GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was not her idea of a "Dream Wedding". SetHerSoulFree has said she did have a dream wedding,in mind, ( for some future day), white dress, cowboy boots and all. It was sad though, that she had to settle for what she was given.

That's what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

It was not her idea of a "Dream Wedding". SetHerSoulFree has said she did have a dream wedding,in mind, ( for some future day), white dress, cowboy boots and all. It was sad though, that she had to settle for what she was given.

Yeah, i heard some rumor on why they got married the way they did (bs i do know that she had a date and such set and they DIDNT get married on that date) .. but i never brought it up to her.. so i cant really confirm it or not..
however DEF not the kind of wedding she wanted and he PROMISED her a ceremony years later... still nothing..it broke my heart for her... i wish you all would have just gotten a chance to have a conversation with her.. she was truly one of a kind..

I WANT TO TAKE A MOMENT OUT TO SAY THANK YOU, TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU.. FOR TAKEN TIME AND INTEREST IN THIS IN MELINDA AND IN HER DAUGHTER AS WELL.

Its nice to know that even in death, she is still touching peoples lives.

It is so sad that she never got her dream wedding. She sounded so happy about getting married, but unfortunately, he was the wrong one.

Since she was such a light sleeper, he probably did drug her. I also think he fed the baby so she wouldn't wake Melissa(Melinda**) up. If the child was used to eating at 5am, she had to have been starving by the time the authorities got there and the newspaper said she was calm. JMHO.

Melinda* lol sorry i know it was typo buttt i had to fix it

i agree, he very well could have done just that... it wouldnt surprise me at all

I wonder the same thing. :(
I got out. Barely. But I now have the gift of hindsight. It took me YEARS to get my head straight after that horrific experience. Today I am shocked, horrified and ashamed of the behavior and treatment I accepted as almost NORMAL at that time. The names he called me were so vile, not to mention the other horrible stuff he did to me. But it shows me how easy it is to become conditioned to accept this type of behavior.

Good for you that you found the strength to get out of your abusive marriage. I had an emotionally abusive boyfriend years ago when I was young. I really thought I could change him, but sadly I wasted several years fighting an uphill battle before I ended it for good. Having been there myself, I completely understand how women can fall prey to these kind of men.

If she was drugged, that would hopefully show up in toxicology. This is a very sad thought, but she also could have been extremely depressed because of everything that was going on. Sometimes depression can make people sleep more than they normally do.

set her soul free shared that info and it is in a couple of of posts on the last two pages of this thread. Sorry I don't know how to post the link to those specific posts, but it is there.

Okay, so Melindas family lives in IL.. the IN/IL state line is making this VERY hard for them. The little on is currently with steves brothers wife we will call her "aunt G" for privacy reasons. In this case with Melinda being dead and steve being in jail she SHOULD have gone to the MOTHERS parents. however it is a prob with the state line.

((IMO)) >>> Now i think that why they are having a issue is even tho he has been arrested he hasnt been convicted so its hard to take the daughter over the state line.. i could be wrong.. im not 100% sure on what THAT deal is, i just know i was asked to find a cut throat lawyer for them (so i did)

you know i wondered the same thing about the fingerprints, i would assume that they did check for them and found nothing aside from melindas and steves, not that thats weird seeing as they were married, i would assume his finger prints be on the gun.. again the last two are IMO's

Oh. WOW! That clears up the *WHY* Steve would say he was living with his Brother right there! OMG! Now the puzzle piece snaps into place for me... :(

Or maybe the life insurance premium was coming due and there was no money to pay it?

If she was drugged, that would hopefully show up in toxicology. This is a very sad thought, but she also could have been extremely depressed because of everything that was going on. Sometimes depression can make people sleep more than they normally do.

Yeah I know they sent off for a full tox report, not thing was found in Her stomach during the autopsy.

I could see depression making her sleep toooo, but not thought anything like what he claims

#JusticeForMelinda

Or maybe the life insurance premium was coming due and there was no money to pay it?
This makes a lot of sense. He couldn't pay his rent or child support, so he probably couldn't keep the policy going either. Maybe he got a cancellation notice and decided he was out of time.

It will be interesting to see if this comes up in trial.

I overlooked red flags in my own marriage and kept waiting for the "wonderful" guy I'd fallen in love with to return. He never delivered on the promises he made to me, and he was always changing the game on me. I was in a state of near confusion most of the time. I was older and should have been "wiser" than Melinda when it happened to me, too. It can happen, it does happen and it can result in what happened to Melinda. Her story really resonates with me and my heart goes out to her, her family and friends.

Honestly, I think he had her scared to death that he would take her daughter. Bc after all she was "nothing but a dirty stripper before him"

Man ****** that guy

#JusticeForMelinda

Honestly, I think he had her scared to death that he would take her daughter. Bc after all she was "nothing but a dirty stripper before him"

Man ****** that guy
#JusticeForMelinda

Typical of an abuser. Present himself as Prince Charming. Then breaking her down by stripping her of her self confidence, calling her names, putting her down, making threats of throwing her out, taking the baby, instilling fear, acting like a lunatic, etc.

She probably was scared of him doing that. Typical of an abuser. So sad.

Typical of an abuser. Present himself as Prince Charming. Then breaking her down by stripping her of her self confidence, calling her names, putting her down, making threats of throwing her out, taking the baby, instilling fear, acting like a lunatic, etc.

And isolating her. On New Year's Eve she posted a quote that said "Love doesn't isolate. If you have to give up your friends and family to please your partner, that's not love. It's slavery." She was starting to catch on. And then two weeks later she was dead.

Man ****** that guy

#JusticeForMelinda
OMG this just makes me want to go for the guy's throat. ***** that guy indeed. May he burn in hell.

She kept telling me "you dont understand i CANT leave him, i just cant"

i kept thinking, you know we all get into those relationships were we love someone so much and its toxic but we love them so much we cant see anything else... cant see a life without them? i thought that THATS what she meant.. but... i wish i would have payed more attention then maybe i would have caught on to what she was trying to say.. so many times did i see a "cry for help" on her fb or a text.. and yet.. she was so quick to back track and take it all back.. change the story up.. i let it go.. ive been there.. i should have known better.. i should have pushed her to talk more.. to support her and give her the strength to leave for good. I know she got called "home" and she earned her wings.. but.. i just.. i wish that it were different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member