IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
where did you hear/read this? I have googled every news article and only find reference to the confrontation in the lobby.

Don't remember and now I cant find it. Supposedly read that the fight was caught on the elevators camera. Just disregard until I find it.

LE has not publicly identified the man in the video. That doesn't mean they don't know his identity.

I agree they have to know who he is.
I presume it has to be CR. The timing fits perfectly with the new revised timeline.

By the way, police have just released the new and improved timeline today. Nothing was said about LS being out on the street at 3:38 am. The truck was driving at 4:14 to 4:24, if LS was out at 3:38 am with some strange man, it would seem this truck had nothing to do with any of it. So why would police be releasing the new timeline and the truck photos if LS was out on the street at 3:38 am with some strange man?

Maybe they think the driver of the truck was the same man seen with LS. Maybe they think the driver of the truck could have seen something too.
Just because LE hasn't told us of videos or anything else doesn't mean no other evidence exists. Actually, they probably know much, much more than we know.

That's the same video LE originally claimed was of LS with someone at 3:15-3:30 am. Now they say it was at 2:48 am to 2:51 am.
It was right after she left her apartment.

thanks. Now that makes me recall that when LE released the pics of the truck yesterday, they stated that they hadn't verified the time stamp on the pics.

I wonder if those times are a little off as well.

What are y'alls thoughts on that?

But we don't know if LE interviewed her. We don't know if what she told Gatto is true. We can't be certain she even exists. Nothing in that post has been verified by authorities.

True but I bet it'll make tomorrow's presser a bit more interesting!

LE has not publicly identified the man in the video. That doesn't mean they don't know his identity.

Because they haven't released this person's identity makes me believe that this person is not CR.

I only come to this conclusion because everyone assumes it was CR because he was supposedly walking with her back to CR's apartment.

Because they aren't saying who it is, makes me really think that this person had something to do with her disappearance, especially since they say there is "activity" in the video. Not just friendly walking.

I can see myself checking the time if I was worried and needed to get out of there asap, and was wondering how many more minutes I had before I got home.

I can see that, too. I would check the time in an incident like this.

Don't remember and now I cant find it. Supposedly read that the fight was caught on the elevators camera. Just disregard until I find it.

Thanks! But you don't have to look for the article.

Someone else found it upthread and posted it.:crazy:

The alleged 4:15AM call made by Lauren is a sticking point for me...did she really make that call? And if she did not, why would they say she did, if she was safely (well...more or less) out of their apartment and out of their view by then, long before, in fact, if she was seen by this witness?

The alleged call could have been JR calling to find out where LS was, or if she made it back because she disappeared. Plus, this call has only been reported from HT. Still I don't know why he would have said he saw her at 4:30 walking away. That part is the part that doesn't add up to me.

Because they haven't released this person's identity makes me believe that this person is not CR.

I only come to this conclusion because everyone assumes it was CR because he was supposedly walking with her back to CR's apartment.

Because they aren't saying who it is, makes me really think that this person had something to do with her disappearance, especially since they say there is "activity" in the video. Not just friendly walking.

The LE released the image of the truck. If they had LS on video with some strange man they couldn't ID, they would have released the image as well, IMO.
By the way, walking is an activity.

They haven't released any videos of LS at all.
Only one photo, and that before she even went to the bar.

I didn't say they had released any videos, but they DO have them, we know that. They have said they have videos of Lauren elsewhere, but were not prepared to release or discuss them publicly. Now those could be videos from Kilroy's, videos from her apt., or possibly another location.

By the way, police have just released the new and improved timeline today. Nothing was said about LS being out on the street at 3:38 am. The truck was driving at 4:14 to 4:24, if LS was out at 3:38 am with some strange man, it would seem this truck had nothing to do with any of it. So why would police be releasing the new timeline and the truck photos if LS was out on the street at 3:38 am with some strange man?
The only reason I can come up with at the moment is that she was at JR's apartment after 3:38 am and until approximately 4:30 am.

Like maybe the activity is someone with Lauren slung over their shoulder :waitasec:

Like maybe the activity is someone with Lauren slung over their shoulder :waitasec:

And what, they are keeping it secret? While we are looking for a truck? I find that very hard to believe. She was at that alley at 2:48 am to 2:51 am. The truck was driving at 4:14-4:24 am. If she was seen on camera before 3:00 am slung over some strange man's shoulder, there'd be no point looking for trucks.

You didn't say you are speculating in your post. You said witness "is a college student," while Tony Gatto identified her as a bar manager. As to what makes me think she wasn't a college student-because she wasn't identified as such, so why should I think she was?

I went and corrected my post. Should have said "if" she was a college student...

I don't understand how the man in the video at 2:51 is not CR. Did Lauren not walk CR back to his apartment and arrive around 3:00.....and MB was there to confirm that Lauren arrived with CR, who promptly got put to bed. How could another man be in the video with Lauren? How else did CR get back to his apartment...and why would MB state he saw and spoke with Lauren at that time, if it wasn't so?

The only reason I can come up with at the moment is that she was at JR's apartment after 3:38 am and until approximately 4:30 am.

I don't think they totally believe JR's story which is why the truck between 4:14 and 4:24 is so important to their investigation.

The alleged call could have been JR calling to find out where LS was, or if she made it back because she disappeared. Plus, this call has only been reported from HT. Still I don't know why he would have said he saw her at 4:30 walking away. That part is the part that doesn't add up to me.

Maybe because he didn't watch her walk away. He could be trying to redeem himself for not being a gentleman and making sure she arrived safely home.

The LE released the image of the truck. If they had LS on video with some strange man they couldn't ID, they would have released the image as well, IMO.
By the way, walking is an activity.

walking is activity, yes. But if they were simply walking, it makes more sense to just say that she was on video walking.

Saying "activity" makes me think something more. Doesn't mean it has to be bad activity. I'm not jumping to any conclusions or anything, but it just seems that activity would mean more than just simply walking.

LE never said they could or could not identify the other person in the video.

I don't understand how the man in the video at 2:51 is not CR. Did Lauren not walk CR back to his apartment and arrive around 3:00.....and MB was there to confirm that Lauren arrived with CR, who promptly got put to bed. How could another man be in the video with Lauren? How else did CR get back to his apartment...and why would MB state he saw and spoke with Lauren at that time, if it wasn't so?

LE never said the man was not CR. Just because LE wouldn't confirm it was, people are speculating it wasn't. I don't see how it wasn't CR either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member