GUILTY IN - Mercedes Lain, 11 mos, extreme danger Plymouth, 12 Aug 2021 *3 Arrests, includes parents*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Miller did not leave Mercedes with woman at hotel.

Never believed he did. These meth addicts believe their own lies then spout out more lies.

I'm actually shocked he talked. Surprised he led them to where he dumped Mercedes. Right now sending up prayers her COD won't involve certain things.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Lain and Coburn tried numerous times to contact Miller; when they finally got a hold of him, he said he’d dropped the girl off with a neighbor. However, that turned out not to be true.

Coburn dropped a duffel bag off at a different neighbor’s house; the bag contained a safe that police believe contained “illegal narcotics.”

Police said Miller told them that Lain contacted him on Aug. 12 to discuss buying synthetic marijuana. The conversation then turned to difficulties the parents were having with the little girl.
Missing 11-month-old Indiana girl found dead, investigators say | WGN-TV
Duffel bag full of drugs, where is there a diaper bag with bottles,formula, diapers, baby food, change of clothes,pj's,teethers, etc???????

From the press conference, the charge that the 'parents' are facing is A Level 6 Felony Neglect of A Dependant.

The sentence for this is 1/2 year to 2&1/2 years

What an incredibly light sentence for serving your child up to a known drug addict where her demise was entirely predictable, all so you could go get high yourself.

I hope they find more evidence to add charges.

KL spent mere months in jail last time when he traded his other daughter for drugs. He learned nothing.
I shudder to think that these two could get a couple years and have another child some day. When will the madness end?

Duffel bag full of drugs, where is there a diaper bag with bottles,formula, diapers, baby food, change of clothes,pj's,teethers, etc???????
I keep picturing her in the white onesie with pink trim. Was she still wearing it? I wonder what exactly was thrown in extra to the bargain when mom and dad ( ugh! I had to lower my head in disgust as I typed those words) traded away their only chance for good in their lives. Diapers, favorite stuffed animal, blankie, milk, food, snacks etc.
you know, all the things a decent person would think about. What was Miller’s reward of appreciation going to be? He did NOT agree to take the child out of the goodness of his heart. All addicts possess one primary characteristic and moral failure. Selfishness..

From the press conference, the charge that the 'parents' are facing is A Level 6 Felony Neglect of A Dependant.

The sentence for this is 1/2 year to 2&1/2 years

What an incredibly light sentence for serving your child up to a known drug addict where her demise was entirely predictable, all so you could go get high yourself.

I hope they find more evidence to add charges.

KL spent mere months in jail last time when he traded his other daughter for drugs. He learned nothing.
I shudder to think that these two could get a couple years and have another child some day. When will the madness end?
wow these laws need to be more harsh as a life has been lost due to their negligence ......
to the poster talking about sterilizing. I agree it needs to be done

I'm tremendously saddened, angered and frustrated at these events, and for poor little Mercedes. This is 100% another death that CPS should have prevented. I know so many of us feel deeply for the little ones left in these situations and are angered at the child protection agencies that seem to be doing nothing for the kids left to grow up in these dangerous, trauma inducing environments.

Not all hope is lost.

If you're able and motivated to help, every state (except ND) has a CASA program- (Court Appointed Special Advocates) which helps give abused and neglected children a voice, a mentor, and a protector- someone who will speak up for their needs and best interests.

I know that for Mercedes and so many other children like her, we can only seek justice now. But if it may help relieve our collective grief and start the process of healing, there are so many children who need the passionate, compassionate, headstrong child advocates that so many of us WS users are.

Rest peacefully, Mercedes. I hope you get justice and your siblings are soon able to grow and flourish under the care of loving adults. MOO.

I'm tremendously saddened, angered and frustrated at these events, and for poor little Mercedes. This is 100% another death that CPS should have prevented. I know so many of us feel deeply for the little ones left in these situations and are angered at the child protection agencies that seem to be doing nothing for the kids left to grow up in these dangerous, trauma inducing environments.

Not all hope is lost.

If you're able and motivated to help, every state (except ND) has a CASA program- (Court Appointed Special Advocates) which helps give abused and neglected children a voice, a mentor, and a protector- someone who will speak up for their needs and best interests.

I know that for Mercedes and so many other children like her, we can only seek justice now. But if it may help relieve our collective grief and start the process of healing, there are so many children who need the passionate, compassionate, headstrong child advocates that so many of us WS users are.

Rest peacefully, Mercedes. I hope you get justice and your siblings are soon able to grow and flourish under the care of loving adults. MOO.

This is awesome. Thank you so much.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Miller told police Wednesday that he woke up on Saturday at a residence in Mishawaka, a St. Joseph County city just east of South Bend, and found the child dead. He told police he then moved her body to the wooded area in adjacent Starke County.

Body of missing 11-month-old girl found in northern Indiana

Just a side note: I have two sets of friends, both going through the foster/adoption process. The amount of paperwork they had to fill out, the vetting and the hoops they had to high jump through were unbelievable. CPS told them that prospective foster families are required to meet and maintain an "A+" while the goal ... not even the requirement, but the goal ... for families to get their kids back is a "D" at best.

Basically, they'll give a child back to "D" families but require "A+" to foster. All because 'reunification' is what is best. I reckon they don't watch the news or discuss cases amongst themselves.

Bless this baby and all she's been through.

I shudder to think the nightmares this precious baby lived through during her brief 11-month stay on Earth.:( I can't even get started on my thoughts and feelings toward her supposed parents and the sicko they let babysit.:mad: I can't b/c I'll get banned, quickly. :oops: CPS and anyone else who turned a blind eye, you'll forever have blood on your hands. You MUST do better!! :rolleyes:

Rest in peace, sweet little Mercedes. :( You deserved so much better. Enjoy Heaven, little one. God's angels will now comfort you throughout eternity.

Just a side note: I have two sets of friends, both going through the foster/adoption process. The amount of paperwork they had to fill out, the vetting and the hoops they had to high jump through were unbelievable. CPS told them that prospective foster families are required to meet and maintain an "A+" while the goal ... not even the requirement, but the goal ... for families to get their kids back is a "D" at best.

Basically, they'll give a child back to "D" families but require "A+" to foster. All because 'reunification' is what is best. I reckon they don't watch the news or discuss cases amongst themselves.

Reunification at all costs - the price being the well-being and sometimes the very life of the child(ren). It's an insane goal for an agency who is supposed to be protecting our children. :(:mad:

It completely goes against their one and only objective, Child Protection. Reunification at the expense,and detriment of a child's very breath,and life has to end. Children's rights should Trump parental unit's MOO

It must vary by state. I listened to the podcast on the Hart kids called Broken Harts and they described how the kids came to be in the system prior to adoption. One set of kids were placed in foster care when their single mother was found to have an alcohol problem. That's all. She had a sister, or some family member who offerd to take the kids but was denied. The kids were put up for adoption within a year of being removed and the mother didn't seem to be given much time at all to recover or improve. I was shocked at how quickly the kids were put up for adoption!! Even when there was a family member willing to take them. And that turned out just great in the end...

On Wednesday, Miller told police that he was at a residence in Mishawaka “on or about August 14” and woke up to find Mercedes had died. He then told investigators he disposed of her body at a Starke County property located at 1025 E. and 50 N. He eventually led officers to the scene, where they found the girl’s remains.

Missing 11-month-old Mercedes Lain found dead in northern Indiana, police say

BBM - Reminds of that terrible scene in the movie "Trainspotting" - horrific.

I shudder to think the nightmares this precious baby lived through during her brief 11-month stay on Earth.:( I can't even get started on my thoughts and feelings toward her supposed parents and the sicko they let babysit.:mad: I can't b/c I'll get banned, quickly. :oops: CPS and anyone else who turned a blind eye, you'll forever have blood on your hands. You MUST do better!! :rolleyes:

Rest in peace, sweet little Mercedes. :( You deserved so much better. Enjoy Heaven, little one. God's angels will now comfort you throughout eternity.

BBM - I pray there was someone in her short little life who truly loved her. If not, that precious baby didn't have a chance growing up in that environment. Cases like this are so devastating, it's hard to type through the tears.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth
Back