GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget about the dogs tho. I can't believe some tart would be known to them. Only one was in the garage according to SHSF, but then again, that may be why.

I agree. The dogs knew Steve and would do as he said, imo.

How would the conspirator have left, after 6, without being seen by anyone?

Pull on a stocking cap, wrap up in big coat and walk out the door. Still dark out at 6 AM. Bitter cold. I don't know their address but I'm betting it was pretty easy.

JMO

If I recall correctly, pictures Melinda had online of the inside of her home showed the living room area had either wood or wood laminate flooring. I've had both myself, and two dogs. I cleaned the floors constantly, but there were always paw prints and as people walked through the paw prints, then there were foot prints.

Could be wrong on the type of flooring it appeared to be in the pictures I saw, but I cannot help but wonder if this is one of the ways LE was able to tell no one had been dragged through the living room and there were no signs of an intruder?

If I recall correctly, pictures Melinda had online of the inside of her home showed the living room area had either wood or wood laminate flooring. I've had both myself, and two dogs. I cleaned the floors constantly, but there were always paw prints and as people walked through the paw prints, then there were foot prints.

Could be wrong on the type of flooring it appeared to be in the pictures I saw, but I cannot help but wonder if this is one of the ways LE was able to tell no one had been dragged through the living room and there were no signs of an intruder?

Very possible they could tell from lack of scuff marks. I think their biggest clue was his cell phone. If he was asleep on the couch, it would either be on his body such as in a pocket or on a table. How did his cell phone make its way into the bedroom and become accessible to him? His story is impossible to believe.

JMO

Very possible they could tell from lack of scuff marks. I think their biggest clue was his cell phone. If he was asleep on the couch, it would either be on his body such as in a pocket or on a table. How did his cell phone make its way into the bedroom and become accessible to him? His story is impossible to believe.

JMO
Yes. He didn't think this part through. An intruder is not going to tie someone up and leave them access to a cell phone. Also, don't forget he never could reproduce exactly how he dialed 911 with his hands tied behind his back.

Pull on a stocking cap, wrap up in big coat and walk out the door. Still dark out at 6 AM. Bitter cold. I don't know their address but I'm betting it was pretty easy.

JMO

I thought no footprints found in snow?

I don't think there was an accomplice. JMO but wouldn't the other person have zip-tied Steve's feet? Somehow have done a better job making it look like a violent home invasion took place? Could two people really be that blind to the obvious flaws in the plan? I will be surprised if they find any prints or other evidence pointing to a second party.

Yes. He didn't think this part through. An intruder is not going to tie someone up and leave them access to a cell phone. Also, don't forget he never could reproduce exactly how he dialed 911 with his hands tied behind his back.
An intruder is not going to tie someone's hands and leave their feet and legs free. Especially not when the victim is out cold while the intruder is doing the tying. That's what clinches it for me.

You are correct

#JusticeForMelinda

There were no footprints found leading up to the sliding glass doors or windows, leaving only the front door as the possible means of entry. As there was no sign of forced entry that leaves only one way for an intruder to have entered - through the unlocked front door. Hence all the discussion about whether or not Melinda would have left her door unlocked in view of the fact that she was being stalked.

An intruder is not going to tie someone's hands and leave their feet and legs free. Especially not when the victim is out cold while the intruder is doing the tying. That's what clinches it for me.

The fact that his legs and feet were not bound was also one of the first real problems I had with his story. Followed up by his easy access to his cell phone, being able to make three calls with his hands bound, and really, absolutely nothing is adding up to me.

The fact that his legs and feet were not bound was also one of the first real problems I had with his story. Followed up by his easy access to his cell phone, being able to make three calls with his hands bound, and really, absolutely nothing is adding up to me.

As well as his complete inability to manage even a single phone call, when asked, by the police, to demonstrate how he had done so.

I also think had an intruder or intruders been in the house, he/she would have also left their own footprints on the flooring that LE would have been able to detect, had they existed. Especially given the type of flooring in the living room area. Agree on the easy access to the cell phone and being able to dial it but not reproduce how he did it to LE.

No signs of struggle in the home, baby girl being calm, no sign of any intruder, those are the big red flags that I see

No signs of struggle in the home, baby girl being calm, no sign of any intruder, those are the big red flags that I see

Baby calm and content? Red flag for me. My thought is she had been fed, given bottle or comforted in some way. Very happy she wasn't harmed.

Baby calm and content? Red flag for me. My thought is she had been fed, given bottle or comforted in some way. Very happy she wasn't harmed.
Yes. And also I wonder WHY if SL was screaming into the phone on a 911 call did that not upset her? I would think hearing her father screaming, plus the gunshot, plus the struggle between SL and the assailant would upset her a bit.
What I think is that SL dialed 911 and was on the phone with them as he was staging the scene. Maybe. Idk. Depends on how long it took LE to arrive OTS.

How many little ones get thrown off their schedule and are happy and content, used to breakfast by 5:30 no breakfast by 6, I know my 2 would have been very unhappy,

I'm happy that she wasn't harmed, might just have been the reason that Melinda held on for so long, last act of a mothers love

Mine are his feet and legs left unbound, shot with her own gun, no sign of forced entry or struggle - and no marks on Steven. Maybe it's possible to choke somebody unconscious and drag them from room to room without leaving a mark - but I just don't see it.

Mine are his feet and legs left unbound, shot with her own gun, no sign of forced entry or struggle - and no marks on Steven. Maybe it's possible to choke somebody unconscious and drag them from room to room without leaving a mark - but I just don't see it.

I dabbled in MMA fighting for a little bit & I've never been put in a hold & put to sleep without SOME kind of mark.. That could be just me tho. However I highly doubt it, && the lack of fighting back.. You would think.. The urge to protect his family would have kicked in.. Some kind of effort even if they were to succeed.. Something anything to fight back.. Steve isn't a small man & he is very strong.. I watched a video Melinda had of him climbing a light pole with just his arms.. I just can't even imagine.

#JusticeForMelinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member