GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The words "most likely" answers your question. No one knows the specifics yet. It is the responsibility of the insurance company to underwrite, not the agent.

And fyi, there are four parties to a life insurance contract, and the payer you keep referring to is a non-existent entity.

"The words "most likely" answers your question"

Thank you fr admitting that this is your opinion, but not necessariy considered to be most likely.

All insurance has the potential for many parties to the contract. Those would be the insured (Melinda), the payor (possibly SL), potential beneficiaries (possibly SL) and the insurance company. Any party that entered into this contract, and defrauded any other party to the contract might be considered to have committed fraud and have voided the contract.

Not sure why you want to argue about parties to an insurance contract, when all you need to do is look it up on google and you will find the answer. The owner of the policy will be a pertinent issue as respects the policy in this case, in my opinion, but this discussion has gone way off course and I apologize to others for that having happened.

It was an individual policy set one for Melinda, && one for the daughter.

#JusticeForMelinda

Is this your opinion only or do you have inside knowledge of the insurance company's intentions?

You would think he would at least be able to come up with a better story.
Especially after having planned it for so long. Most of us here (myself included) seem to believe that he took out insurance on her, concocted a stalker and contacted the police multiple times in order to seed the story, and then carried out the murder in a way that made no sense - shooting her with her own gun, zip tying his hands but not his feet, etc.

I wonder if he really was living elsewhere, realized that if they actually did split he would have no opportunity to collect on the insurance, panicked, and drove over to her house that morning. I had assumed he spent the night at her house that night. Maybe that's not true, and he made the decision to go over there when he was drunk and/or drugged and not thinking clearly.

OMG. Me too...I feel sick..
*MY OPION* I'll bet they never *did* get "back together"! He wasn't staying at the house. He probably went over there in the middle of the night and did this. Then he set up the "I was sleeping on the sofa, the zip-tie, intruder" story!

Personality disorders can be overcome by many methods, and IMO, are not justification for murderous behavior.

This is simply not true. Personality Disorders are notoriously known for their resistance to treatment.

From PychCentral.com

Personality disorders form a class of mental disorders that are characterized by long-lasting rigid patterns of thought and behavior. Because of the inflexibility and pervasiveness of these patterns, they can cause serious problems and impairment of functioning for the persons who are afflicted with these disorders

Personality disorders are seen by professionals and researchers as an enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the expectations of the culture of the individual who exhibits it. These patterns are inflexible and pervasive across many situations. The onset of the pattern can be traced back at least to the beginning of adulthood. To be diagnosed as a personality disorder, a behavioral pattern must cause significant distress or impairment in personal, social, and/or occupational situations.

These disorders typically aren't diagnosed until an individual is a young adult, often not until their 20's or even 30's. Most individuals with personality disorders lead pretty normal lives and often only seek psychotherapeutic treatment during times of increased stress or social demands. Most people can relate to some or all of the personality traits listed; the difference is that it does not affect most people's daily functioning to the same degree it might someone diagnosed with one of these disorders. Personality disorders tend to be an intergral part of a person, and therefore, are difficult to treat or "cure."

There is a HUGE difference between a personality disorder and being insane. Insane implies one doesn't know right from wrong. Personality disordered, generally speaking, means the person is a self centered *advertiser censored*-*ole.

Here is something else that just hit me that is more than weird. I haven't seen it discussed. It was reported that it was around 2 a.m. when when the intruder entered the house. SL called the police at 6:19 a.m. (or somewhere just after 6 a.m.)

So what was going on in that house for four hours?

Fraud does void a policy, in particular, if a party to the policy, payor, beneficiary, or insured, can be proven to be a party to the fraud.

Look, it is a game of numbers, as regards insurance. Now that the insurance policy's integrity is in question the insurance company will put the burden of proof upon any, and all, beneficiaries.

Nikk,
I don't know why you are arguing this point. We're not even sure the insurance IS through his employer/past employer/union/ or weather it's a completely seperate policy. The only person qualified and VERIFIED to answer this is Set Her Soul Free. And she states it was a seperate policy.

I have seen many times in similar cases where the policy DOES IN FACT PAY; only not to the original beneficiary due to them being the murderer.

Here is something else that just hit me that is more than weird. I haven't seen it discussed. It was reported that it was around 2 a.m. when when the intruder entered the house. SL called the police at 6:19 a.m. (or somewhere just after 6 a.m.)

So what was going on in that house for four hours?

I haven't seen that. I have only heard that he called the police at 6:19am. I've only seen where it says "he said he fell asleep around 2:00am..."

Personality disorders are a man made construct. "Proof" is therefore subjective.

Safeguard, what evidence do you consider for a person to be classified as "personality dosordered". What studies evidence that a personality disordered person(by your definition) is treatment resistant and more dangerous than most?

There is no "evidence". There are symptoms that I'm sure you can look up anywhere on the internet. Narcissists, borderlines, etc. are treatment-resistant because they don't believe anything is wrong with them. Also, I've found they don't believe in personality disorders, either. Take that however you wish.

OMG. Me too...I feel sick..
*MY OPION* I'll bet they never *did* get "back together"! He wasn't staying at the house. He probably went over there in the middle of the night and did this. Then he set up the "I was sleeping on the sofa, the zip-tie, intruder" story!
This is my opinion also. Something set him off - maybe he was wasted and feeling desperate - he drove over there and acted out - and then panicked and came up with his ridiculous story. Of course I could be completely off base - but it would seem to explain how he made so many crazy mistakes.

The only reason I don't think it happened earlier is she probably would have passed away by the time authorities arrived.

If he really was staying at his brother's, did he still have a key to their home? Otherwise, how would he have gotten in? And wouldn't Melinda have woken up if she heard someone entering the house in the middle of the night? It has been stated she was a light sleeper.

I haven't seen that. I have only heard that he called the police at 6:19am. I've only seen where it says "he said he fell asleep around 2:00am...

I haven't seen that, or any mention of what time the intruder supposedly entered the house, either.

Sorry - it said he fell asleep at 2 a.m., so this might not be an issue.

The only reason I don't think it happened earlier is she probably would have passed away by the time authorities arrived.

If he really was staying at his brother's, did he still have a key to their home? Otherwise, how would he have gotten in? And wouldn't Melinda have woken up if she heard someone entering the house in the middle of the night? It has been stated she was a light sleeper.

If he was the control freak he appears to be, I AM SURE he had a key. And people don't always die immediately, even with a gunshot to the head. I believe her NOT dying immediately is what caused his panic. I am sure we will find out this information when more facts of the case are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy