IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like LE has said far more than in most recent cases as well...we have become kind of used to hearing nothing at all...

Could be either. Just as likely that this was a drug dealer.

Are you thinking drug dealer that would have been called in because of an accident, or someone Lauren would want to buy from? I ask because she seemed to have nothing on her but her clothes and jewelry, so she couldn't have made a purchase IMO. Her friends said in an interview (I'll hunt down the link), that the coin purse she had on her keys contained her apt card key and credit cards...I assume also any cash.

Someone looking for an easy target, or someone looking for Lauren? MOO.

Her keys were found on a rooftop?? First time I'm hearing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acknowledgment that cocaine use and OD not out of the question.

Police for the first time today acknowledged that they have received information that college student Lauren Spierer may have overdosed on cocaine and that the student or students who were with her panicked and disposed of her body.

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters was asked by a reporter about these "rumors" during a morning media conference.

His reply: "Have we heard information along those lines? Absolutely."

But he said detectives have not ruled that, or any other possibility

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...e-rumor-missing-student-OD-d?odyssey=nav|head

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Police for the first time today acknowledged that they have received information that college student Lauren Spierer may have overdosed on cocaine and that the student or students who were with her panicked and disposed of her body.

But he said detectives have not ruled that, or any other possibility, out in their investigation into the missing student.

"It's absolutely critical for us to be open minded," he said. "There is no shortage of information coming in."

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...r-Cops-acknowledge-rumor-missing-student-OD-d

For those not familiar with Melissa Best, she OD'd on heroin while she was with her sister-in-law. The SIL and BIL (Melissa's husband's brother) moved her body from the location via Melissa's van and abandoned the van and her body in an apt. complex parking lot. The two did not tell Melissa's husband anything, surprisingly.

It just goes to show that people really get scared and freaked out when someone OD's on their "watch," even close family members.

Are you thinking drug dealer that would have been called in because of an accident, or someone Lauren would want to buy from? I ask because she seemed to have nothing on her but her clothes and jewelry, so she couldn't have made a purchase IMO. Her friends said in an interview (I'll hunt down the link), that the coin purse she had on her keys contained her apt card key and credit cards...I assume also any cash.

I just know that when I used to be into drugs I was able to get my dealers to throw me some and pay for it later. It isnt that uncommon if she is a regular buyer or if the dealer is someone she is friends with.

They need to be better at reporting. It has been appauling so far.

The trend for the decline in journalism has paralleled the acquisition of journalistic content into digital media, and all forms of digital media consolidating into fewer and fewer entities. Most media in the US is controlled by 5 large entities, 30 years ago there were dozens.

Doing good journalism is not lucrative, often dangerous, and it's hard work. All of which together make it very unappealing as a career for our increasingly materialistic culture.

At the same time, the positive is that people like YOU are the key to keeping the truth alive. I'm thankful for all those who volunteer their time, come here to think and get to the truth.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surveillance-video-fixes-time-when-lauren-spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

I don't if this is the "final word" but this article quotes Capt Qualters on two critical points:

1) The keys and coin purse do belong to LS. This is the first confirmation of that I have heard. Amin claims he saw it before 3:00AM. We don't know how solid he is on that but I get the impression that he has no relationship to anyone else involved. This tends to add credibility. He claims a friend of his saw the keys lying in the alley later and placed them on the railing where they were later found (do we know by whom?).
2)
2) The time LS and the mystery man were caught on video in the alley was between 3:15
and 3:30AM. This is too late for it to be LS and CR walking to CR's apt from the Smallwood after the 2:45AM altercation. Did they go somewhere else first or is she with someone else? MB's statement is quite clear. LS and CR got to his apt, they put CR "to bed", LS wanted to "party" some more (were these MB's exact words?) but MB has two papers to write so he couldn't. LS "left". Earlier reports have MB describing seeing LS walk towards College. I have seen no claim that MB saw or "knew" that LS was going to JR's apt.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/BH/20110612/NEWS02/106120429/Lauren-Spierer-s-roommate-shares-details-night-before-her-disappearance?odyssey=nav%7Chead
The article quotes Tamir, LS'as roommate. Apparently JR is an "old friend" of Tamir and LS knew him through her. Apparently LS went to JR's place frequently with Tamir (as was confirmed by Keith). Tamir doesn't have much to say as to why JW and LS didn't get together that night.

I think it is highly probable that a car was involved in LS's disappearance so any car that resembled one owned by any of the POI's or any car "behaving suspiciously" during that time period would need to be identified.

I'm guessing this is wrong...just my opinion. LE said a railing...but not a railing on a rooftop. And fox tends to jump the gun, so to speak...

I know... I hate trying to "read" between the lines when listing facts. News outlets make this task very tiring sometimes... errr.... most of the time.

Could be that the other guy on video with her @ 3:30 is a drug dealer.

I keep reading that Tim Miller's group is meeting with LE to see how they can be of help, but not if they plan to begin an actual search-does anyone know?

In quite a few cases bodies have been found in water. But these days, it seems that the first place LE wants to look is water and then these divers and their specialized sonar equipment are brought in. It is it just me?... I'm noticing a trend where they search the lakes and other bodies of water and arent' finding anything. When I look at these, things, I try to put myself in the shoes of ALL those involved, one by one and imagine what it would be like to be them, and then what would they do. This certainly can be unsettling.
Yet, it seems to me, given that these college students are fairly bright people, they would be smarter than to dump her into the lake. At 100 lb.s there are a lot of possibilities, and the lake would be about the dumbest most obvious one. That would point more towards a stranger abduction or a panicked buffoon. To me it seems LE must put on a good show, and the parents seem a little out of touch with the reality of LS's life, so appears this show is also for their benefit.

Consider this... If someone is rich enough and smart enough to hire the very best defense lawyers in Indiana, would they be goofy enough to dump a body in an obvious lake?

Can a local pin-point the general area of these new sightings? I do not know where north is. TIA

btown did this on another LS thread (seems these threads are filling up fast and have been getting closed daily so they can be manageable)

I'm not sure why btown stopped posting but it's very good maps and photos of the area. Do a search for btown.

In quite a few cases bodies have been found in water. But these days, it seems that the first place LE wants to look is water and then these divers and their specialized sonar equipment are brought in. It is it just me?... I'm noticing a trend where they search the lakes and other bodies of water and arent' finding anything. When I look at these, things, I try to put myself in the shoes of ALL those involved, one by one and imagine what it would be like to be them, and then what would they do. This certainly can be unsettling.
Yet, it seems to me, given that these college students are fairly bright people, they would be smarter than to dump her into the lake. At 100 lb.s there are a lot of possibilities, and the lake would be about the dumbest most obvious one. That would point more towards a stranger abduction or a panicked buffoon. To me it seems LE must put on a good show, and the parents seem a little out of touch with the reality of LS's life, so appears this show is also for their benefit.

Consider this... If someone is rich enough and smart enough to hire the very best defense lawyers in Indiana, would they be goofy enough to dump a body in an obvious lake?

If it turns out that the person who disposed of Lauren, assuming she is deceased, was drunk, I doubt very much their intelligence level was a factor. I hope we know, at some point.

They should start checking the limestone quarries that are oh so very close to Bloomington.

It would be interesting to know if they did any drug tests on any of the individuals that are POI's. If she was using cocaine, one would think that her companions that night would be doing the same. If they didnt', too late now, cocaine usually only stays in the system three days.

They should start checking the limestone quarries that are oh so very close to Bloomington.

Along these lines, it would be great if we could tell what direction the vehicle seen in the area at the time of her disappearance was headed when it left the area! Did it go toward the quarries or the lake, or where?! Oh this could tell so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip