IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try googling. Each state is different. Each county as well. Some counties have their own database, some states only show their prison populations. Do you know what town?

In a campus setting like this, dealers are more likely to be people in the apartment complexes and involved more intimately as students / friends/ etc... The inner city dealer driving around with 24" spinners doesn't fit here.
It's not out of the question... but she didn't have her phone and would have needed to make a connection somehow... she was last with JR... so his phone would be the connection. Tie him to the person in the vehicle and you'd have something. It's not unusual for dealers that know their customers very well to extend credit... they know who is good for the money and who isn't. It's also very common for women to trade sex for cocaine. I just don't see that here either. The drug use here would have been more recreational, social, or perhaps somewhat practical to avoid having to sleep that night. The idea of chasing down a roving dealer in a car doesn't fit the socio-economics. Also, N. College was apparently a regular place for police to be - at the Waffle house accross from Woodburn. (I've not yet seen any verification that the Waffle house was open that night because the road is tore up on that side of the street) That would be in visual range of her supposed path home from JR's. Also the Jail being nearby would have police coming and going too. For these reasons and the frequency of cameras it seemed a stranger abduction wasn't very likely.
Those same reasons would make a roving "ice cream man" style drug dealer unlikely too. LE could spot those people very easily. If there was a car driving around and around, it may have been there for another reason... perhaps it was having trouble finding the location of JR (if he called for delivery or "pickup" service). Again his phone (or perhaps he had multiple phones) would be a clue if there was a link. In this day, I'm thinking there should be so few calls in that area at 4:00 - 5:00 am phone companies could reduce a list of all calls routed in that area and see if a link existed between apartments and vehicles in the area. That would take some computer analysis but should be possible.

Doing a drug deal on the street in Bloomington is VERY unlikely. It's not like you got to go outside to get away from your parents. She can do it up at CR/JR's or at Smallwood. Just doesn't make sense...doing it in front of surveillance cameras, knowing the cops (Waffle House) could be swinging by. This isn't the lower east side of manhattan.

maybe someone she was with was doing the buying? maybe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time

If it turns out that the person who disposed of Lauren, assuming she is deceased, was drunk, I doubt very much their intelligence level was a factor. I hope we know, at some point.

there are only 2 people that we can say with reasonable certainty were "drunk" and that would be CR and LS. CR was obviously drunk (or more) and punched (why? we still don't know... ) and LS coming from a bar, without shoes and phone is assumed drunk as well... thought not as bad off as CR, as she was able to help him home, and time keeps passing. MB was studying and apparently had not been drinking. No one else talks about being drunk, drinking, etc... at all.

Perhaps a student can attest to what is a common pattern after drinking and the bars shut down at 2:00 am. Is it common to go back to someone's dorm/apt and then keep drinking for 2 more hours? Or is it more likely someone would take a few bong hits and go to bed... or do some coke to "clear their head" and then maybe hook up with their bf/gf and then crash? Is last call at Kilroy's 2:00am? Here my question is getting a possible fix on blood alcohol levels if it can be discovered what CR and LS were drinking that night. Surely bartenders, receipts, or friends who know LS's patterns could fill in what is typical.
For example, if she drank 2 mixed drinks and one shot each containing 1oz of alcohol over 2 hrs (12am to 2am) she would be close to legally sober (enough to drive) by about 3 to 4am with no new alcohol consumed.
I'm envisioning CR already having been at Kilroys and LS met him there... he may have been drinking for 2-3 hrs and hitting it a lot harder, so by 2am he may have been far more out of it.

Just wanted to report that word of Lauren is spreading. I am a Sirius XM satellite radio subscriber(and for those not familiar with satellite radio there are 30 million subscribers nationwide).. And tho many may despise and/or disapprove highly of anything related to Howard Stern.. But he is getting the word out and asking that his listeners get involved and to please help this daddy find his 20 year old daughter..

He was directing ppl to go to FindLauren.com says that dad gave out this new website and it's address at one of the recent pressser..

Just an FYI:)

They should start checking the limestone quarries that are oh so very close to Bloomington.

Have you contacted LE about that? Quarries often have standing water, and after all of the rain this year it could be quite deep. It's also relatively dangerous to dive in them. Generally speeds body decomposition too because of the possible extreme alkaline ph. LE should think of that, but you never know...

I would try googling. Each state is different. Each county as well. Some counties have their own database, some states only show their prison populations. Do you know what town?

Are you asking me? It would be Cook/Cooke county IL, not sure how it's spelled.

All of these people coming from out of state to Bloomington to look for Lauren, and her boyfriend leaves the area and heads back to NY?
What's up with that?

Because he is a POI he cannot search. Still, if Lauren was my girlfriend and she was missing, I would stay behind until she's found. Maybe he has an internship or work he needs to go to?

It would be interesting to know if they did any drug tests on any of the individuals that are POI's. If she was using cocaine, one would think that her companions that night would be doing the same. If they didnt', too late now, cocaine usually only stays in the system three days.

LE would have to have been farther ahead of the game and had probable cause and likely would have had to arrest them to do this (who would volunteer to do such a thing). Different if you are driving a car and DUI/DWI is suspected. However, Cocaine can be traced in many ways... and I'd get a search warrant and do that in all apts and vehicles. If they aren't doing that by now, something is wrong or they have strong leads in another direction.

LE would have to have been farther ahead of the game and had probable cause and likely would have had to arrest them to do this (who would volunteer to do such a thing). Different if you are driving a car and DUI/DWI is suspected. However, Cocaine can be traced in many ways... and I'd get a search warrant and do that in all apts and vehicles. If they aren't doing that by now, something is wrong or they have strong leads in another direction.

I guess I would think if they volunteered DNA, they would volunteer a drug test as well (if not quilty of anything). I'm just surprised LE answered the questions they did, or rather answered it in that way - interesting.

College has come a long way from heavy drinking and some pot use. I guess kids are moving on to bigger, and heavier things..scares me.

Looks like her best friend has left Indiana; according to facebook that is.

Perhaps a student can attest to what is a common pattern after drinking and the bars shut down at 2:00 am. Is it common to go back to someone's dorm/apt and then keep drinking for 2 more hours? Or is it more likely someone would take a few bong hits and go to bed... or do some coke to "clear their head" and then maybe hook up with their bf/gf and then crash? Is last call at Kilroy's 2:00am? Here my question is getting a possible fix on blood alcohol levels if it can be discovered what CR and LS were drinking that night. Surely bartenders, receipts, or friends who know LS's patterns could fill in what is typical.

When I went there, Sports closed down at 3am. Last call maybe 245? Students would then tend to go to Taco Bell or a pizza place for a slice. I knew many who would then go back to each others houses, or go home to "hook up" with whoever you met at the bar. I don't see any of the events of that to be abnormal at all, other than Lauren is now missing. In fact, it sounds like my typical weekend while in college.

Doing a drug deal on the street in Bloomington is VERY unlikely. It's not like you got to go outside to get away from your parents. She can do it up at CR/JR's or at Smallwood. Just doesn't make sense...doing it in front of surveillance cameras, knowing the cops (Waffle House) could be swinging by. This isn't the lower east side of manhattan.

You don't have to be a big city to have outside drug deals. I live in a small town of 5500 people and we have street corner drug deals here. No one looking to buy drugs in an alley is thinking that the cops will be reviewing surveillance of the event.

You do not need money to get drugs....there are all kinds of ways to get drugs without cash.

Also, your drug dealers in small towns or college towns are not like you imagine or see on TV. Most often, they are fellow students with connections...and parents. Yes, parents. So sad.

Forgive me if this sounds REALLY stupid but can Cocaine be traced from a DNA sample?

that's interesting..especially if it was taken around the time of usage...my guess would be that they would have to be specifically testing for it. I don't know...

I administered drug tests for years, so I know some about that, but DNA..not sure

I guess I would think if they volunteered DNA, they would volunteer a drug test as well (if not quilty of anything). I'm just surprised LE answered the questions they did, or rather answered it in that way - interesting.

College has come a long way from heavy drinking and some pot use. I guess kids are moving on to bigger, and heavier things..scares me.

Clean "pee" can be bought and paid for....crazy thing, I know. This world is definitely a scary place.

The more you guys talk about, the more I believe that "activity" may possibly be drug related.

Seems SO stupid to me that a girl as beautiful and smart and Lauren would do cocaine, but alas, it happens. It makes me very sad.

Anyways, if an OD was the case, I can't believe how stupid these guys are being. With their money and capability to hire expensive lawyers, they could have just called the police and done so.

They would be in FAR less trouble then they potentially will be now.

What gives you the idea that being attractive repels cocaine? It in fact causes it to be handed to you left and right! I can't imagine an attractive college woman not being offered cocaine, most would not have to buy it...and would have to constantly turn it down! Unless they formed a consumptive addiction, and that's the problem about 2/3 of dancers, strippers, and prostitutes have.

Again this idea of back alley drug deals seems offbase.

I am certain drug testinG could be dome from DNA testing, definitely from the blood.. But I believe that according to it being legal that one would have to have been made aware preceding the test that they would be
Testing for drugs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member