IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What gives you the idea that being attractive repels cocaine? It in fact causes it to be handed to you left and right! I can't imagine an attractive college woman not being offered cocaine, most would not have to buy it...and would have to constantly turn it down! Unless they formed a consumptive addiction, and that's the problem about 2/3 of dancers, strippers, and prostitutes have.

Again this idea of back alley drug deals seems offbase.

I must not be very attractive, then! I was never once offered cocaine at IU, and it wasn't like I avoided the party scene. I guess everyone falls in with a different crowd, though. I hung out with plenty of people who drank (often in excess) and smoked pot, but even in those circles cocaine and other pills weren't considered "cool." And I agree with those who say that buying drugs on the street is NOT at all common in Bloomington. Much more likely that you would buy drugs from a good friend and that any such deal would go down indoors. JMO ...

Is there a video of today's actual press conference? I want to hear exactly what was said, and how it was said. This makes it sound like someone was literally driving around the block when she disappeared. I'm betting someone was, rather than someone parked, who left and came back. MOO

Qualters said the vehicle they have on video may have driven around the block because they know something or because they did something. BPD doesn’t know yet.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81909

I think all of these "infractions" being brought up are not really a big deal.
Because someone got pulled over for speeding doesn't make them a bad person.

However, if they had a history of many traffic tickets that would say more about them.

Aggressive personality, disregard for safety, the law, etc.

That actually is a big deal. Statistically anyway. A lot of people are smart enough to get away with things, all the way up to to top. The smarter and more money someone has don't mean they are less likely to commit crime, it means that they are less likely to be caught, and then less likely to be prosecuted, and then less likley to serve time, and then most likely to get out early if that would ever happen. They are also most likely to get their cases overturned and their records expunged. Do some research one day and look at WHO is in prison. It is not a cross-section of society as it should be. The average IQ of someone in prison is WAY below average.
The education level of those incarcerated is also WAY below average.
What this means is that our legal system does not work fairly. TV crime shows give the illusion that it does, but the facts prove otherwise.
The fact is that smarter and more affluent people tend to get away with things. And so, something as small multiple moving violations could be the only insight into someone's criminal history - even that would actually be sloppy. Very affluent people people do everything they can to remove any trace of criminal records, right down to traffic violations.
I'm of course not saying that because JR has speeding tickets he's done all kinds of other things, but it DOES increase the odds that he does other risky things.

Prior to yesterday's release of many more details to the public by HT (roomie), I had believed that LS would not have told her close females friends about her budding friendship with JR. No worries about LS not being home that morning? Well, then where did roomie think LS was? IMO, believe the closest female/s have more info pertaining to the case and/or lifestyle.

Who's that-HT (roomie)?

It is not at all uncommon for college aged people to go "home" for the summer. Some stay while they complete summer class (which I believe I read that the first summer session is coming to a close) then they leave for the rest of the summer.

So for some of these kids, they very well had summer jobs lined up and/or a place to stay for the summer. It is also very common to sublet your place for the summer for people who do stay in town so it is very possible the people leaving town already had plans in place that would preclude them from staying.

Well, heavy drugs are common, but it's not like people are handing them out on your face.

I am in my early 20's, rich family, Jewish, blonde and petite, party every weekend, have NEVER EVER seen cocaine in front of me. Let alone be offered it left and right.

Honestly, it's not my reality to see cocaine all the time at all. I've never seen it in my party environment.

It is not at all uncommon for college aged people to go "home" for the summer. Some stay while they complete summer class (which I believe I read that the first summer session is coming to a close) then they leave for the rest of the summer.

So for some of these kids, they very well had summer jobs lined up and/or a place to stay for the summer. It is also very common to sublet your place for the summer for people who do stay in town so it is very possible the people leaving town already had plans in place that would preclude them from staying.

Yes, I have 2 college kids who live away during the terms.
Was wondering who LS's "best friend" was?

I must not be very attractive, then! I was never once offered cocaine at IU, and it wasn't like I avoided the party scene. I guess everyone falls in with a different crowd, though. I hung out with plenty of people who drank (often in excess) and smoked pot, but even in those circles cocaine and other pills weren't considered "cool." And I agree with those who say that buying drugs on the street is NOT at all common in Bloomington. Much more likely that you would buy drugs from a good friend and that any such deal would go down indoors. JMO ...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Do you think you are attractive?
If so, were you every offered anything because of it?
It's not 100% the case, but it is a proven fact that humans discriminate generally based on attractiveness... opening doors, letting people go first...
most sales people are attractive because it works...

Also consider this... there are bars that have micro-brews and there are bars that have Miller-lite. They are just bars, but do you think you could guess the clientel's socio-economic status from the beers or wines they serve? Sure it is a sort of stereotyping, but it does have a factual and statistical basis.

I agree, some people are very low-key about their partying and keep it tame. However, more affluent and urban partying tends not to be limited to bud and homegrown(which apparently is potent in Indy).

Yes, I have 2 college kids who live away during the terms.
Was wondering who LS's "best friend" was?

Sorry didn't mean to quote you. I was trying to reply to the post you were replying to. That is what I get for mulit-tasking!

A couple of things. Coke is a little different than pot or pills. Although still accessable in college, it is usually something kept between those who are doing it. It makes perfect sense that she could have met someone in the alley, or had someone drop it off. When I was doing coke regularly during college I had 5 or 6 different sources. Some were within the school I went to and some were from around town. A school like Indiana has a lot of local students. They could easily connect someone to their dealer, who may not be a student.
In regards to JW going home. He is a young kid. If he is innocent he is probably crushed by this and needs the support of his family. Has nothing to do with an internship, I'd assume. If he didnt do it, staying in Indiana would force him to face accusations and the knowledge that he isnt even allowed to feel useful and help with the search effort. If he is guilty, all bets are off. But, the police obviously feel comfortable with him leaving the state. I think that if their were any evidence pointing to him it would have come out by now. If they saw him driving around this case would be solved already.

BW is friends on facebook with one of my really good friend's roomate at NYU. I mean, yes, it is ONE of her 1000+ friends... but my friend loves her roomate and would NEVER, EVER, EVER touch cocaine.

Let's not make assumptions.

Just saying.

While JW has reportedly fled back to Port Wash and JR is nowhere to be found -- CR continues to travel about town, coming in and out of his home -- smiling and laughing. Just sayin.

From personal experience, I am aware of a pattern among college aged, middle class types that, if among a circle of friends, there is an interest in any particular drug, some member of that circle will assume the role of "provider". That person will gain status in the group, earn a little money and be the guy everyone else wants to party with. I think this is pretty much the "norm" for young casual drug users. If something "bad" were to happen, they would be the one in trouble. On the other hand, other people in the group would probably cover for the "provider”. They would probably not "blame" the "provider" if someone, say OD'ed and would very likely deny everything if questioned by the police.

This is certainly a possible exploitation. I wonder if there really was a "tip" or LE is just "fishing". If this turns out to be a drug OD situation, those kid who were involved are going to find themselves in a lot more trouble than if they had call 911 when it happened. Nice middle class college types do succumb to "drug related" deaths. There might be some sort of investigation and there might be the occasion manslaughter charge but usually all that happens is someone gets a "drugs on premises" misdemeanor charge if that. Now that this has become a high profile "Missing White Girl" situation, the consequences might be far more serious.

Drugs have not been proven or even alluded by LE to be any part of this case.

If I had to take a guess right now, I'd be thinking jealousy getting out of control, or a stranger.

Does anyone know if Tim Miller's group is actually searching?

maybe someone she was with was doing the buying? maybe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time

She definitely was in the wrong place at the wrong time or this site wouldn't exist. Yet your point is plausible, she may have stumbled on something - the trouble with it is that she would have stumbled on it, on N. College just a short lit up walk from smallwood.

The stuff in the Alley has been inconsistently reported causing a lot of confusion. Police have never said that there is more than one video in the Alley. That assumption is coming as a result of the time discrepancy for the same video when it was first reported, and when Amin picked up the purse.

Until there is confirmation of a second video, the sequece is like this this:

2:40 CR gets punched at smallwood - LS is there.
2:45 CR/LS seen leaving smallwood on camera
3:00 Amin picks up LS's purse near Alley
3:15 to 3:30 Alley cam picks up CR/LS enroute to CR/MB's apt. where others are present (according to Salzman, CR's lawyer)
3:40ish MB says LS leaves and doesn't want to stay (I've not seen a statement where he says she wants to go off and party! )
?:?? LS gets together with JR who lives 2 doors down from CR/MB (we have no idea how this happened, could have been at CR/MB's, could have been elsewhere, there is no verification of how this happened by anyone or any camera)
4:15 to 4:30 JR says he sees LS leave (apparently from the 11th st. side of the building) and head down N. College toward Smallwood. A very short 3 minute walk in a well lit area with cameras on various buildings. She has no phone, no shoes, and lost her purse and keys back in the Alley which by now are up on the railing (not a rooftop!)

So the WRONG TIME appears to be between 3:45 and 4:30ish
... the WRONG PLACE appears to be Either
a) JR's place or where he took her in that sketchy 30 to 45 minute interval.
OR
b) Right there on N. College Ave about 2 blocks from her building on a well lit street, nearly directly across from a Waffle House frequented by local Police during that hour.

Another thought discounting random vehicle stranger abduction - How would a stranger in a vehicle know that she did not have a phone and could not call 911? If she felt unformfortable about a vehicle approaching her, she could have run screaming and this should have alerted JR (wherever he was standing when he lost saw her) if just a second later she screamed and ran, he should have turned or if he was on a balcony or near a window, poked his head back out. The timing would have had to be very precise, and the perp would have to know she had no phone... that confluence of events seems very against the odds

I am certain drug testinG could be dome from DNA testing, definitely from the blood.. But I believe that according to it being legal that one would have to have been made aware preceding the test that they would be
Testing for drugs..

Drugs like cocaine can not be determined from a DNA test - that's for identification purposes. However, as you are inferring, if the DNA collection were in the form of a blood test or some other bodily fluid where drugs could be detected then that blood or fluid could be tested for drugs (not the DNA itself). And I agree, that would not be admissable evidence if they were not informed of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!