IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, that article changed from this:

"According to Rossman's attorney, Carl Salzmann, there was an altercation with a person now believed to be Lauren's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, and some of his friends. Wolff was apparently angry that he was unable to reach Lauren to arrange a meeting since she had left her phone at the bar. During the altercation, Corey was punched and has stated he remembers nothing after the fight."

To this:

"There was apparently an altercation at the apartment complex, allegedly with friends of Lauren's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff. Wolff may have been angry that he was unable to reach Lauren to arrange a meeting since she had left her phone at the bar. During the altercation, Corey was punched and has stated he remembers nothing after the fight."

http://www.examiner.com/soap-opera-...-missing-cousin-of-tamara-bruan#ixzz1PSiY4En4

Sloppy reporting, Rene Thurston!

(ETA: Sorry, I see this was already posted above!)

Sounds like Mom believes information is being withheld by those who know Lauren

Her roommate has given me bad feelings from the beginning...I don't know why, she just does...she said at one point she was the one who was friends with JR, and Lauren met him through her.

I wonder if Hadir?? was more caught up with that circle of friends, than Lauren was.

Thanks, lovejac! Irresponsible of you, Rene Thurston!

if I have learned ONE thing from WS (besides that fact that the most wonderful people post here :crazy:) is that media is always making mistakes with their reporting.

HI Shock..totally agree with you on the business thing. I understand that you don't want to give your opinion on what happened etc., but now you've got me a little curious.

When you first started in this thread you were quite upset at the drug accusations that were going on, and I totally understand that too.

Now, you are asking for anyone that knows a drug dealer with a truck like that to please call in etc.

So I guess I'm wondering if you are hearing more scuttle regarding that or if you've had a change of heart?

Just curious..

I was upset by the statements being made that were being presented as factual when the truth is there is NO factual evidence supporting the statements.

Stating that maybe there were drugs related and maybe the kids who were with her have some knowledge is a far cry from saying

xx IS a drug dealer.

My daughter is friends with XX.

Sure he still could be a drug dealer but there is NO evidence of that.

All she knows is that she does NOT know that he is a drug dealer and by all that she knows OF him there is NO indication that he IS a drug dealer.

IF he was she would have heard something by now even if he never approached her.

My daughter does not do drugs. My daughter does drink. My daughter has used faked IDs. My daughter is not a saint. I am not one of those parents who hides my head in the sand and say there is no way drugs are involved.

Bloomington has a serious drug problem. I do not know of a campus that does not even my local Community College does.

IF there were drugs involved and IF there is someone who is supplying drugs who drives a truck like that then whomever knows should come forward and tell.

I just wanted to let them know that they can do it through a law firm and be 100% secure in knowing that their identity would never be found out.

Her roommate has given me bad feelings from the beginning...I don't know why, she just does...she said at one point she was the one who was friends with JR, and Lauren met him through her.

I wonder if Hadir?? was more caught up with that circle of friends, than Lauren was.

I agree. I've been saying all along that I think the girl roommate has either been outright lying or at least withholding information.

If the fight began in the lobby of LS's building, perhaps CR refused to take LS to her apartment (5th floor?) because not only was he not allowed in the building, but because he thought he might get jumped or assaulted by JW's friend/s if he moved away from the Smallwood lobby...and apparently, he did.

Epiphany, from what I understand, the lobby is on the fifth floor. Not on the ground floor.

Also, if Lauren went to Kilroy's at 1:46am and stayed there til 2:226am or so, how could she have gotten sooo drunk in that short amount of time?

Either a) she left Smallwood already drunk, and her friends shouldn't have left her go, or b) she was slipped a drug in her drink. MOOOOOO

ETA:

I would like to know where this article got the information about JW being with Lauren on the night of her disappearance. This is a totally different story that what we have read anywhere else. If true, it changes things dramatically in my eyes. But, I'm not ready to believe it yet.

That confrontation took place the next day after Lauren disappeared. JW went to CR's apt. and there was a brawl.

IMO, both hang out with them...it's the other group of friends that may not have known just how often. LS was comfortable going to JR's building with DR at 12:30; LS was hanging out at the bar with CR; hanging out for awhile with MB at his and CR's place. They all knew each other: HT and LS know the guys in both apartments: both JR's and CR's apartments. HT has stated that she and LS hung out at JR's place a lot in the past.

That confrontation took place the next day after Lauren disappeared. JW went to CR's apt. and there was a brawl.

I feel like I've read that somewhere too - that it wasn't the night of her disappearance, but much later.

Where did you read it?

LE has been SO tightlipped about the fight.

Epiphany, from what I understand, the lobby is on the fifth floor. Not on the ground floor.

Also, if Lauren went to Kilroy's at 1:46am and stayed there til 2:226am or so, how could she have gotten sooo drunk in that short amount of time?

Either a) she left Smallwood already drunk, and her friends shouldn't have left her go, or b) she was slipped a drug in her drink. MOOOOOO

It's pretty common for college students, particularly underaged ones, to "pregame" before going out. They do this for two reasons: A.) Alcohol is more expensive at bars and they want to save their money. B.) If they're underage, they may choose to drink less at the bar to avoid getting caught.

I feel like I've read that somewhere too - that it wasn't the night of her disappearance, but much later.

Where did you read it?

According to one of the attorneys, I believe that confrontation-if there was one, occurred only about 2 days after LS disappeared.

YES! It was bad reporting and the article from this morning has been changed, but doesn't mention anything about the rumored confrontation at CR's apartment that occurred a day or two after Lauren's disappearance.

So we don't know yet who passed the lie detector??

Where did you read it?

Oh God, I know the link is somewhere in the previous threads, maybe 2 or 3? Will try to find.

OR she had already been drinking that night before reaching the bar; or she was combining alcohol with another substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7