IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article about Hayden's letters: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...leged-killer-of-stalking-ius-campus-for-years

Messel's lawyer says Hayden is making it all up. BD said last spring they do not think Messel is connected to disappearance of LS.
Hayden claims LS is buried near a Bloomington Lake.

Are you sure about the BD comments (assuming you are talking about Bo Deitl)? I don't recall hearing him address this at all and don't see that at your link. There was a retired FBI agent that is working for television that said he had developed new information and didn't think DM was involved. But unless his new information contained the proverbial smoking gun then he made it at a time he wouldn't even had time to really know and consider DM (It was made and aired immediately after his arrest). Let alone investigate that possibility at all.

Sounds like the inmate is wrangling for a deal. The thing is, if he really has photos to back up his allegations, then I think the legal system should probably consider some kind of deal IF he can provide those photos and everything checks out. And if not, nothing changes for him.

Thanks. I don't believe I ever saw that. That said, the same as with the retired FBI investigator, the comments are coming so soon after DM's arrest that it makes it nearly impossible that DM could've ever been investigated in this. Clearly, they would've already had a theory or theories they'd been working on and of course DM wouldn't fit in those theories or even been on their radar because until his arrest they likely never even heard of him.
But their existing theories haven't exactly led to a solving of the case so I take their comments with a grain of sand. I'd be interested to see where they stand now after presumably some investigation looking DM's way. Have they even been able to exclude him at this point?

Now, who is it who claims to have seen the video of Lauren leaving Smallwood because a man from Security told me they wouldn't show that to anyone without a warrant. After all that might violate the privacy of some senators son or daughter.
And, remember BPD broke down the door to the security center and confiscated the hard drives before the person could have seen the video. So now am I to believe the cops are saying they are keeping it close to the vest while assisting a reporter in writing a scandalous story by sharing that elevator video?

BBM good one. so what do you think it is? Is it that we aren't sure if anyone has actually seen the video besides LE?

I didn't bring it up. I just gave my opinion on it again. And i think it is a major piece to this case, so I am always ready to discuss it.

I agree with the poster who said the scale is probably off with regards to the possible person in the back. That's why I said I think it is quite possible it was a picture of LS superimposed into the picture of the truck. They may have wanted someone to see that. It was an attempt to get someone to talk. That is the only thing they are waiting on... Someone to talk. JMO

BBM Yes I agree with that, If someone was involved that had another white truck, or similar truck, they might do something like BSL did in the MS case.

But you and Akh reminded me the bar witness supposedly told LE that she circled the block
as well.
to see if Lauren was ok.

If she was circling the block, she was seen on camera. Then, when questioned, she admitted to seeing Lauren hit her head.

Let's just say there are those who would prefer that we don't believe that Chick Justin's friend really heard Lauren scream at four thirty eight that morning.
I suspect that while the police claim to keep the case close to the vest, they may be releasing info to reporters in an attempt to skew public opinion towards the drug OD theory. After all, Bloomington did not wish for college girls to be scared and think a Daniel Messel was out there.
Those college boys were no doubt having a noisy party. Perhaps someone was waiting close by for a college girl to leave. Maybe, if Lauren's roommate had gone to that party and left at that wee hour we'd be discussing her instead.
Furthermore, I see that the state police consider Messel a suspect in this case.
Name anyone else called a suspect. And, the detectives who works for the Spierer's have made it clear that Lauren was conscious and not in a coma. I have seen no proof that she could not have made it out the door. Perhaps she did not have to go far to find trouble. Hannah Wilson didn't have to go far.

Jacobite, Where did you see that the State Police consider DM a suspect? Link, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a news story. Not long after Hannah was killed. After all, how could he not be?
It appears he stalked, ambushed, abducted, and killed an IU college girl after a party in the same area.

Hayden says he helped Messel recover the woman's remains along Ind. 46 between Bloomington and Ellettsville and gave a detailed description of the area where the body was hidden. He also claims he took pictures of body, clothing and the woman's identification and has those photos stored in a safe place.
http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...essel-trolled-iu-campus-looking-for-women.php

Well, this should be relatively quickly put to rest, no? Either she is in that spot or she's not. Either he actually has photos, or it was all made up. I suspect the latter. The story about getting someone to help relocate a body a year after the searches are over makes no sense.

@Jacobite, I don't believe DM was ever called a suspect in Lauren's disappearance. IIRC, the only comment from BP was that there was so far no connection to Lauren's case, but they would be investigating any possible links.

It was a news story. Not long after Hannah was killed. After all, how could he not be?
It appears he stalked, ambushed, abducted, and killed an IU college girl after a party in the same area.

Searching the words "lauren spierer" + messel + suspect doesn't seem to get any news stories about police considering Messell a suspect in LS's disappearance. It gets stories with misleading headlines like this:

"Police probe link between murdered IU student and unsolved disappearance of Lauren Spierer"
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/2...und-dead-say-last-visited-same-bar-as-lauren/

The police quote is this:

""We are exploring the possibility of a connection," Bloomington Police Capt. Joe Qualters told FoxNews.com Monday."

The headline doesn't say "police probe possibility of connection" which would be more accurate. The police quote shows they are looking at the *idea* of a connection. The headline makes it look like there is a link and the police are "on it".

So how could Messell not be a suspect currently? Easily - I think the police only use the word "suspect" when they have definite evidence that leads them to believe someone is responsible. It's easy to see him as a potential suspect, which is different to the police actually naming him as one. They may do eventually, we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2...essel-trolled-iu-campus-looking-for-women.php

Well, this should be relatively quickly put to rest, no? Either she is in that spot or she's not. Either he actually has photos, or it was all made up. I suspect the latter. The story about getting someone to help relocate a body a year after the searches are over makes no sense.

@Jacobite, I don't believe DM was ever called a suspect in Lauren's disappearance. IIRC, the only comment from BP was that there was so far no connection to Lauren's case, but they would be investigating any possible links.

I read that is he gave a detailed description of the location the body was hidden in the Elletsville area BEFORE it was moved.

As for photos, I think it's like I said further back in the thread. Sounds like he's wrangling for a deal. He's asking for a deal to show the photos. Not sure they'd be willing to deal, but I'm sure they wouldn't deal unless he really has photos that pan out. He probably doesn't want any 'if' strings attached to the deal.

But I doubt, regardless of what photos he has (or not), he's not just going to turn them over to back up his story like you're implying would happen. He wants that deal. They are his leverage.

Or this is all a ticket to his 15 mins of fame...

In the following link:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...dents-slaying-long-history-violence/26752185/

a bar manager says DM was at Yogi's the night Hannah was killed. Wonder if DM was at Yogi's the night LS went missing. I'm sure LE has already checked into that. Does Yogi's have cameras installed in the bar? Would be interesting in knowing if any POI's were there the night LS went missing also.

bartender/mgr witness worked at Yogis. JW and gang lived right around the corner from Yogis.

Also, the AEPIS are known to work in the kitchen at Gamma Phi Beta(Hannah's sorority), I know this first hand. I am in no way blaming the AEPIS for murder.
Just illustrating the awful serendipity of associations.
These people were all getting drunk in the same bar. Drugs were dealt. Criminals were brushing shoulders with these reckless kids and observing their behavior
with evil intentions.

Picture this: Kilroys is close to the people who live in the downtown apts such as 5N, SW, 10th and C, etc. Yogis is in a student neighborhood, and much closer to the frats and sororities than the downtown bars. So
it's their neighborhood bar, and also, a finishing bar for when they've been downtown drinking, much less worries about DUIs, PIs, etc. and within walking distance from Hannah's too.
What did Hayden get put away for? IMO, he is involved in something with Messell and now that Merssell's caught wants to attempt a plea before something Messell confesses to gets them the DP.
Keeping in mind they could have done something
in another state. Such as Kentucky. Reason why I say that is they were over in Terre Haute at the GBLT bar.
Midwest/Indiana GBLT circuit would never be complete w/o Louisville! And then there's Cinci.

For the public, DM HAS to be a POI. As Jacobite has pointed out, he fits the profile of the 'random abductor' that could do this. Maybe LE has been able to exclude him by knowing where he was during LS' disappearance but they haven't shared that. So IMHO we have a 1A (5N), 1B (JW), and now a 1C (DM) that all have to be at the top of the list of most likely PsOI. And nothing IMO to separate them from the pack. Well, except DM has shown he's a killer, will attack a drunken college girl, and will dump the body. So maybe he should be at the top of the list alone for that reason.

Oh, not the white truck again. The driver was located and his story vetted.
I only bring it up as Hayden brought up that his friend may have hit her. No other vehicles were seen or mentioned. That leads to the possibility Hayden is being truthful and explain her vanishing and not seen on other cameras. "Hitting her" may not have damaged the vehicle as she was already banged up, intoxicated and close to unconscienceness. She could have been in the alleyway, on the street or curb passed out. Maybe the friend only ran her over. Anyways, the police could have scoured the truck and questioned the owner weeks later and found nothing if the friend had wrapped her in a blanket or tarp in the back before disposing and left her wrapped in it leaving no forensic evidence. It's not unlikely, it could still be relevant considering this new information.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

crazy theory: what if Hayden, when he says HE helped a friend who had hit someone with HER car, he means Messell, not himself? Or, that he and Messell both helped the woman move the body?
Another question: did they help the woman dump the body initially? Because otherwise the woman would have to go with them to find it and move it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member