GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/crime-...cle_39a6215c-9270-51ce-915f-24599f8d2e38.html

This is from the 17th, last Wednesday.

Rogers dismissed the life insurance policy as a motive, saying the couple had fallen behind on the premium payment just before the killing.

If I was the prosecution, I would point out that SL had already drained his retirement accounts, the checking account was down to $13.00, and he had been researching the life insurance in his computer. So he KNEW the policy would pay even if they'd missed a payment. He also knew there was no more money coming in and she was getting ready to leave. He knew he had to HURRY UP and get it done.

SL's haste and greed made him sloppy and that will prove his undoing.

I think the prosecution realized with the hung jury how many holes it left in it's original case and will methodically plug each of them this time around. With a month, they will be able to eviscerate the defense. I deeply and sincerely hope anyway.

Airtight alibi. It appears yet another defense "suspect" bites the dust.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/crime-...cle_39a6215c-9270-51ce-915f-24599f8d2e38.html

This is from the 17th, last Wednesday.

Rogers dismissed the life insurance policy as a motive, saying the couple had fallen behind on the premium payment just before the killing.

If I was the prosecution, I would point out that SL had already drained his retirement accounts, the checking account was down to $13.00, and he had been researching the life insurance in his computer. So he KNEW the policy would pay even if they'd missed a payment. He also knew there was no more money coming in and she was getting ready to leave. He knew he had to HURRY UP and get it done.

Not to mention he tried to collect it!

Airtight alibi. It appears yet another defense "suspect" bites the dust.

Yes, and this doesn't look good for the defense. So far, they haven't been able to muster up another viable suspect or make the police look like they botched the investigation by focusing on SL.

Nancy Grace was talking about something the other night (not this case) and she said, "Isn't it interesting how the suspect/husband in these wife murders is conveniently knocked out, chocked out, or is conveniently unconscience right at the time their wife is murdered?"

It really is unbelievable.

Nancy Grace was talking about something the other night (not this case) and she said, "Isn't it interesting how the suspect/husband in these wife murders is conveniently knocked out, chocked out, or is conveniently unconscience right at the time their wife is murdered?"

And yet three people on the previous jury believed it.

Yeah. How come nobody evers clubs the husbands over the head with a heavy blunt object? I would think most homes have something one could use handy...

Why risk a possible fight, put up by the husband, ( I know there never seems to be one, but how could ya know?).

Seems risky to me, to try and choke someone with your bare hands, risking a fight, possible yelling and who knows what, waking the wife ect...

I wonder how many of the "I was Choked out" guys are found not guilty?

(Swear I never heard the term, Choked Out" till this case).

How is Nancy looking these days? Cant stomach her for three seconds myself...

I alway picture her with her twins going:

"You know you colored on that wall! Just admit it!"."Your standing right there with the crayon in your hand, don't try and blame your brother, your guilty!"
Lol.

"Seems risky to me, to try and choke someone with your bare hands, risking a fight, possible yelling and who knows what, waking the wife ect..."

Especially when the wife has a loaded gun in her room and the murderous intruder apparently knew that, because he didn't bring his own weapon and was hoping he could use Melinda's gun.

Looks like a page right out of the OJ Simpson murder defense.

The biggest problem I have always had with the "intruder" theory is all of the obstacles you need to get past in order to make it fit.

1) this "intruder" (with intent to kill Melinda) came into the house unarmed.

2) he had to get into the house without getting caught.

3) he had to get past the dogs.

4) he had to "win" the fight with SL, without leaving any marks on SL.

5) he had to "win" the fight with SL without leaving any sign of a struggle in the living room or even knocking the blanket off the sofa.

6) had to count on SL either not screaming (which we know he can do) or not scream loud enough to wake up Melinda. (who we know to be a light sleeper)

7) the intruder had to either know where Melinda's gun was located or just happened to get lucky and found it to use to kill her.

8) then we have SL calling 911 screaming and moaning into the phone loud enough he could be heard outside the house. And we are suppose to believe he doesn't know weather the killer is still in the house or not. By his own admission, he has NOT checked on his wife. Yet he says, "they took my wife." And "they shot my wife."

And what about that 5 or 6 minutes between 911 calls and the call to the brother. wth was he doing?? That's a LONG time. And the first call, all he did was scream. He didn't say anything that could be understood. I've heard it. If he really wanted to get help to the house for his wife, wouldn't you think he would get it together enough to say something coherent? But he doesn't. He HANGS UP ON 911. IGNORES THEIR FOLLOW UP TEXTS, AND CALLS HIS BROTHER!!! Then he waits for 5 or 6 minutes before calling 911 again. What was he doing????

Looks like a page right out of the OJ Simpson murder defense.

The biggest problem I have always had with the "intruder" theory is all of the obstacles you need to get past in order to make it fit.

1) this "intruder" (with intent to kill Melinda) came into the house unarmed.

2) he had to get into the house without getting caught.

3) he had to get past the dogs.

4) he had to "win" the fight with SL, without leaving any marks on SL.

5) he had to "win" the fight with SL without leaving any sign of a struggle in the living room or even knocking the blanket off the sofa.

6) had to count on SL either not screaming (which we know he can do) or not scream loud enough to wake up Melinda. (who we know to be a light sleeper)

7) the intruder had to either know where Melinda's gun was located or just happened to get lucky and found it to use to kill her.

8) then we have SL calling 911 screaming and moaning into the phone loud enough he could be heard outside the house. And we are suppose to believe he doesn't know weather the killer is still in the house or not. By his own admission, he has NOT checked on his wife. Yet he says, "they took my wife." And "they shot my wife."

And what about that 5 or 6 minutes between 911 calls and the call to the brother. wth was he doing?? That's a LONG time. And the first call, all he did was scream. He didn't say anything that could be understood. I've heard it. If he really wanted to get help to the house for his wife, wouldn't you think he would get it together enough to say something coherent? But he doesn't. He HANGS UP ON 911. IGNORES THEIR FOLLOW UP TEXTS, AND CALLS HIS BROTHER!!! Then he waits for 5 or 6 minutes before calling 911 again. What was he doing????

I agree with all points. I hope the prosecution brings up the question of the 5 to 6 minutes and to also inquire why his brother didn't call 911 after talking to SL. That doesn't make any sense to me. If one of my siblings called and was hysterical and incoherent, I would definitely get in my car to go to help them, but I'd do it AFTER calling 911!

I agree!! That's a really good point, Molly. Because didn't the brother say he was incoherent when he called him too??

....and since WHEN did Melinda want to go back to dancing??? When has that ever been brought up until now? I thought she was looking to get a waitressing job.

I agree!! That's a really good point, Molly. Because didn't the brother say he was incoherent when he called him too??

Yes, the brother said SL was incoherent. I think he also stated he didn't know if SL had called 911. I do not understand why anyone would put their life in peril by going to a crime scene without calling 911 first. It makes no sense to me.

I don't recall this being mentioned before either, but isn't it the prosecution who is stating this? Perhaps they have information on this that hasn't been brought up before. I'm not sure. I imagine she was beyond frustrated with the job and income instability and it was something they were arguing about?

She had a baby to take care of and dancing was how she made her living before she met Steven. If she wanted to get away from him it would make sense that she would try to return to her old job. I think it goes to her intent to leave him. The insurance policy was about to expire and she was looking to get out. If he was ever going to get that insurance money it had to be then.

She also loved performing, and she was good at it. I know some people find Exotic dancing tawdry, but others dont.

She had already brought home the biggest "threat to her life" and married it.

No matter what she chose to do for a living, she would have been far safer working, than she was staying home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4