IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the fight began in the lobby of LS's building, perhaps CR refused to take LS to her apartment (5th floor?) because not only was he not allowed in the building, but because he thought he might get jumped or assaulted by JW's friend/s if he moved away from the Smallwood lobby...and apparently, he did.

Who knows. You could be right. Apparently everyone involved was drinking heavily, thus Corey was "put to bed" by his roommate. It's hard to know whether anyone was acting rationally at that time. Interestingly, her friends had never met Corey before. Did she first meet him that night?

Who knows. You could be right. Apparently everyone involved was drinking heavily, thus Corey was "put to bed" by his roommate. It's hard to know whether anyone was acting rationally at that time. Interestingly, her friends had never met Corey before. Did she first meet him that night?

LS and her roommate HT were introduced to CR at the Indy 500 2 weeks earlier by JR.

I'm all for posting almost anything that is allowed, but I hate it when they start calling out businesses and bringing them unwanted publicity that could harm their business. From Rainy's Painting website, it looks like they run a very nice business and I hate it that people start trying to assume things, it really can start to make a business look bad.

But, we don't know. If my child were missing and endangered and I was desperate for info, I wouldn't care what businesses were mentioned.

The LE and Lauren's family have asked us, the public, for any info, no matter how small or insignificant, and that is what we are doing.

If these two businesses are reputable and nice, then it really won't matter if their names are brought up. JMO

This article states that the person in the altercation w LS and CR is "now believed to be" JW...

Has anyone seen this anywhere else?

http://www.examiner.com/soap-opera-...n-spierer-case-missing-cousin-of-tamara-bruan

I know we're all leaning towards random crime of opportunity bc of the truck but something bugs me about the fact that the boyfriend isn't even in town anymore. If I went missing...I seriously doubt my bf would go home to another state to wait it out, even if he couldn't participate...wouldn't he want to help her family?

ETA:
According to Rossman's attorney, Carl Salzmann, there was an altercation with a person now believed to be Lauren's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, and some of his friends. Wolff was apparently angry that he was unable to reach Lauren to arrange a meeting since she had left her phone at the bar.

I would like to know where this article got the information about JW being with Lauren on the night of her disappearance. This is a totally different story that what we have read anywhere else. If true, it changes things dramatically in my eyes. But, I'm not ready to believe it yet.

HT, roomie of LS, has stated that she and LS had met CR only once before through JR who lives 2 doors down from CR and has been described by others as good friends with CR. Both girls appear to have spent time at JR's building in the past since HT has recently stated such and that she knew JR well.

Personally, I don't believe that either of the girls barely knew CR.

If she was in the lobby of her apartment building, why would she need CR to "take" her to her apartment? :waitasec:

And if they were so concerned, why didn't they just take LS to the floor of her apartment themselves? Perhaps, they wanted CR to move away from the lobby so they could continue confronting him.

I would like to know where this article got the information about JW being with Lauren on the night of her disappearance. This is a totally different story that what we have read anywhere else. If true, it changes things dramatically in my eyes. But, I'm not ready to believe it yet.

I agree that it's strange he left town...although it is summer break. Maybe he had a flight home already paid for and decided since he can't help with the searches (due to being a POI) and has possibly been ostracized by the community, he should go home, be with his family. I can see if I was in his position, going home to my mom and dad (who live 10 hours away from my college). They are a source of comfort to me and might help me through this difficult time.

She stopped in to CR/MB's apt and MB put CR to bed. Then she went to JRs.

Through his attorney, MB has stated that he and Lauren visited for awhile. More than 15 or so minutes in my mind.

ETA:
According to Rossman's attorney, Carl Salzmann, there was an altercation with a person now believed to be Lauren's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, and some of his friends. Wolff was apparently angry that he was unable to reach Lauren to arrange a meeting since she had left her phone at the bar. [QUOTE/]

WOW!

Spierer was last seen at 11th Street and College Avenue in Bloomington in the early morning hours of June 3rd. Apparently, Lauren and an acquaintence, Corey Rossman, left the sports bar together and walked to her apartment building. Cameras recorded the two lingering in the lobby briefly at around 2:40 a.m. but they then left to go to Rossman's apartment.

According to Rossman's attorney, Carl Salzmann, there was an altercation with a person now believed to be Lauren's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, and some of his friends. Wolff was apparently angry that he was unable to reach Lauren to arrange a meeting since she had left her phone at the bar. During the altercation, Corey was punched and has stated he remembers nothing after the fight.

I would REALLY like a confirmation of this!!!

I agree, I don't fault him for leaving town. He wasn't able to help out with the search. I just don't know where the article referenced got the information about JW being at the apartment that night. That information, if true, would change things for me.

yes but the reporters have that whole story wrong.... it also says that CR was the last to see her at 430 but we know JR was

You're right that the CR thing is wrong. But you're also wrong to say we "know" JR was the last to see her. JR told police that, but we have no independent (video) confirmation.

I agree, I don't fault him for leaving town. He wasn't able to help out with the search. I just don't know where the article referenced got the information about JW being at the apartment that night. That information, if true, would change things for me.

Oh, he!! yeah!

I'm going to post a comment on that article and see if the writer responds.

I think the media has that wrong. I believe HT that JW was not part of that fight. he would have been in the LE's reports and most likely not allowed to leave the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamert.ellie