GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that if there was the trip, she would have told her friends some details about it, and perhaps shared some pictures, too. But from what he has stated, he had left the home six weeks prior to her murder, so that would have been right after returning home from the trip. If they did go on this trip, it is hard to imagine it would have been any fun if things between the two of them had gotten to the point where he went to stay with his brother right after their return. Weird.
Things don't make sense because there's no way to know what is true, and what is just another part of Steven's smoke screen. Did they go on the trip? Did he actually move out? Was there a stalker? This guy lies so much nothing he says can be taken at face value. And in the end it doesn't really matter, except as it goes to motive. All that really matters is what happened in that house that morning.

I actually hope they went on the cruise for Melinda and the baby's sake. At least she had some pleasure before the tragic end of her life. Just sad sad sad. The impact this will have on his children is profound
Hard to fathom such evil in the world.

If their financial problems were that severe, I'm a little doubtful that vacation ever took place. In addition, Melinda didn't mention it or have any pictures on her FB page. That said, a man who posted on the NWI forum stated that the vacation did happen and seemed to be "in the know" about a lot of other things, too. I got the distinct impression he was trying to change people's opinions about SL and even wondered if he was SL.

I'm kind of new here....what is the "NWI" forum? Thanks!

If they went on a cruise, someone has to know besides SL, who took care of the pets while they were away. You just can't leave 3 dogs to fend for themselves.

If they did go on a cruise, he had been plotting to murder Melinda for a long time, I wonder if he was planning on throwing her overboard, but never got the chance.

I'm kind of new here....what is the "NWI" forum? Thanks!

As a sidebar, that forum went up right after Melinda's murder and before SL's arrest. It was very active and many of the posters felt SL was guilty. The newspaper suddenly deleted it and the rumor is SL's attorney contacted the paper and other websites and threatened them with libel. Shortly afterwards, SL was arrested.

If their financial problems were that severe, I'm a little doubtful that vacation ever took place. In addition, Melinda didn't mention it or have any pictures on her FB page. That said, a man who posted on the NWI forum stated that the vacation did happen and seemed to be "in the know" about a lot of other things, too. I got the distinct impression he was trying to change people's opinions about SL and even wondered if he was SL.

There was no doubt in my mind it was SL.

So, did I understand correctly: SL was able to see his son & daughter both after the murder and before his arrest?

Unfamiliar with child custody / visitation laws: IF SL has a right to see his son (I know they now have a protection order over her - the only reasonable thing considering the second policy), can he demand visitation? In jail? Can the ex-wife nix that? I'd be crazy if I were her.

Anymore word on where the pets are? Do police arrest people and let the accused make arrangements from jail?

If there was a cruise it will come out in the trial I'm sure. There'd be a paper trail. She may have been told to keep it quiet because he owed money, not only child support to his ex but probably a slew of other creditors (maybe even rent). She may have been told to tell nobody so that the word doesn't spread.

But again, at the trial these details come out. Those poor children to have a monster for a father.

Only one of the dogs belonged to the ex-wife. It would be nice if she could at least get her dog back after that dirt bag stole him. She deserves something.

Only one of the dogs belonged to the ex-wife. It would be nice if she could at least get her dog back after that dirt bag stole him. She deserves something.
I would think that once the dogs were taken to a shelter anyone could adopt them, and the shelter would be glad to return the dog to someone it knows and loves. At least I hope.

I would think that once the dogs were taken to a shelter anyone could adopt them, and the shelter would be glad to return the dog to someone it knows and loves. At least I hope.

I don't believe the dogs were taken to a shelter. It was my understanding that SL's family has them. Trust me, he'd do anything to keep his ex-wife from getting her dog back. He kicked her door in to steal him.

1. There is no video
2. There is no life insurance policy on Baby E
3. B.S. has the dog. Has had the dog since the get go.
4. SL never moved out.
5. There was never a discussion about divorce.
6. They did take a cruise.
7. Rent was paid through March.
8. SL was employeed.

FYI

"He kicked in the door to get the dog from his ex!!!!" Just another example of the type of man he is. I do hope the dog went back to the ex, so his son at least has his dog back. What a tool! Sounds like his first marriage had some issues as well (cheating clearly, as he did not tell Melinda he was married when he met her). I am thinking that there are probably a lot of people who would testify to his bad character.

But, it is the two children I have huge compassion for (as well as Melinda's family and friends). It'll be a tough road being raised knowing your father is a murderer (or alleged murderer I guess one has to say).

Sad, and scary!

Melinda's friend Set Her Soul Free, who is a verified insider on this site, posted that the family has received confirmation that there was a LI policy on the baby. She is also a close friend of the owner of the house the Lindseys were renting. She posted that the owner was covering the rent because he didn't want to just kick the Lindseys out. Personally, I choose to believe her rather than the person who claims that SL was "employeed", and that the rent was paid up. But that's just me.

Set Her Soul Free posted on March 6th that there was a large life insurance policy on the baby. Scary.

I believe that Set Her Soul Free has posted more accurate information as well.

"He kicked in the door to get the dog from his ex!!!!" Just another example of the type of man he is. I do hope the dog went back to the ex, so his son at least has his dog back. What a tool! Sounds like his first marriage had some issues as well (cheating clearly, as he did not tell Melinda he was married when he met her). I am thinking that there are probably a lot of people who would testify to his bad character.

But, it is the two children I have huge compassion for (as well as Melinda's family and friends). It'll be a tough road being raised knowing your father is a murderer (or alleged murderer I guess one has to say).

Sad, and scary!

He also told Melinda he had no children at first - he's just a pathological liar and a horrible person. I think very little of what he told Melinda was true and it must have been devastating to her to realize she was married to such a liar.

He also told Melinda he had no children at first - he's just a pathological liar and a horrible person. I think very little of what he told Melinda was true and it must have been devastating to her to realize she was married to such a liar.
They didn't get married until after the baby was born. One of her friends stated that she learned the truth about him - that he was married with a child - when she was well into her pregnancy.

Tina I thought the same thing, that she must have been over the moon when she met him and he lied to her about everything. I suppose people like SL are adept at showing others what they want to see, saying what they want to hear.
To him it was a game. His fantasy was probably over the minute Melinda get pregnant, or when his first wife found out. I can't imagine finding out like that.

Is there any truth to the rumor SL was cheating on Melinda? I can't remember where I saw that, but I've been wondering ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1