GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally believe you.
I don't think anybody doubts that Steven reported a stalker. Some of us, however, doubt that the stalker actually existed. We suspect that Steven's plan to kill Melinda for the insurance money was in the works for quite a while, and the stalker story was concocted by him in a deliberate attempt to divert suspicion from himself.

And she doesn't have to reveal where she got her information since she is a Verified Poster....you can either believe her or not is my understanding...Kind of like the Verified Poster that said Melinda was pregnant when the other verified poster said she was not according to the Autopsy report...

No she doesn't have to, but it doesn't lend to credibility to be evasive. I find SetHerSoulFree to be totally transparent. She has been so open about herself, and the info she shares always includes WHO was present and how they know melinda, or any other info she can provide, she is an open book. Prehaps that why she seems to me, SO much more creditable. (Aside from the obvious reason...) Starshine4u has not shared HOW she's related to SL, nor how they came to be reunited after not seeing eachother for two years or more, when she posts information she leaves out who said/saw what, when (unless it's to say "Melinda" did or said whatever. ), and I find myself instinctively unable to trust such an evasive poster...

Melinda told some of her friends she was pregnant. Maybe she thought she was. ( I thought I was at one time, I was quite certain of it, but as it turns out, I wasn't). Maybe that's why setHerSoulFree, felt she was, or maybe she was actually pregnant. I don't know...

I can't answer your question but I'm not about to blame Melinda for not running after whomever it was.

JMO
I wouldn't blame Melinda either. I would, however, blame a strong, fit 35-year-old man for just sitting on his duff and watching while a stranger opened his door and tossed in a bag of lingerie. In fact I find it absolutely unbelievable that he would not give chase.

I wouldn't blame Melinda either. I would, however, blame a strong, fit 35-year-old man for just sitting on his duff and watching while a stranger opened his door and tossed in a bag of lingerie. In fact I find it absolutely unbelievable that he would not give chase.

Yes. I agree. I remember thinking to myself that he had no need to give chase to find out who it was because he already knew. ( That or he made the whole thing up, and Melinda wasn't even really there, on the couch when the bag was tossed.) Because it makes no sense that he didn't even try and go after someone who just so boldly broke into his home

There is a series on Netflix called "The Fall" It's about a serial killer who targets young professional women. When he is in the stalking phase, he breaks into their home and leaves lingerie for them. I wonder if SL saw it?
I get that stalkers aren't the most stable of people, but I can't understand why one would open the door to a home when the residents are there and toss a bag of underwear in.
Stalkers, from what I understand, watch their vicitims, leave them gifts, notes etc. but don't they want credit? Doesn't it make more sense for the stalker to have left the lingerie where he could watch Melinda find it?

No she doesn't have to, but it doesn't lend to credibility to be evasive. I find SetHerSoulFree to be totally transparent. She has been so open about herself, and the info she shares always includes WHO was present and how they know melinda, or any other info she can provide, she is an open book. Prehaps that why she seems to me, SO much more creditable. (Aside from the obvious reason...) Starshine4u has not shared HOW she's related to SL, nor how they came to be reunited after not seeing eachother for two years or more, when she posts information she leaves out who said/saw what, when (unless it's to say "Melinda" did or said whatever. ), and I find myself instinctively unable to trust such an evasive poster...

Melinda told some of her friends she was pregnant. Maybe she thought she was. ( I thought I was at one time, I was quite certain of it, but as it turns out, I wasn't). Maybe that's why setHerSoulFree, felt she was, or maybe she was actually pregnant. I don't know...

I don't understand why its so important to know how she is related to Steve....why do you need to know that? The only person who needed to know that information is the owner of Websleuth and obviously she believed her and thats why she's here giving information that she knows or can say...on the other hand SHSF was a friend to Melinda...as well as the majority here...thats a little different than being a relative...I certainly wouldn't tell anyone how I was related and airing the family laundry about how they re-united,if they did and when...whats that got to do with anything ??

I think because it lends authenticity. By her own admission she didn't know them very well. Set her soul free is one of Melinda's best friends and by the nature of that relationship privy to more details about Melinda and her marriage. I find it interesting and yet frustrating that both have such extremely contradictory evidence. Melinda was pregnant, Melinda wasn't pregnant, Steve lived with his brother steve never moved out, etc. Is that common here?

I think because it lends authenticity. By her own admission she didn't know them very well. Set her soul free is one of Melinda's best friends and by the nature of that relationship privy to more details about Melinda and her marriage. I find it interesting and yet frustrating that both have such extremely contradictory evidence. Melinda was pregnant, Melinda wasn't pregnant, Steve lived with his brother steve never moved out, etc. Is that common here?

I know Steve very well. I did not know Melinda very well.

I also find it unbelievable that a strong and fit young man would not give chase. That is, unless he knew that whoever threw in the bag of lingerie posed no threat to him.

I also find it unbelievable that a strong and fit young man would not give chase. That is, unless he knew that whoever threw in the bag of lingerie posed no threat to him.
If I was sitting on my couch and somebody started messing with my sliding glass door I would be on my feet at the first sound - and I'm a small woman. I think it would be human nature. Even if I didn't confront the person my flight or fight instinct would kick in - as I think it would for anyone. I simply cannot imagine sitting and watching while the door opened and a hand reached in and threw something. ESPECIALLY if I was being stalked. And we're supposed to believe they both just sat there? No. Just no.

I deleted my last post because you answered their questions...I don't know why you even had to but Thank You...

There's no need to be so defensive. The moderators introduced her as SL's aunt when she joined the forum.

I don't think anybody doubts that Steven reported a stalker. Some of us, however, doubt that the stalker actually existed. We suspect that Steven's plan to kill Melinda for the insurance money was in the works for quite a while, and the stalker story was concocted by him in a deliberate attempt to divert suspicion from himself.

For the stalker story to be credible, it would need to be someone that Steve could prove wasn't him. Therefore, the lingerie in the bag scenario while both Steve and Melinda were present. I have said from the beginning that I believe this premeditated murder had more than one participant.

JMO

I don't believe it was a stranger who opened the door. I think it was someone the dogs knew.

JMO

I find it unbelievable that three dogs did nothing, either. However, these are the same dogs that let the stalker come into their yard and beat them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy