GUILTY IN - Melinda Lindsey, 23, shot to death, Porter County, 16 Jan 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing that he told Melinda that his first wife and child were deceased it has always made me wonder if SL had plans to get rid of them, but the xwife got rid of SL first.

This is a very scary thought. Possibly the ex did not have a million dollar policy on her life, and that is why she's alive today.

Friday ended the 3rd week of the trial. That was the entire length of the last trial. I know they said this trial would be "longer than the first", but does anyone remember hearing an actual estimate for how long?

I thought I read four weeks. But today started the 4th one and, as of the last court day, the prosecution's case had not rested yet. We have defense's case, plus jury instructions & deliberations. We might be looking at 5-6 weeks. I don't care how long it takes, I'd just like justice for Melinda, her baby & her loved ones.

Friday ended the 3rd week of the trial. That was the entire length of the last trial. I know they said this trial would be "longer than the first", but does anyone remember hearing an actual estimate for how long?

I'm pretty sure they scheduled it for four weeks. Both sides will have to move extremely fast to cover everything if they plan to be done by the end of this week, though.

This is a very scary thought. Possibly the ex did not have a million dollar policy on her life, and that is why she's alive today.

Possibly. It's my opinion that Melinda's fate was sealed as soon as she married him. I don't think it has as much to do with the insurance as it does with "no other woman is going to leave ME." SL had already been through (what he considered) a humiliating divorce because his first wife left him. Never mind that he treated his first wife poorly by cheating on her. He obviously lacks the ability to self reflect. I think he knew Melinda was leaving. And he couldn't tolerate being rejected by another woman. I think he encouraged Melinda to put the insurance in place during one of their many previous fights. Then they forged on and worked things out until January of 2015. I believe it became clear to SL that Melinda was leaving and there was no talking her into staying. SL's ego could not tolerate another woman leaving him. So he began setting up the "stalker" plan. We know most of the rest.

This sounds like a script straight out of Who the bleep did I marry on Discovery Channel.

So sad this wife, mother, daughter and sister met such a horrible end. I'm sure she meant so much to those that loved her.
Justice

Possibly. It's my opinion that Melinda's fate was sealed as soon as she married him. I don't think it has as much to do with the insurance as it does with "no other woman is going to leave ME." SL had already been through (what he considered) a humiliating divorce because his first wife left him. Never mind that he treated his first wife poorly by cheating on her. He obviously lacks the ability to self reflect. I think he knew Melinda was leaving. And he couldn't tolerate being rejected by another woman. I think he encouraged Melinda to put the insurance in place during one of their many previous fights. Then they forged on and worked things out until January of 2015. I believe it became clear to SL that Melinda was leaving and there was no talking her into staying. SL's ego could not tolerate another woman leaving him. So he began setting up the "stalker" plan. We know most of the rest.
I have always thought that when he asked her to marry him, and then had that cheap, quickie wedding without any of their friends or family, he had already decided what he was going to do. The wedding was in November, 2013. In January 2014 he lost his job and bought the life insurance. He killed her a year later. Meanwhile he set up the stalker story, and stopped working or paying rent or bills except for the insurance policy. That all screams premeditation and planning going way back to me.

I have always thought that when he asked her to marry him, and then had that cheap, quickie wedding without any of their friends or family, he had already decided what he was going to do. The wedding was in November, 2013. In January 2014 he lost his job and bought the life insurance. He killed her a year later. Meanwhile he set up the stalker story, and stopped working or paying rent or bills except for the insurance policy. That all screams premeditation and planning going way back to me.

With that backstory, it sets the stage premeditation. He wasn't honest with her from the day they met. Imagine telling her ex wife and son dead. How did he finally fess up to the reality of actually still being married. Whoops, that's a pretty big over site.

With that backstory, it sets the stage premeditation. He wasn't honest with her from the day they met. Imagine telling her ex wife and son dead. How did he finally fess up to the reality of actually still being married. Whoops, that's a pretty big over site.

Oh I'm sure he told her a whopper, and I have no doubt he felt really, really, smart when 20-year-old Melinda bought it. But at that point she didn't really have much choice than to believe him and hope for the best. She was pregnant and out of work - and she had a lot of pride. She didn't want to fail. Those are her fathers words. So she tried to play the hand she was dealt.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ptb-lindsey-trial-st-0309-20160308-story.html

Lindsey also testified according to the transcript at the time that the reason he tried to collect on a $1.1 million life insurance policy for his wife was because he could tell police suspected him and he wanted the money to pay for his own private investigator.

....sure you were...I would find him more believable if he said he was afraid he was going to be arrested and was going to need the money for his defense. How many times have we heard "they" were going to find the "real killer"?

So he didn't have blood on his clothes. Okay, so he wouldn't have because the splatter would have gone in the other direction. Or .... he CHANGED HIS CLOTHES before handcuffing himself with zip ties. Did the cops go through every piece of clothing in the house? No .....

So he didn't have blood on his clothes. Okay, so he wouldn't have because the splatter would have gone in the other direction. Or .... he CHANGED HIS CLOTHES before handcuffing himself with zip ties. Did the cops go through every piece of clothing in the house? No .....

Can't help but wonder if they considered whether he did this "Lizzie Borden" style with no clothing on at all?

That's just it. They cannot pinpoint the exact time she was shot. She could have laid there all night. Nobody knows for sure. Since there wasn't any blood spatter and she didn't die right away, there is no way to tell. He could have had tons of time to take a shower and allow the shower to dry out. There wouldn't have been any indication that he'd even taken a shower when the police got there.

Well the type of hair Melinda had could have and has been known to cause there not to be any back splatter from a gunshot. I sure hope that all the jurors understand that and heard that.

I can't believe that he has the nerve to say that he wanted the money to hire someone to find the killer because the police were not doing their jobs, is that the best he could come up with.

Well the type of hair Melinda had could have and has been known to cause there not to be any back splatter from a gunshot. I sure hope that all the jurors understand that and heard that.

I can't believe that he has the nerve to say that he wanted the money to hire someone to find the killer because the police were not doing their jobs, is that the best he could come up with.

I can't either!! That has to be one that almost every murdering husband says!! I wonder if the jury laughed when that person reading the transcript in his monotone voice read that???

SL doesn't secure the home from the stalker cause he didn't think the stalker would shoot Melinda in the head, then he needs the money to find the stalker.

I'm praying the this jury sees the evidence for exactly what it is SL took a gun and shot his beautiful young wife in the head.

It makes me sick to think that Melinda may have layed there suffering for hours before the 911 call, which is what I have always suspected, just because baby girl who was used to having breakfast really early was not screaming for her mommy and her food, no toddler is going to wait hours after their normal breakfast time and be happy

SL doesn't secure the home from the stalker cause he didn't think the stalker would shoot Melinda in the head
So - she slept with a gun on her nightstand because she was afraid of the stalker - but he didn't lock the doors at night because he never thought the stalker would shoot Melinda.

If this jury does not convict I swear I am going to lose all faith in humanity.

SL doesn't secure the home from the stalker cause he didn't think the stalker would shoot Melinda in the head, then he needs the money to find the stalker.

I'm praying the this jury sees the evidence for exactly what it is SL took a gun and shot his beautiful young wife in the head.

It makes me sick to think that Melinda may have layed there suffering for hours before the 911 call, which is what I have always suspected, just because baby girl who was used to having breakfast really early was not screaming for her mommy and her food, no toddler is going to wait hours after their normal breakfast time and be happy

I didn't realize she didn't die immediately. It is also peculiar that the baby wasn't crying for food. If SL staged things, he could have fed her changed her put her back in bed. Wonder if detective checked if she was freshly changed. I remember reading there was a pan in the sink, what about baby cup or bottle? Just seems strange scenario.
I hope each juror reads all the transcript, takes notes and asks questions. They need to get this correct.

I wonder how his blood got on the wall since they said it wasn't hers.. no one has seemed to ask for that explaination

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member