IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it had been reported in MSM that Chapman had represented DR in the past on his previous charges? Guess not.

It appears that DR did not respond to those prior charges until he was picked up on a warrant for failing to appear after LS went missing. Chapman is representing Mike B, CR's roommate, who spent some time with LS that morning. Chapman is also now representing DR on the prior charges. According to HT, MB left Smallwood with LS to visit CR at about 12:30 that morning:

While Chapman said he is not representing DR in this case, he is in another matter. DR has been in contact with him these past two weeks...After failing to appear in court on May 27, he was arrested on a warrant June 5. After posting a $2,000 surety, $500 cash bond, DR was released from jail, and later entered a plea of not guilty in court. He is next expected in court on July 14.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/17/news.327394.sto

Ok, let me think out loud. If I was driving that truck what would I be thinking? Obviously I'm making assumptions, but I'm either trying to dispose of a body (either from an accident or a murder) or I've just kidnapped a girl. I may or may not have her (and/or an accomplice of mine) in the bed of the truck. I may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. No matter what, I'm nervous and, obviously, don't want to be pulled over by police or seen by very many people. I have at least a decent knowledge of Bloomington geography and habits. I want to get LS out of my truck as quickly as possible.

Where would I go?

We know from LE that this truck turned north on Morton on its last go-round, correct?

I would not want to go back around the block and head down Walnut. It's a main road and even though there's not a ton of traffic out I know that if I encounter a cop he may follow me simply because of the hour/boredom. Further, I wouldn't want to go towards campus. Too many people, plus IUPD as well as BPD.

I would know that by 4:30 am the west side of Bloomington would be starting to wake up as people head to work at Cook/Baxter/etc.

I wouldn't take her out to the bypass because of the ridiculous mess they've made of it.

So where would *I* take her? I'd head south on Rogers. Even if I don't get onto 37 south towards Bedford (I really don't want to drive 60 down the highway with my buddy holding a girl down in the back, if that's what was happening) there are plenty of wooded areas south of Bloomington where I could do what I wanted and then get rid of her.

After all, there was that girl who was raped on Rails to Trails there by Rogers/Country Club in the middle of the afternoon a few years ago.

I live on the south side of Bloomington and since Legends/Roosters/whatever its name was closed there is not a lot of traffic late at night. During the school year my husband goes to work at that time and he often doesn't see a passing car until he hits campus (and then it's an IUPD patrol).

I really like the thought process of your post. I too tried to think where this truck would have gone, and can't help but wonder about the scream that was supposedly reported. It is marked on the wikimap, and apparently came from West...which makes me think, if true, that this truck passed LS, circled the block, maybe watched her for a bit, or pulled over if she was sick and sat with her a bit. Could be they coaxed her in to the bed of the truck to drive her home, but instead turns right onto Morton instead of Left. Perhaps the driver wasn't sure he was going to take her until that moment, an almost "I can't believe I'm going to do this." Anyway, he turns Right on Morton, then Left on 11th, then another Right somewhere dark to pull over and throw her into the cab. From there, IDK. But, that's what I've been thinking. Her getting into the back is not the abduction...she does so willingly, maybe because of her friendly trusting of other's. The abduction then happens as he turns Right instead of Left on Morton. It takes her time to realize, and perhaps she starts banging on the back window to pull over or turn around...he has to pull over because she's going to cause a scene now. Even if the scream cannot be ruled in/out, I think it's a likely scenario. Unless she is back there passed out, I don't see how he would have driven far with her in the back..the risk is just too high. Either he lives very close (and probably has a garage or parking behind his house), or he pulled over to get her into the cab. MOO.

Re: the bedliner that is confusing and appears to be a white liner rumpled up..

I just wanted to help clear up this detail(have plenty already that we do not have answers for, so wanted to clarify the ones we do have answers for)..

In the pic below you'll see I circled both truck beds. Bottom picc is truck from surveillance video and top truck is a matching truck kissedegirl found and posted.. If you notice in the top pic there actually is no liner at all(the white is just the metal frame of the truck bare with no liner)and the railing is covered in a black hard plastic(IMO most likely because this truck comes with a removable tonneau cover..that obviously is not on either of the trucks)..

So hopefully these pics will better help and clear up the confusion of there being a white liner.. When infact it is just the white bare bed of the truck with the rails of the bed covered in a hard black plastic..
15149419.jpg

** one other note.. Many believe that there may be a black tarp in the back using to cover "whatever" is back there and that tarp also adds to the illusion of there being a white liner..
HTH:)

Smooth...here's is the top picture of the truck with your circles...it's before I changed it to black and white...it might help with some of the detail you are describing.

sten8.jpg

Appears that LS visited with MB for awhile, but LS was with DR for a lesser while:

Bloomington attorney Ron Chapman confirmed Friday that one of his clients socialized with Spierer for a period of time before her disappearance. Chapman said Friday Indiana University student and Smallwood resident DR “was with her that night for a little bit.”

Appears that LS visited with MB for awhile, but LS was with DR for a lesser while:

Bloomington attorney Ron Chapman confirmed Friday that one of his clients socialized with Spierer for a period of time before her disappearance. Chapman said Friday Indiana University student and Smallwood resident DR “was with her that night for a little bit.”

There appears to be plenty of public intoxication cases among this group of friends.

Smooth here shows what you are talking about.

More than likely, this truck comes with plastic rails, it shows how a roll down cover would work...at first I thought the black on side had the snaps to adhere to the cover, but it doesn't look like that would be the case. The rails are just flat.

autolatch.jpg

Just thought the truck people could be copper wire thieves. That would explain the late hour, and the time lapse of 10 minutes, and that they have not come forward. I wonder if any of the construction locations in the area had any thefts that night?

The keys are still bothering me.

2:30-2:40 a.m.: Lauren leaves Kilroy’s Sports with a friend. She leaves her shoes and cell phone at the bar.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81873

So, Lauren and her friend CR left Kilroys and were headed to her apartment. She had her keys at this point IMO.
About 2:30 a.m.: She entered her apartment and left at 2:42 a.m.

When they get to the apartment the group of boys are waiting for them or run into Lauren and CR where the fight occurs. The altercation took place on the fifth floor lobby. Is this Laurens floor? Were the boys already there or did they follow them up? Had the group been out at the bar or perhaps visiting someone on that floor? Who threw the punch? Did Lauren plead with them to stop and felt responsible to get him safely back to his place. Did these boys follow them out and into the alley?

After the altercation June 3, Spierer and Rossman, a 21-year-old from Sharon, Mass., were seen on video leaving the her apartment building at approximately 2:45 a.m

CR was punched and Lauren gets him out of the building and they head home to his apartment. Something called "activity" was seen on video in the alley on the return trip. Then at aprox. 2:51 or before 3am we have someone find the keys and set them on the rails.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...rer-s-companion-his-roommate?odyssey=nav|head

IU student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News on Friday that he saw a small purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 a.m. that morning on the sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

"I didn't know they were hers," said Amin, who had not yet given his account to police.

If I find a wallet I am going to look for the ID and hold onto it to return it to the person (call them, facebook them, etc...)or turn it into someone official who will make sure it gets into the proper hands. ID/Credit Cards are a hassle to replace let alone worrying someone is using them.
Was there identification in the wallet? I assume there was.
What were the boys who found the wallet doing out at those hours? Getting home from a night of drinking themselves? I hope LE has looked into them thoroughly.

IDK, I might be confused and going in circles over a non issue especially considering the fact this last reported sighting is
-- About 4:30 a.m.: Rosenbaum told police he saw Spierer rounding a corner toward home.

I mean, I know the card-case turned out to be LS's, but it didn't even look to me like it was purple in the still shot of her going out--it looked black.

What's been preying on my mind is that jacket/sweater thing. Where is it now? Could that have been in the bag that was removed from Smallwood?

As far as the driver y'all are seeing, I don't see it. Anyone mind tracing an outline using translucent paint colors like harrison or whoever did pages back?

Wasn't the truck last seen going west on tenth? I thought the right turn onto Morton was the first go round...am I wrong (heh, probably so, lol)

I'm to the point that I'm no longer convinced that Lauren ever made it inside CR's apartment (and the first time w/DR to JR's---not even sure about that anymore, let alone the supposed second visit to CR's).

I only have MB's (sober, working on 2 term papers, etc.) word that LS brought CR home, and that he tucked CR in. First, MB said he watched LS leave. Later, through his attorney, MB says that LS wanted to party after she visited awhile, he demurred and she went on to JR's. Therefore, the last person to see LS was not him and CR, but JR.

If CR, in fact, cannot truly remember anything from 15 min. before he was assaulted at Smallwood, and LS is missing, why should I take MB's word for anything at this point? For all I know, CR got himself home some other way, and was truly out-of-it. For all I know, LS could have stopped in the alley alone for some other reason, and the others' know that and do not want to admit that part of it.

Personally, I'm not taking any of the POIs words as truthful until I hear who, if anyone, supposedly passed that polygraph. Odd that an attorney would not be screaming that from the rooftops by now were it true. CR passing the poly would not provide as much information as MB passing it because if CR truly does not remember anything from 15 min prior to the assault, we still don't know definitively whether Lauren ever got inside CR/MB/JR's building after she is seen emerging from the alley at 2:51 AM.

The unlined truck bed gets me. What construction worker (or anyone who actually uses their truck for, well, truck-like purposes) would have an unlined bed? And if they have fancy rims it's not like they couldn't afford a liner.

I think the 'writing' is some kind of decal and that truck isn't used for work.

I agree with you.
Looking at the rims, I'd say possibly a student's truck or some other private owner.

What would be the reason for both MB and JR admit she was there if she was not? They could have put the whole thing on CR by saying she never arrived there. I see no point whatsoever of them claiming she was there if she wasn't.

I agree with you.
Looking at the rims, I'd say possibly a student's truck or some other private owner.

I've specifically made a point to look at trucks today and didn't see a single one with a liner.

The keys are still bothering me.

2:30-2:40 a.m.: Lauren leaves Kilroy’s Sports with a friend. She leaves her shoes and cell phone at the bar.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81873

So, Lauren and her friend CR left Kilroys and were headed to her apartment. She had her keys at this point IMO.
About 2:30 a.m.: She entered her apartment and left at 2:42 a.m.

When they get to the apartment the group of boys are waiting for them or run into Lauren and CR where the fight occurs. The altercation took place on the fifth floor lobby. Is this Laurens floor? Were the boys already there or did they follow them up? Had the group been out at the bar or perhaps visiting someone on that floor? Who threw the punch? Did Lauren plead with them to stop and felt responsible to get him safely back to his place. Did these boys follow them out and into the alley?

After the altercation June 3, Spierer and Rossman, a 21-year-old from Sharon, Mass., were seen on video leaving the her apartment building at approximately 2:45 a.m

CR was punched and Lauren gets him out of the building and they head home to his apartment. Something called "activity" was seen on video in the alley on the return trip. Then at aprox. 2:51 or before 3am we have someone find the keys and set them on the rails.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...rer-s-companion-his-roommate?odyssey=nav|head

IU student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News on Friday that he saw a small purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 a.m. that morning on the sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

"I didn't know they were hers," said Amin, who had not yet given his account to police.

If I find a wallet I am going to look for the ID and hold onto it to return it to the person (call them, facebook them, etc...)or turn it into someone official who will make sure it gets into the proper hands. ID/Credit Cards are a hassle to replace let alone worrying someone is using them.
Was there identification in the wallet? I assume there was.
What were the boys who found the wallet doing out at those hours? Getting home from a night of drinking themselves? I hope LE has looked into them thoroughly.

IDK, I might be confused and going in circles over a non issue especially considering the fact this last reported sighting is
-- About 4:30 a.m.: Rosenbaum told police he saw Spierer rounding a corner toward home.

The Keys bother me too...why would she forget her cellphone, but remember her keys.

Why would she go to her apartment, but not go in?

Why would she take the chance of walking CR down the alley to his apartment, after being struck in the face? I would be afraid they would follow and do much worse second time around.

Why not go into her apartment at that time? Fear of her boyfriend finding out? Doubt it...it didn't seem to bother her earlier or later in the evening that she was being seen in public with him.

If I forgot my keys too, I wouldn't enter my apartment. Another person up at 3:00 in the morning trying to remember it what time it was that he saw the keys and another trying to remember that he moved the keys. Was he sober? or was he guessing on the time he found the keys. Estimating even an half hour during this could be a big deal.

Something is just not right about this...where was the roommate again?

Since the truck took 10 minutes to go around the block, has anyone considered that it may have been dropping someone off? Perhaps it took them a bit to find the apartment/house, then walk the person to the door and say good night. Possibly help a drunk student into bed.

I'm just not convinced yet that this truck is involved.

I've specifically made a point to look at trucks today and didn't see a single one with a liner.

We saw 3 white trucks with liners yesterday, but all the liners were black.

My son, who was with us, said (paraphrased) 'a white liner wouldn't look good very long because of scratches and marks that would quickly show up if the truck bed is used much'

What would be the reason for both MB and JR admit she was there if she was not? They could have put the whole thing on CR by saying she never arrived there. I see no point whatsoever of them claiming she was there if she wasn't.

I believe much of what we're reading/hearing is related, not necessarily to any of their direct responsibility for LS's disappearance, but to their covering up of, in the least, the knowledge of any engagement in recreational drug use that morning (no need to cover for alcohol abuse and/or use of weed). If there was use of anything other than alcohol and weed during any piece of the morning, if there is knowledge that any of them stepped out to purchase, or any of them shared with LS and it resulted in harm to her, either then or later, whether in JR's building or not, on their watch or not, they do not want to be associated with that type of recreational drug use.

There's no official LE timeline prior to LS's arrival at Kilroy's (on video), nor after she emerges from the alley. Why not take the peers' word she brought CR back home? I believe there's a reason for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member