IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at work too but can check it. Do you know what site I could look for his records?

I don't remember offhand. And the site I used was for Illinois, not Indiana. :(

I used the site during a journalism class I took in college. I remember looking up one friend and seeing a jaywalking ticket he received . Clearly, the site included all types of crimes!

If no one has found the Indiana site (if it exists) by this evening, I'll try to locate it when I get home.

Thanks for the quote epiphany. So it says that she did stay in their apt to "visit".. I still say it's likely that with the two of them getting to CRs apt 2:50-2:55 that even in chatting with mike for a while before heading 2 doors down to JRs would still allow enough time for a drug deal to be made(and it's even possible that when Lauren got to JRs he had already made the call for a delivery) and the two of them went down and were caugh on cam near the alley engaged in "activity"( which I believe most likely is a drug deal) in the last known video between 3:15-3:30 am..

I think that most likeliest what was taking place and with what we know I believe it is most likeliest JR that is the "friend" that is seen with Lauren in this last video...

I found 2 citations for a J ROSEMBAUM:

1) Infraction: 9-24-13-3/IFC: No Operators License in Possession

2) V - Local Ordinance Violation: Speeding - Certain Streets/OI

I think all of these "infractions" being brought up are not really a big deal.
Because someone got pulled over for speeding doesn't make them a bad person.

However, if they had a history of many traffic tickets that would say more about them.

Aggressive personality, disregard for safety, the law, etc.

A small bit of uplifting news despite the rest --

John Jones was told to make the trip to Bloomington on Monday, and he hasn’t left since. He’s an employee of Buckingham Properties, which owns the Smallwood Plaza property. When news spread that Lauren was missing, he was sent down to help run the headquarters. He said he’s in for the long run, and he’s not leaving until the searches end. He arrives at the headquarters at 6 a.m. each day and doesn’t leave until 8 p.m. After a long day he heads to his Hilton Garden hotel room, kicks off his shoes and falls asleep with the TV on. Jones stands behind the counter of The Copper Cup, which has been closed for three months, offering volunteers water and fresh fruit. Bananas, oranges, apples and bagels replace pastries that once sat in the glass display. All the food Jones offers has been donated. He comes in each day and plans the day’s meals. At 3 p.m. Saturday, he was already planning breakfast for the following morning.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81900

If Jay is short for Jason Isaac, I found a couple of drinking infractions.

All of these people coming from out of state to Bloomington to look for Lauren, and her boyfriend leaves the area and heads back to NY?
What's up with that?

I also found 1 citation for Jesse, the boyfriend:

Wolff, Jesse J - 7.1-5-7-7(a)(1)/MC: Illegal Possession of an Alcoholic Beverage

I wouldn't label "students such as these". It happens everywhere, on every campus, on every country, with rich and with poor students.

Absolutely agree, but it appears to me that the tip-toeing is most prevalent when middle and upper class students are involved.

I just know that when I used to be into drugs I was able to get my dealers to throw me some and pay for it later. It isnt that uncommon if she is a regular buyer or if the dealer is someone she is friends with.

In a campus setting like this, dealers are more likely to be people in the apartment complexes and involved more intimately as students / friends/ etc... The inner city dealer driving around with 24" spinners doesn't fit here.
It's not out of the question... but she didn't have her phone and would have needed to make a connection somehow... she was last with JR... so his phone would be the connection. Tie him to the person in the vehicle and you'd have something. It's not unusual for dealers that know their customers very well to extend credit... they know who is good for the money and who isn't. It's also very common for women to trade sex for cocaine. I just don't see that here either. The drug use here would have been more recreational, social, or perhaps somewhat practical to avoid having to sleep that night. The idea of chasing down a roving dealer in a car doesn't fit the socio-economics. Also, N. College was apparently a regular place for police to be - at the Waffle house accross from Woodburn. (I've not yet seen any verification that the Waffle house was open that night because the road is tore up on that side of the street) That would be in visual range of her supposed path home from JR's. Also the Jail being nearby would have police coming and going too. For these reasons and the frequency of cameras it seemed a stranger abduction wasn't very likely.
Those same reasons would make a roving "ice cream man" style drug dealer unlikely too. LE could spot those people very easily. If there was a car driving around and around, it may have been there for another reason... perhaps it was having trouble finding the location of JR (if he called for delivery or "pickup" service). Again his phone (or perhaps he had multiple phones) would be a clue if there was a link. In this day, I'm thinking there should be so few calls in that area at 4:00 - 5:00 am phone companies could reduce a list of all calls routed in that area and see if a link existed between apartments and vehicles in the area. That would take some computer analysis but should be possible.

Same for Mike Beth - Illegal Possession of an Alcoholic Beverage

Nothing much from all the 4 poi's and Lauren.

Jason Isaac Rosenbaum:

10/24/2008
35-43-5-2.5/MA: False Government Identification
7.1-5-7-7(a)(2)/MC: Illegal Consumption of an Alcoholic Beverage

11/01/2010

The second infraction lists Rosenbaum as living at 297 West 11th Street. Is this consistent with where Jay Rosenbaum lived?

If Jay is short for Jason Isaac, I found a couple of drinking infractions.

Yes...that's him. Drinking infractions in Bloomington are extremely common...it's how the city makes it's money...like shooting fish in a barrel looking for drunk people in a college town with 40k students.

All of these people coming from out of state to Bloomington to look for Lauren, and her boyfriend leaves the area and heads back to NY?
What's up with that?

Perhaps he headed home for some emotional support?

Jason Isaac Rosenbaum:

10/24/2008

11/01/2010

The second infraction lists Rosenbaum as living at 297 West 11th Street. Is this consistent with where Jay Rosenbaum lived?

Yes that's the address for JR. CR and MB also live in those townhomes, so their addresses will be slightly different.

I recall that someone from this forum located and shared the police records of LS and CR (LS's drinking/public intoxication in Sept. 2010 and CR's drinking in Oct. 2010 and Marijuana use in 2008) before they were revealed on the news.

Has anyone researched Jay Rosenbaum to see if he has a record?

I know Illinois has a public site people can use to look up police records, but I'm not sure about Indiana. I'm at work now, so I try to limit my "non-work-related" tabs to just this one; otherwise I would try to do this detective work myself :)

OT: Do you know what the ILLINOIS site is to look that up? I have a best friend whose husband was a druggie and is in jail for not paying child support. He says he was arrested and held in another county on a traffic violation, but she thinks it was drug related. HOW CAN I SEARCH FOR THAT??? She would be thrilled!! THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg