is the last corroboration that they have of Lauren’s whereabouts.

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...n-spierer-mystery-encounter-with-unknown-man/

July 3, 2011, last update: 7/4 @ 10:35 am

2:51 a.m. Security cameras mounted to apartments in the area show Spierer leave the alley toward an empty lot, north of 10th & College Village. Police confirm Spierer’s keys and purse were later found along this route through the alley.
Spierer visits the apartment complex on the southeast corner of 11th and Morton, called 5 North Townhomes, where Rossman lives.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/07/03/news.qp-1931501.sto

JUNE 3, 2011 / 2:51 A.M.

Spierer is captured on video for the last time, walking out of an alley near Smallwood and into an empty lot by 5 North. She shows up on another camera moments before, with someone the police won’t name.

http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/features/story.aspx?ID=1712477

It's quite clear that BO calls the Mystery Man, Cory Rossman from reading Lo Hud.
Exact quote from Tony Gatto, "She is adamant that it was exactly 3:38am".

The easy explanation is the time on the camera was not adjusted to Daylight Savings Time.
Or, she is wrong about the time and it's really only 2:46 AM.

The clocks are moved FORWARD for daylight savings time in March. So if the clock was not moved forward an hour in March it would read 3:38 when it was really 4:38.

The clocks are moved FORWARD for daylight savings time in March. So if the clock was not moved forward an hour in March it would read 3:38 when it was really 4:38.

I believe the correct answer is that she had the wrong time and that the Mystery Man sighting was really around 2:46 AM. And, the mystery man is Corey Rossman. BPD had this information correct long ago. It was WE who did not get it until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cwy1trEtOY&feature=player_embedded

Also, a video posted through the blog. It doesn't provide new information but perhaps worth watching.

One thing I thought about during the video was that LS was only at Sport's for 41 minutes. Minutes after, we can account her condition as being heavily intoxicated when she is at Smallwood. It just makes me wonder what her condition was on the walk to Kilroy's from 5 North. If she took Klonopin on the way to 5 North (approx. 12 am) and continued to drink there, then her condition when she entered Kilroy's at 1:46 am should be similar to how she appears after. If she seems relatively fine, it would make me question what drugs she took at the bar/how much she had to drink to result in her later condition. 41 minutes is a quick time span to go from okay to barely walking unless more drugs/heavy drinking (lots of shots) is involved.

How do we know that the dog lost her scent in the gravel lot on her way to 5N rather than after she left 5N? Up until recently, I always assumed that the dog lost the scent after she left 5N.

But according to JR she didn't go back to her place the same route she took to 5N.
So it wouldn't be after she left 5N.

Maybe Corey Rossman had a good reason to puke on the carpet.
Lauren and Corey exit Smallwood at 2:42. Within 5 minutes she is seen falling 3 times at 10th and College. Nine minutes after leaving home she is last seen on camera. Then, a tracking dog loses her scent before 5 N. This looks very very very grim.

How do we know that the dog lost her scent in the gravel lot on her way to 5N rather than after she left 5N? Up until recently, I always assumed that the dog lost the scent after she left 5N.

I think I now know why Rob Spierer is calling Corey a liar and a coward. Does anyone think he'd say that if the dog trail was after 5 N?

If CR started to carry her, that could be the reason that this dog lost her scent.
I had wondered about that myself. However, I have read these dogs are quite reliable. Perhaps someone who knows more about dogs should answer before I put my foot in mouth again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cwy1trEtOY&feature=player_embedded

Also, a video posted through the blog. It doesn't provide new information but perhaps worth watching.

One thing I thought about during the video was that LS was only at Sport's for 41 minutes. Minutes after, we can account her condition as being heavily intoxicated when she is at Smallwood. It just makes me wonder what her condition was on the walk to Kilroy's from 5 North. If she took Klonopin on the way to 5 North (approx. 12 am) and continued to drink there, then her condition when she entered Kilroy's at 1:46 am should be similar to how she appears after. If she seems relatively fine, it would make me question what drugs she took at the bar/how much she had to drink to result in her later condition. 41 minutes is a quick time span to go from okay to barely walking unless more drugs/heavy drinking (lots of shots) is involved.

The video doesn't provide new info because it is from the Shine concert for Lauren almost a year ago. It's a well done video for sure.

Her extreme condition could also be due to a possible substance done at CR's as the two of them stopped there en route to Sports.

I had wondered about that myself. However, I have read these dogs are quite reliable. Perhaps someone who knows more about dogs should answer before I put my foot in mouth again.

Are you talking about the psychic's dog(s) as the one who lost her scent? I would hope they could sniff both tracks and air.

Are you talking about the psychic's dog(s) as the one who lost her scent? I would hope they could sniff both tracks and air.

No, I am writing about the police tracking dog that Rob Spierer told me about on 16 January. This dog was brought out Saturday 4 June, 2011.

As I recall, the psychic claimed she had a cadaver dog which is not the same as the tracking dog that followed a live scent. I have read that she claimed her cadaver dog had a hit on a dumpster at 5 N.

THIS IS NOT A THEORY THAT I WANT TO PROVE!!!!!!!!!!

The dumpster is an extremely high trafficked area not only because it's where renters dump their trash and where the garbage truck comes and goes, but it sits on the same drive where the renters park their vehicles. Lots of coming and going...not to mention spoiled garbage in the dumpster. Just something to keep in mind.

Jacobite, why were you speaking with Rob Spierer? As a participant in the searches? Where any dog lost any scent is a huge piece of the puzzle and I don't know whether to consider your contributions fact or hearsay, no offense intended. This is just the internet, after all.

Wow - I had no idea there were so many different types of search dogs: air scent dogs, trailing dogs, tracking dogs, cadaver dogs; also ones specifically for disasters, water searches, and avalanches...

http://www.ussartf.org/dogs_search_rescue.htm

I guess it doesn't help if we don't know what type of dog was used. I think an air scent dog would be able to track someone who was being carried if the dog was brought in fairly soon after the person was reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95