IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That really doesn't make much sense. The timing would be all wrong. And what did this witness do when this witness supposedly saw all this? Nothing?
Excellent point. If she's the bar manager it would have been her responsibility to intervene if the young woman was in the condition she allegedly described to TG.

I agree with this. I saw the presser too and Qualter's said 2:51am is when she is last seen on video in the alley at the gravel lot heading toward the boys' apts. He never says it was confirmed she was there. Everything that happened after that video has been given to LE from the POI's, not video. He did make it a point to make that distinction.

I saw the press-conference as well. And we have yet another example of incorrect reporting, if the article claims she arrived at CR's at 2:51 am, that's not correct.

Excellent point. If she's the bar manager it would have been her responsibility to intervene if the young woman was in the condition she allegedly described to TG.

I disagree. Bar tenders see patrons like this all the time, especially in college towns. They are responsible for these people when they are at their establishment and have been serving them drinks, but not anywhere else. For all she knew, it could have been her boyfriend or this unknown male said he was going to take her home. I would like to know more of what this male said. How did he act?

I do agree though, what does this person (and apparently a female) have to gain from lying about all this?

Might not be lying ... could have been a different blonde girl she saw and all this coverage makes her think twice about it and finally she decides it was LS.

Witness memories are not exactly perfect things.

Hopefully where ever this person was seen has some cameras and this could evaluated...

I'm curious. I've not seen tonygatto.com until following this thread. The previous posts at the website seem well done. However, this last one raises questions for me. What are the site's and/or writer's credentials? What is their experience?

Where's Btown's map with the location of the cameras? Is there any cameras in the vicinity of 10th and college?

Also, when she stated that the man slung LS over his shoulder, that would mean that he had to have been walking?? The witness didnt' state if he came from a car or put LS in a car.

If he was walking, surely there had to have been SOME camera that would have picked him up prior to him running into LS. If he was walking, he would have to live close by??

Was the witness walking or driving? She never stated. SHE had to have been walking too, otherwise she woudln't have noticed so much, and actually heard him talking.

I know the witness is a woman, so she might have felt that she was in danger and didn't intervene...not many of us would know if we would help or not in a situation like that. But once she was safely home a few minutes or so later, wouldn't she call the PD immediately just to let them know that she noticed a man pick up a completely incoherent girl? I would have.

The 4:15AM phone call LS supposedly made surely does not fit with this new witness...assuming LS made that call, of course...but it makes it all that much more confusing...

Were there any cameras anywhere near where the witness says she saw Lauren...they seem to be lots of places...

I'm wondering if JR could have been out of it and meant she left at 3:30am vs. 4:30am?

But that wouldn't fit with HT's claim that JR said Lauren called DR at 4:15am from his phone.

I do agree though, what does this person (and apparently a female) have to gain from lying about all this?

What a detailed description, too! Details on his sideburns-thin, pointed, rounded. Was so close as to see LS's eyes nearly closed.

I disagree. Bar tenders see patrons like this all the time, especially in college towns. They are responsible for these people when they are at their establishment and have been serving them drinks, but not anywhere else. For all she knew, it could have been her boyfriend or this unknown male said he was going to take her home. I would like to know more of what this male said. How did he act?

Her timing is off. If she said this was at 4:38 am, it would make more sense.
but 3:38 am doesn't make sense. CR, MB and JR has no reason to claim Lauren was at their apartments if she wasn't there.

Where's Btown's map with the location of the cameras? Is there any cameras in the vicinity of 10th and college?

Also, when she stated that the man slung LS over his shoulder, that would mean that he had to have been walking?? The witness didnt' state if he came from a car or put LS in a car.

If he was walking, surely there had to have been SOME camera that would have picked him up prior to him running into LS. If he was walking, he would have to live close by??

Was the witness walking or driving? She never stated. SHE had to have been walking too, otherwise she woudln't have noticed so much, and actually heard him talking.

I know the witness is a woman, so she might have felt that she was in danger and didn't intervene...not many of us would know if we would help or not in a situation like that. But once she was safely home a few minutes or so later, wouldn't she call the PD immediately just to let them know that she noticed a man pick up a completely incoherent girl? I would have.

Why would she intervene? Presumably the girl came from somewhere else, she hadn't just left this woman's establishment.
For all she knows the two are a couple or good friends.

Unless she definitely knew that it was some random guy trying to take advantage of her, I don't think anyone would have intervened in the same situation.

Reading again, the woman doesn't claim to have seen the blonde girl in a bar. She's a bar manager, and had "just come off work". Sounds like she might have been walking home when she witnessed the incident at College and 10th. I'm still very skeptical.

Her timing is off. If she said this was at 4:38 am, it would make more sense.
but 3:38 am doesn't make sense. CR, MB and JR has no reason to claim Lauren was at their apartments if she wasn't there.

I agree....and why would they insist that they had seen her leave at 4:15AM if they didn't have any idea what time it was? Does it have to do with the phone call? Did they check the phone and use that for their timeline?

Why would she intervene? Presumably the girl came from somewhere else, she hadn't just left this woman's establishment.

Unless she definitely knew that it was some random guy trying to take advantage of her, I don't think anyone would have intervened in the same situation.

And yet somehow this witness noticed the exact time of when this happened.
That got to be pretty unusual, to remember the time to the minute.

Might not be lying ... could have been a different blonde girl she saw and all this coverage makes her think twice about it and finally she decides it was LS.

Witness memories are not exactly perfect things.

Could be but you think she would have remembered if she was wearing black leggings and a white top, or, perhaps she saw the photo they released of LS walking down the hall and realized it was for sure her. You never know.

I've been comparing the sex offenders list to the description of the alleged ride-offerer. Should I link? Summarize? I've found a few that sort of match some of the descriptions, but I'm assuming that in a low-lighting situation many of this lady's details are off.

ETA: I am not sure what this woman means by "dark skinned", b/c it could be anything from a Mediterranean complexion to black/dark south asian. I think she didn't alert the authorities b/c judging by the polo, he could have been about the age/look of a fellow college student. There are two registered SOs that kind of fit her description if you skew lighter-skinned/Mediterranean complexion and are bad at guessing height/weight like most are. Creepy since one works @ a waffle house nearby and the other is an IU student.

IF this girl is telling the truth and she was interviewed twice by police including a sketch artist, we know that police know more than the videos they have released are telling us. Who knows if there are other witnesses to corroborate her story, or the suggestion that LS was somewhere other than the boys' apartments after 2:51.

From the article, I took it as the "witness" seemed like it was out of sorts, or suspicious...especially since she went into such detailed description of how out of it LS supposedly was.

I'm not saying she should have intervened, not many people like to risk their safety. I understand that. However if it seemed out of sorts to me, I would have probably reported it. JMO of course.

From the article, I took it as the "witness" seemed like it was out of sorts, or suspicious...especially since she went into such detailed description of how out of it LS supposedly was.

I'm not saying she should have intervened, not many people like to risk their safety. I understand that. However if it seemed out of sorts to me, I would have probably reported it. JMO of course.

She also supposedly remembers the exact time to the minute. Which would suggest to me she believed something strange was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay