IN - Mark Sandifur, charged with child molesting, Flora, 28 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He doesn't straight out say that. Like everything LE says, it can be interpreted more than one way.
TL4S- The description beneath your user name lead me to add one of my own (for levity, as we know some think us all nothing but a bunch of Clowns) and I thought of another funny one- Clown Struck Dumb! : )

Well, it is not only the face. I don’t know if we can mention other photos that are posted in open SM, but in one, and it is not necessarily of him, MJD is standing full. Two things, his legs are not “thin”. I think he has “calves”. And i’d only guess, but his gait is probably not limping at all. In fact, i expect it to be slightly ballet-like. It is only my guess, but one can guess a lot from the way a person stands. He looks somewhat nerdish, JMO.

So in my mind, I did write him off. He knows many families, but it is a small place.

(His charge is bad enough. But again, innocent till proven guilty).

I tend to agree. In some frames, BG's face is so long and narrow. MJS's face is too round. But so many circumstantial coincidences make it hard to write him off.

QWERTY keyboard :)

Excluding a few minor members of the Wort family and other ephemera, what, aptly, is the longest single common English Word you can spell using any of the letters in the top line of a Qwerty keyboard?

Eta..you can use letters more than once.

Excluding a few minor members of the Wort family and other ephemera, what, aptly, is the longest single common English Word you can spell using any of the letters in the top line of a Qwerty keyboard?

Funnily enough 'typewriter' is one :)
(I cheated and used google)

I wonder if the DNA taken from MJS will help by enhancing the Known Local DNA pool.

I'm not sure how it all works...

When a perp is arrested for a felony and his DNA is taken (since the IN law pertaining to this came into effect) can LE then use it to their benefit in some way in looking into other crimes the perp himself may turn out not to be involved in?

In other words, if LE arrests for a felony, collects DNA, sends it out into the database to see if their perp is involved in any other unsolved crimes out there, would it be a "hit" of any sort if someone else (tangentially related to perp) left DNA at the scene of another unsolved crime?

IOW, is it strictly a "hit or miss" check pertaining solely to the one arrestee? OR, does LE's submission of a perp's DNA benefit LE in other ways by widening LE's DNA grasp beyond just that one arrestee?

I wonder if the DNA taken from MJS will help by enhancing the Known Local DNA pool.

When a perp is arrested for a felony and his DNA is taken (since the IN law pertaining to this came into effect) can LE then use it to their benefit in some way in looking into other crimes the perp himself may turn out not to be involved in?

In other words, if LE arrests for a felony, collects DNA, sends it out into the database to see if their perp is involved in any other unsolved crimes out there, would it be a "hit" of any sort if someone else (tangentially related to perp) left DNA at the scene of another unsolved crime?

IOW, is it strictly a "hit or miss" check pertaining solely to the one arrestee? OR, does LE's submission of a perp's DNA benefit LE in other ways by widening LE's DNA grasp beyond just that one arrestee?
I did read an article yesterday saying they are clearing up some old rape cases because of this new felony arrest DNA they are taking is doing exactly that, increasing the DNA pool. I'll see if I can find it again and post the link.

This isn't the exact one I read but same message.

State Rep. Says New DNA Collection Law Solving Crimes

Here's another link detailing those caught by Gedmatch.

List of suspected perpetrators of crimes identified with GEDmatch - Wikipedia

and another

Sooner or Later Your Cousin’s DNA Is Going to Solve a Murder

This is encouraging that LE now has these additional tools to help solve crimes. One felony arrest DNA could solve older crimes too.

Last edited:
QWERTY keyboard :)

You are hard on me, ladies and gents! :)

If it were Android that has Swype keyboard, it would have been QUERTY. With an iPhone, it is what it is. I am horribly irritated as the input mode is so slow.

Cool question!

I looked up the inventors of the typewriter (for some reason, I thought it was a German thing, to invent such a machine). It was invented 52 times, but the Italians contributed the most.

Typewriter - Wikipedia

Well, it is not only the face. I don’t know if we can mention other photos that are posted in open SM, but in one, and it is not necessarily of him, MJD is standing full. Two things, his legs are not “thin”. I think he has “calves”. And i’d only guess, but his gait is probably not limping at all. In fact, i expect it to be slightly ballet-like. It is only my guess, but one can guess a lot from the way a person stands. He looks somewhat nerdish, JMO.

So in my mind, I did write him off. He knows many families, but it is a small place.

(His charge is bad enough. But again, innocent till proven guilty).

But no one has ever said BG has a limp. He's navigating a pretty treacherous bridge. JMO. If I was up there on video it would be "she probably doesn't crawl and sob all the time". Lol.

It does. Because when the DNA code is run against “cold cases”, even 12.5% matching could mean first cousin, or a great-grandparent, or someone close in the family. Even 6.25% match is a “hit”, potentially.

As long as the compared DNAs are of good quality and with intact chain of custody, meaning, the police did not delegate the sample to a layman to drive to the lab for testing. Intact chain of custody is important.

So if the perp is arrested for a felony, and they run his DNA against all they have, and suddenly get “6.25% of his DNA is the same as the DNA found at the crime place in Delphi murders”, this is when the time will come to look at family trees, and think what side of the family the match is with, and do a lot of other things, and mainly, prove all it in court, lots of work... but still it will be a very lucky day for Delphi!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob_gf
Back